Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please remove Nitain from sorties

Suicidal_Bunny

Like many others have said, Nitain as a more obtainable reward located elsewhere besides sorties would probably be the ideal way to do this rather than just "remove the scarce resource from another location"

Honestly, it would be nice to have a daily/weekly system that let you grab some Niatin or some of the other more difficult to obtain resources/items. I know Sorties are kind of that, but it would be interesting to have tiered daily challenges that were something like an in-between of sorties and alerts that gave rewards that veterans might not want or need but that other players, especially those that don't have schedules that accommodate Alerts, could use.

On 11/30/2016 at 9:20 PM, Callback said:

I'm a veteran founder and I do need nitain.

Ok, you use Nitain, that's your way. But do you actually need THAT much so you'd sacrifice a chance of getting a riven, a lens or a forma from Sorties? I mean, I stopped even looking at those alerts the moment I realized I have 100+ of them.

On 12/1/2016 at 4:14 PM, ice.goblin said:

Ok, you use Nitain, that's your way. But do you actually need THAT much so you'd sacrifice a chance of getting a riven, a lens or a forma from Sorties? I mean, I stopped even looking at those alerts the moment I realized I have 100+ of them.

Yes I would prefer Nitain over those specific 3 items.  

Rivens are rapidly approaching cap (currently at 10/15) at which point I'll have no choice but to dissolve one every time I earn a new one making the sortie reward a mere 200-1000 or so endo instead of the 2k I could otherwise get.

Lenses... ok yeah I'd like those.  But mainly because DE has decided to force focus farmers onto Bere by nerfing stealth which I had previously lensed for, and I need lenses to go onto Bere frames.  I CAN still stealth but it only earns like 5-10k focus per run. pretty tedious.  New lenses to pop on a Bere frame would be nice, but being able to finish building everything would still be nicer so nitain wins.

Forma... why is it even on the list?  That's the dumbest addition ever.  I'll take 500 endo over a forma.  Seriously WTF.

Edited by Callback

7 minutes ago, Callback said:

Yes I would prefer Nitain over those specific 3 items. 

I just suggested those I'd like to see in my rewards, that's it.
May I know how much Nitain do you spend in a week, taken that you get your hands on all the alerts you see? I mean come on, they appear so damn frequently.

Anyway, I suppose you're in the minority and it's not related to your rank, it's more like your game style. I'm not a founder but I have been playing since closed beta and I am sure there are a lot of oldschool players in this topic. So if they remove Nitain from sorties, there must be another way to obtain more Nitain, hopefully.

Edited by ice.goblin

14 minutes ago, ice.goblin said:

I just suggested those I'd like to see in my rewards, that's it.
May I know how much Nitain do you spend in a week, taken that you get your hands on all the alerts you see? I mean come on, they appear so damn frequently.

Anyway, I suppose you're in the minority and it's not related to your rank, it's more like your game style. I'm not a founder but I have been playing since closed beta and I am sure there are a lot of oldschool players in this topic. So if they remove Nitain from sorties, there must be another way to obtain more Nitain, hopefully.

I spend the amount I earn, give or take what I have leftover/what remains after building things.

True I do have a small stockpile "on hold" for prime frames I'm still farming. (20 vauban 5 valkyr 6 nekeos I think)

As for that, I am a founder, but my "daily login count" started me at 0 for some reason and is still around 45 right now since I came back to the game.  Nitain is a new resource to me, and a painfully slow one to gather at that.

They really should just buff sabotage for it tho.  1% is insane.  Even 1% for xiphous would be unreasonable, but it's even lower than THAT.  5% xiphous 10% nitain seems fair.  Seriously WTF with xiphous.

And why do I still not have a Brakk receiver despite constantly maintaining a Grustrag death mark since invasions first came out?  That's not even mentioning the scimitar part they have now, being much newer.  Stalker is stingy with his scimitar too.

Edited by Callback

2 minutes ago, Callback said:

And why do I still not have a Brakk receiver despite having constantly maintaining up a Grustrag death mark since invasions first came out?

I had the same issue with one of Stalker weapons. I only had my luck getting it by update 15 or 16 despite farming it since they first introduced stalker.

19 minutes ago, ice.goblin said:

26 minutes ago, Callback said:

I'll take 500 endo over a forma.

On 11/29/2016 at 11:16 PM, Azrael said:

Just because we have a lot of them doesn't mean we should try to make it harder for other people to get them. I hate hearing people say "well all my friends have like 200 forma bp's so I can't see how you're possibly out of them unless you're lazy" and meanwhile I'm farming forma bp's every day trying to keep up with the foundry. So let's not say "I have 100 nitain so how could you not have a bunch."

I build and use a forma every single day, and I'm always in danger of running out of them. I have spent so much plat on forma it's embarrassing. Meanwhile I have loads of nitain. Some people are rich in certain resources, while others are poor in those same ones, and it doesn't mean anything except that different people have different luck and different playstyles and different times they can play. So saying something like "I have loads of that how could you want more" is not very helpful.

9 minutes ago, Azrael said:

I build and use a forma every single day, and I'm always in danger of running out of them. I have spent so much plat on forma it's embarrassing. Meanwhile I have loads of nitain. Some people are rich in certain resources, while others are poor in those same ones, and it doesn't mean anything except that different people have different luck and different playstyles and different times they can play. So saying something like "I have loads of that how could you want more" is not very helpful.

Danger of running out of blueprints?  Running even a moderate number of relics gives you stacks of BPs much faster than they can build, as long as you value them above a 15 duck part (and below a 45 duck one)

Part of the forma issue is that you ONLY get BPs from relics, and the foundry system is outdated.  Taking 24 hours PER forma is the bottleneck that kills this system.

22 minutes ago, Azrael said:

So saying something like "I have loads of that how could you want more" is not very helpful.

Still this is not a valid reason for DE to put resources into end-game events. And this is in my honest opinion a poor design decision.

8 minutes ago, Callback said:

Part of the forma issue is that you ONLY get BPs from relics, and the foundry system is outdated.  Taking 24 hours PER forma is the bottleneck that kills this system.

My opinion is that it's a wise way to limit your progress so you don't go ape S#&$; crazy on polarising everything you can, then running out of resources very quickly... You know how whiny people can get on forums. It's a free-to-play after all.

Edited by ice.goblin

1 hour ago, Callback said:

Danger of running out of blueprints?  Running even a moderate number of relics gives you stacks of BPs much faster than they can build, as long as you value them above a 15 duck part (and below a 45 duck one)

Yes but I don't spend all my time running relics. When I do run them, I usually need ducats badly as well. Granted, lately I haven't been needing ducats because I farmed like 12k after the release of TWW, but that's recent. Also, before the key system was replaced getting blueprints was much harder, and the best ways to get them required running keys that were relatively rare. Once again, I didn't exactly live in the void, so I often had trouble keeping up. When I do manage to get a lot, I usually stop farming them for a while and focus on other things, then run out and have to farm more.

Btw, I really wish I could pay for Baro's stock in ducks. That would make the whole thing way more bearable.

"Excuse me, how many ducks does this cost?"

"It costs 400 ducks, tenno."

"Okay, I'll have them shipped to you. Is it okay if I ship them as fillets? It saves on shipping weight."

"I'm sorry tenno, but I only accept living ducks. Perhaps a Darvo Deal would be more your speed?"

Before receiving nothing but Nitain, I was getting nothing but 2k endo;

Might I suggest something less conventional and give the player a a choice of three rewards sorta like the relics and occasional daily login.

Otherwise these problems of "why always this useless drop"  will continue to occur. Not to say this would be perfect, but will provide more leeway and control to the player.

*Edited for context

Edited by ShyCake

46 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

I get that they want a second source of Nitain other than alerts, and that's fine, but Sorties are not the place for that. Nitain should just become a rare drop from rare crates or caches, or maybe even a rare resource drop from bosses.

Yeah, I agree with that. But dropping from bosses might be a bit too much for DE's taste. Rare crates would work fine, though, and would encourage people to run raids more often.