The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

In the case of Brazil, there is no limit for the prize cost ( there is but it's linked to the amount of money the company  produces... so no issue here ) and I found nothing about taxes, however, the law demands the entire sorting proces to be runned by the national lottery... that makes it a lil complicated... 

Say if I happen to have relatives in the us and a valid visa... nah too much of a hassle... but I do hate international premiations like this, this stuff allways happens.

LOL DE , what's up with those eligible only countries in the giveaway. Did you use random country generator for Europe or what ? And what about the citizenship for these countries as requirement. Did you just cut off part of your playerbase completely? What's next - plat giveaways on streams only for a specific set of countries as well ? 

Warframe is a great game and I don't really care for the prices or giveaways. I know chances of winning one are next to 0. But don't separate the players like this. This is not a logical and fair approach.

21 hours ago, PiotrGracz said:

any form of gambling is illegal and subject to severe punishment in Saudi Arabia.
Giveaway with random selection of a winner is a GAMBLING instance.

DE is doing you a favor by not allowing you to get in troubles.

Hello dear.
not like that
This contest is not gambling because I do not pay for the winning probability

So how do you guys check how many entries someone submitted?

like if someone created 10 gmail accounts and then used those 10 gmail accounts to create different Warframe accounts? Then entered 10 different times, then created/signed in on PC/console during that time frame. Then they did that 1000 times in the month... Just wondering cause I've seen S#&$ like that in my previous work assignment. 

Soo i'm poor, i got a 8+ year old PC, and from a poor country (Hungary) as well, and here is a chance to win some nice PC/Xbox/PS and i can't get it cuz of  my country :'(
*Crying in Hungarian maniacially*

But lets not forget, i love this game, i got 3000+ hours in it (atleast steam says so), and i appreciate every moment of it, Thx for you guys!

Edited by SkirtHunter

Meh again, Australia and New Zealand get completely glossed over... guess they shipping costs break their bank if someone down here won (im being sarcastic by the way with that comment).

I kinda understand Australia, given they are made up of States and each state often has its own rules (similar to states in the US), but my country New Zealand as far as im aware has no rules concerning overseas competitions (but hey your average American thinks NZ is part of Australia unfortunately... and this time im not being sarcastic).

Meh...

Yeah im salty i guess, but hey this happens so often it kinda starts to grat on you, you know.

Edited by ColPresumptuous

On 01.12.2016 at 6:12 PM, Autongnosis said:

No italians :'( Thanks for the heads-up though :)

EDIT: for any EU player wondering exactly what are the regulations impeding DE, this link was posted in the body of the topi and is lost in themayhen, i thought to report it up here http://www.sorainen.com/UserFiles/File/Publications/Guide Promotional Games and Contests in the EU.pdf

This is really stupid,I checked the country list and for Romania there were literally no (special) rules which could block DE in any way lmao. Im guessing the allowed countries are the most Platinum spending ones because the things in that book are NOT the reason.

Just sitting here in Florida barely managing 25 FPS in Warframe with over 2400 hours in-game wishing I could sign up for this...

EDIT: Just to clarify, I wouldn't have that much time in-game if I didn't like it. I'll keep playing even though I apparently can't enter!

Edited by Asakano

4 hours ago, Didoguard said:

LOL DE , what's up with those eligible only countries in the giveaway. Did you use random country generator for Europe or what ? And what about the citizenship for these countries as requirement. Did you just cut off part of your playerbase completely? What's next - plat giveaways on streams only for a specific set of countries as well ? 

Warframe is a great game and I don't really care for the prices or giveaways. I know chances of winning one are next to 0. But don't separate the players like this. This is not a logical and fair approach.

As its been pointed out in other replies similar to this, its not DE that is to blame. Its because of all the legal paperwork, taxes, laws & regulations that each individual country has in place with contests/lotteries/giveaways. The biggest issue is how much the prizes are worth in each package too.