Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed in Cernos Prime.

SkeinsOfFitzsimmons

Question

Good (early) morning.

Being a new player, and not having the time spent in requiring higher relics that Lith, I footed the $50 for the Prime Access weapon pack. I have to say, I'm disappointed in the performance of Cernos Prime. 

I wasn't prepared for the firing of three arrows, which spread wide at max distance. A sharp contrast to my sniping Paris Prime and Dread. Currently, I'm only using it to farm survival missions.

I'm curious to know what other players think. What are your suggestions? Am I doing something wrong in utilizing the Cernos Prime?

Thank you all for your continuing support.

8 answers to this question

It's not like a sniping bow like the Paris or Dread. It's more like a shotgun bow, use it in closer ranges for heavier targets, then take advantage of it's spread for groups of the weaker units. It takes a little while to get used to, but it's a ton of fun once you do.

I'm also not impressed. While I do appreciate the fact they they did something to make it different than the Cernos, and other bows in general, and the superior Rakta Cernos, I take a lot of issue with the weapon.

Firstly, we have enough Cernos models. 3 versions of a weapon is enough, we didn't need a 4th version when there are so many other weapons that need upgrading *cough*Daikyu*cough*

Secondly, we really didn't need a Shotgun Bow. Kind of feels like it goes against the reason people use bows. That in and of itself isn't a bad thing, I love my Kohm and that's less of a shotgun than it is a shrapnel rifle. But unlike the Kohm, Cernos Prime doesn't break conventional rules in a way that is both functionally and fun enough that anyone's going to be interested. Maybe if it could be controlled like Artemis. But it can't. At least Ivara can use Artemis as a single target or shotgun bow. The Daikyu, which is what should have been Primed if we had to get another Prime bow, at least has different mechanics and function to all the other bows in the game. Cernos Prime is just yet an another crit bow that needs to be used at point blank to be particularly effective at higher levels. And bows are not optimal at point blank with their speed, especially if it's the slowest bow in the game.

Edited by Ceryk

4 hours ago, Ceryk said:

I'm also not impressed. While I do appreciate the fact they they did something to make it different than the Cernos, and other bows in general, and the superior Rakta Cernos, I take a lot of issue with the weapon.

Firstly, we have enough Cernos models. 3 versions of a weapon is enough, we didn't need a 4th version when there are so many other weapons that need upgrading *cough*Daikyu*cough*

Secondly, we really didn't need a Shotgun Bow. Kind of feels like it goes against the reason people use bows. That in and of itself isn't a bad thing, I love my Kohm and that's less of a shotgun than it is a shrapnel rifle. But unlike the Kohm, Cernos Prime doesn't break conventional rules in a way that is both functionally and fun enough that anyone's going to be interested. Maybe if it could be controlled like Artemis. But it can't. At least Ivara can use Artemis as a single target or shotgun bow. The Daikyu, which is what should have been Primed if we had to get another Prime bow, at least has different mechanics and function to all the other bows in the game. Cernos Prime is just yet an another crit bow that needs to be used at point blank to be particularly effective at higher levels. And bows are not optimal at point blank with their speed, especially if it's the slowest bow in the game.

I think the reason they didn't prime daikyu is because the idea, the 'shotgun bow', that was thought of first, now they wanted a bow to prime, the daikyu isn't really good with this idea, it already has weak utility stats, and it won't make more 'controversy' like a cernos prime

as for the whole idea, I think DE is trying to give primes a unique mechanic also, and not just newer weapons, since primes are just buffs. They also want us to make 'the choice', for example: do I use sancti or prime tigris, do I use rakta or prime cernos..etc

tbh, the idea is good, bows shouldn't  just be snipers. Something different is always good. The only suggesting I have is an ult-fire to make it horizontal, but I don't think they'll do it since it'll be too close to Artemis bow 

11 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

as for the whole idea, I think DE is trying to give primes a unique mechanic also, and not just newer weapons, since primes are just buffs. They also want us to make 'the choice', for example: do I use sancti or prime tigris, do I use rakta or prime cernos..etc

Which is a good idea, but only after we have more variety to begin with. And we already have that choice with the Cernos, which is the Rakta and the Mutalist. Adding a third choice is just excessive when the Daikyu only has one model and legitimately needs an upgrade. But no, I do agree, the Daikyu should not have been made into some shoddy version of Artemis.

Edited by Ceryk

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:03 AM, Ceryk said:

You listed all of the issues I have with the Cernos Prime.  Every last one of them.  I would have much preferred a Daikyu Prime as a direct upgrade to the regular version. 

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:17 PM, Ceryk said:

the Daikyu should not have been made into some shoddy version of Artemis.

Word!!

i like cernos prime because it's different from old style unlike any other weapons such as dread , paris prime , daikyu, cernos. Those weapons are all the same just differently in name, stat, model otherwise everything do the same function but Cernos prime not just different in stats, its style completely changed like your have to play point blank or long range for spread.

Edited by ToKeSia
Update Info