Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question on ash's bladestorm. Involving the marks.

Xephier223

Question

So i've been using the bladestorm and I only seem to be placing 2 marks on a target, instead of the three it talks about. I've gone to videos to look this up and it only seems to place the two, i've tried it both with and without mods on and I am not sure what is stopping it at this point. Can anyone help me?

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Xephier223 said:

So i've been using the bladestorm and I only seem to be placing 2 marks on a target, instead of the three it talks about. I've gone to videos to look this up and it only seems to place the two, i've tried it both with and without mods on and I am not sure what is stopping it at this point. Can anyone help me?

From what ive seen in videos the answer is it only marks what it takes to kill them, but ive herd 3 marks in high levels aren't enough so. 

6 hours ago, (XB1)FCastle74 said:

From what ive seen in videos the answer is it only marks what it takes to kill them, but ive herd 3 marks in high levels aren't enough so. 

Maybe, but honestly I can kill most the enemies I 2 mark with 1 mark.

Edit: you're right, I had to go up to level 80 before it would put on the third mark. 

Edited by Xephier223

52 minutes ago, Xephier223 said:

Maybe, but honestly I can kill most the enemies I 2 mark with 1 mark.

Edit: you're right, I had to go up to level 80 before it would put on the third mark. 

I'm glad for that. I was really worried about the possibility of overkill with the marks.

On 12/1/2016 at 8:55 AM, Insizer said:

I'm glad for that. I was really worried about the possibility of overkill with the marks.

Still seems like it happens, because when I was testing I put 1 mark on a person and still killed them instantly. Wasn't sure why I was putting 2 when I can do the job with 1

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Wait.. do you guys mean that we will not be able to mark more than 2 enemies at one time?

and only 3 at lvl 80?

did i get this right or am i mistaken?

You're mistaken.  You can place as many marks as you have energy for, up to 3 per enemy.  The only limit to the total number of enemies you can mark is your energy.  What they're talking about is that the system will stop you from placing more marks on an enemy than it would take to kill that enemy.  So, theoretically, if it would only take you one hit from Bladestorm to kill an enemy, you will only be able to mark that enemy once.  If it would take two hits, then you can mark them twice.  If it would take three or more hits, you can mark them three times.

17 minutes ago, Aekhon said:

You're mistaken.  You can place as many marks as you have energy for, up to 3 per enemy.  The only limit to the total number of enemies you can mark is your energy.  What they're talking about is that the system will stop you from placing more marks on an enemy than it would take to kill that enemy.  So, theoretically, if it would only take you one hit from Bladestorm to kill an enemy, you will only be able to mark that enemy once.  If it would take two hits, then you can mark them twice.  If it would take three or more hits, you can mark them three times.

Let me understand this right.

If i mark an enemy once, i will BS but i may not kill him as he needed 2 or 3 BS hit?

And how am i suppose to know how many hit each enemy needs?

or you keep on marking him until it stops (a waste of time)

or you may BS him, but then you may need to mark him again and again to kill him? (a waste of time).... you'd better bring your synoid or kulstar

(Dammmm, what a mess and a chaos if this is true)

PS: we may see in the recruitment channel: LF a team who is quick in marking, with a good memory to remember how many hit each enemy requires.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

If i mark an enemy once, i will BS but i may not kill him as he needed 2 or 3 BS hit?

or you may BS him, but then you may need to mark him again and again to kill him? (a waste of time).... you'd better bring your synoid or kulstar

PS: we may see in the recruitment channel: LF a team who is quick in marking, with a good memory to remember how many hit each enemy requires.

Marking happens instantly as soon as your crosshair goes over a valid target (assuming you have the energy).  You can target a bunch of enemies multiple times in about five seconds by wildly swinging your crosshair back and forth.  So yeah, you don't know how many hits a given enemy will take, you just keep marking until it stops you or until you feel like you have to start the attack anyway.  Is it as fast as old Bladestorm?  No, obviously not.  Does it do as much damage as old Bladestorm?  Yes*.

I don't defend DE's choice here with the new Bladestorm; it took away Ash's panic button, which was an unwarranted nerf to Ash in my view.  That was the only time I ever used the ability before the change, so it's nearly useless to me now.  About the only thing I use it for post-nerf is quickly taking down a flying enemy (I'm a melee player) if I know I'm not in a good position to jump slash it and/or Shuriken is being stupid and not targeting it.

*being limited to 3 marks per target means we can no longer hit enemies with Bladestorm more than three times unless we recast it, so the per hit damage is the same, but the ultimate damage output of the ability is reduced.

20 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Yes you are right

->That is depends on your skill

-> you have to remmeber how much is your bladestorm vs their hp

( if cant, fat stuff x 3, normal stuff x 1)

-> thats what i have been sayong in the mega thread damn redundant skill

-> sadly no such thing LOL