Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me understand the Quanta Vandal

Autongnosis

Question

Hey ho PhPers, so i have had a Quanta Vandal in my inventory for some time now, and i mostly had that tucked away for mastery purposes.

Though yesterday i finally decided to rank it up, and i realised it's a pretty fun gun actually(despite the horrid looks).

After that though... How do you build it? I mean, you could tehcnically stack firerate and elements or, since it's pin-point accurate. go for a crit build, or for a status build... Too many options! Help me decide what to do with the gun please.

Also, as a side note, are the cubes really all that great? I mean, yeah i't AoE, but i found that they weren't really all that worth the extra ammo burned to spawn them... Am i missing something?

9 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Also, as a side note, are the cubes really all that great? I mean, yeah i't AoE, but i found that they weren't really all that worth the extra ammo burned to spawn them... Am i missing something?

Cubes need to be used tactically.  Fire a couple into a tight mass of enemies or one straight at a high priority heavy unit.  The beam on the quanta is extremely ammo efficient and the cubes allow you to burst up your damage drastically at the expense of some ammo.  It is a great combination when used properly.

It's a beast of a gun. Underrated and endgame for sure.

I have a 3 forma one that I use as my endgame anti-corpus gun (sorties). Magnetic and Toxin status build. 3 dual stat elementals and one 90% (so both toxin mods). With split chamber this gives it 91% status and still plenty of base damage. 

Shred is a must. The punch-trough is an obvious boon, and the fire rate increase is basically a bit of extra dps completely for free because of how near-brokenly ammo efficient the gun is on it's primary fire mode.

For my friend who fell in love with the gun, I helped him build a more general use (4 forma) pure damage corrosive/cold, and it does not disappoint. 

19 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Cubes need to be used tactically.  Fire a couple into a tight mass of enemies or one straight at a high priority heavy unit.  The beam on the quanta is extremely ammo efficient and the cubes allow you to burst up your damage drastically at the expense of some ammo.  It is a great combination when used properly.

Alright thanks, cause every time i meet a Quanta user all i hear is the cube spamming noise and since i use them very sparingly on massed targets i was a bit baffled as to wheter i was doing it wrong.

No one ever tried the crit? AS+PS makes it 40% and you can headshot for days. Is it that bad?

5 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Alright thanks, cause every time i meet a Quanta user all i hear is the cube spamming noise and since i use them very sparingly on massed targets i was a bit baffled as to wheter i was doing it wrong.

I'd put cube spammers into pretty much the same category as Mirage Simulor spammers.  It wouldn't surprise me if the cube spammer more often than not was a Mirage.  If someone enjoys playing the game that way then so be it, but its not the way I want to play.  Nor do I think that is the best way to get the most out of the quanta.