Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 8:07 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

OUVl1Su.jpg

Whether you're a Founder or a newly awoken Tenno, thank you for being part of the Warframe Community! We could not be where we are today without you. To honor your continued support, we’re giving away some stellar Prime gaming setups!

That’s right - from December 1, 2016 and February 1, 2017, enter our Prime Gaming Giveaway for a chance to win:

• 1 of 3 Prime PC Setups
  • 1 of 3 Prime PlayStation 4 Pro Setups
  • 1 of 3 Prime Xbox One S Setups
  • 1 of 50 Upcoming Prime Access Packs (one week before their release)

To enter, log into warframe.com/giveaway and follow the steps outlined on the website. To complete your entry, you must play Warframe from any time between December 1, 2016 and February 1, 2017

This contest is open to Tenno across all 3 platforms. Winners will be announced during one of our live-streams later on in February 2017!

Full details, including eligibility, are available here: warframe.com/giveaway-rules

====

Here is a list of eligible countries and regions. As much as we'd love to give everyone a chance to win one of our great prizes, there are different competition rules per country/state/province that ultimately determined the final list of eligible locations.

Reveal hidden contents

All participants must
(a) be at least 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, (residents of Alabama or Nebraska must be at least 19 years old; residents of Mississippi must be at least 21 years old), at the time of entry;
(b) possess a valid form of identification; and,
(c) be a legal resident of:

• (i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations),
  • (ii) Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec,
  • (iii) Finland,
  • (iv) France,
  • (v) Germany,
  • (vi) Mexico,
  • (vii) Norway,
  • (viii) Russia,
  • (ix) Switzerland, or
  • (x) the United Kingdom. 

These eligibility rules apply for ALL prizes, including the Prime Access Packs. 

I really want to win this! ??

That's it. I'm done. I'm going to start taking measures to change one of Quebec's most $&*&*#(%& laws. I am sick and tired of being locked out of cool stuff like this because the government wants to keep a monopoly over lotory. It's not the first time, and won't be the last if nothing is done about it. Trouble is, I have no idea where the starting line to that is. Going to do some research.

On 04/12/2016 at 1:56 AM, elpeleq42 said:

Can't DE try to do ANYTHING about it? Not even an answer of the reasons?

DE already stated reasons, and many many players also sent plenty of links.
 and...
 2015: Brazil recently revised their position on contests. Contests/promotions are now prohibited unless permission is obtained from the Ministry of Finance in  Brazil and there is not a standard practice for submitting promotions for potential approval at this time.

taken from http://www.mardenkane.com/articles/international-sweepstakes-contest-laws-may-cause-problems.html

so there you go, Brazil issued no permission. Dont blame DE.

Edited by PiotrGracz

When my friends and I heard about the Prime Gaming Giveaway* we were all massively excited and planned upon entering in the hopes of winning but upon reading the terms and conditions were saddened and annoyed to discover that neither Australia nor New Zealand are getting access to the Giveaway despite the many long time fans and players of the game living within these countries so in response to that I say DE what the hell?   

*This is about the PS4, Xbox and PC Giveaway only 

Someone didn't read carefully.

WHY IS MY STATE/PROVINCE/COUNTRY RESTRICTED FROM ENTRY?

We’d love to give everyone a chance to win one of our great prizes.. There are different competition rules per country/state/province that ultimately determined the final list of eligible locations

27 minutes ago, greywolfalpha said:

In the countries that I listed, there are no laws or bylaws to the best of my knowledge that would prevent this giveaway from including at least New Zealand  

Keywords in bold.  DE has lawyers who study such things for a living who have to make sure that each and every single possible location made available in these contests isn't breaking some law or treaty or other thing that would get DE in trouble.

If your country/region/province/state/city/town/watering hole was excluded there was a legal reason.  DE isn't going to just exclude someone for absolutely no reason at all knowing full well it would upset the players in said location.

They just frigging flew all the way to australia for some convention for crying out loud, at their own expense for like just a couple of days to meet their fans and players there.  Do you really believe they'd go through all that trouble just to turn around and say "Gosh, Australia, let's not let them in this giveaway, they ain't worth it, eh?"

Or hey, maybe they had a really bad time there and this is just revenge.  New Zealand probably annoyed them somehow too.  Did you send them cookies for prime time?  That's probably what did it.

26 minutes ago, Suncake said:

I'm pretty sure that in Russia we will have to pay taxes if we win something. 

It's 35% of the prize's worth if we don't risk anything, just googled.

Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear that, mate.

But hey, at least the vodka's subsidized, if you're into that sorta thing. 

15 minutes ago, Angrados said:

Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear that, mate.

But hey, at least the vodka's subsidized, if you're into that sorta thing. 

On the other hand, you can consider it a 65% discount, so I still would be pretty happy to win here since my current PC has a badly outdated config. And maybe I got something wrong and the taxes aren't that high, I have never won anything worthy.

Nah, I only drink on the rarest occasions.

oh day of days~.. a contest that ol vanny and his little toaster can enter that does not require artistic talent or otherwise  skills not relating to  cutting grineer in half and frying corpus  in their flight suits, ive 1 in a million chance of winning anything more then a "thank you come again" note... but  blast it all I got to enter one Q.Q

On 02/12/2016 at 4:22 AM, Yetman said:

I could understand the territorial limitations in terms of physical goods beeing the prizes, but Prime Access, a digital addon that can be just asigned to any account independently from location?

Much logic.

On 02/12/2016 at 4:23 AM, Artorius-Alter said:

[...] Also, just to add, there's really no reason, no justification for it to count for Prime Access also, it's most likely no different from winning a plat prize on Twitch [...]

Spot on. Seems like it's laziness. Reason I think that is Bethesda has run two competitions for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO] that have only allowed 11 countries to enter (LOL). Stupidly, even the digital rewards were locked to these 11 countries. Yet, the American website MMORPG.com ran an ESO competition that was WORLDWIDE (I entered) to win crowns (same as plat, basically) and you know what, I was one of the winners. No legal wrangles, no problems, no hassle. Just someone actually using their brains and finding a way to try let everyone have a go. I understand physical items being restricted, digital I don't

And before anyone tries to shoot me down or comes running  to DE's "defense", just don't. I love DE, still support them, and have given them a fair chunk of money, but I think DE is lacking the get-up-and-go to make these giveaway/contests a little more worldwide

4 hours ago, DaiKahn said:

Spot on. Seems like it's laziness. Reason I think that is Bethesda has run two competitions for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO] that have only allowed 11 countries to enter (LOL). Stupidly, even the digital rewards were locked to these 11 countries. Yet, the American website MMORPG.com ran an ESO competition that was WORLDWIDE (I entered) to win crowns (same as plat, basically) and you know what, I was one of the winners. No legal wrangles, no problems, no hassle. Just someone actually using their brains and finding a way to try let everyone have a go. I understand physical items being restricted, digital I don't

And before anyone tries to shoot me down or comes running  to DE's "defense", just don't. I love DE, still support them, and have given them a fair chunk of money, but I think DE is lacking the get-up-and-go to make these giveaway/contests a little more worldwide

Quite literally, the only justification I've seen that makes sense to me, and even then I disagree with it, is that the PA Packs are also restricted because they are in the same contest as the physical prizes, possibly as consolation prizes at the advice of MS or Sony.

Again, that's the only justification that makes some sense to me, and even then I disagree with it.