Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not sure which primary to use...

gamer456ism

Question

13 answers to this question

Just now, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I'd normally recommend Quanta Vandal, but with those builds, I recommend soma Prime.

The build doesnt matter its just I saw those and was wondering because usually quanta v does more dps. Not looking at those builds just in general what would you think?

Well, without warframe synergy in mind, Quanta Vandal would be more effective overall. The status helps with armor, which is great for obvious reasons. Being a crit weapon, skill affects Soma Prime more than other weapons though, so if you can get those headshots, the damage will be difficult to outclass.

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Even with a Primed Bane mod, wouldn't the correct elemental combo provide better damage for the Soma? 

What do you mean? When you remove the primed bane of grineer from the soma p the dps goes to around 26k which is more then the quanta v but the quanta build I linked has corrosive so its good against grineer also.

13 minutes ago, gamer456ism said:

Splitting hairs.  The in-game mechanics of these 2 weapons is VASTLY different.

If you can't try both, watch videos of them in use and understand their differences "in action" from feedback.

Its like asking: Tonka or Synoid Simulor?  

The answer is YES.  

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Splitting hairs.  The in-game mechanics of these 2 weapons is VASTLY different.

If you can't try both, watch videos of them in use and understand their differences "in action" from feedback.

Its like asking: Tonka or Synoid Simulor?  

The answer is YES.  

I have both and use neither, btw.  My current love is the Zhuge.

3 minutes ago, gamer456ism said:

What do you mean? When you remove the primed bane of grineer from the soma p the dps goes to around 26k which is more then the quanta v but the quanta build I linked has corrosive so its good against grineer also.

That's because the Bane mod boosts all damage by 55% which is great, but that dps is only on paper. Enemies have resistances and weaknesses, most grineer take only 25% more damage from cold, but 75% more from corrosive. This translates a lot better in the crit damage if I recall correctly. 

I personally would take out Heavy Caliber and Primed Cryo Rounds and I would add 2X90% elementals. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, aligatorno said:

That's because the Bane mod boosts all damage by 55% which is great, but that dps is only on paper. Enemies have resistances and weaknesses, most grineer take only 25% more damage from cold, but 75% more from corrosive. 

I just don't use the Banes at all. Usually leaves an extra slot for something useful against everybody, not just a specific enemy. Seems like another solution to me.

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

Get a decent Riven mod and go for quanta vandal. It is a much more fun weapon to use. 

Go for Soma if you don't have a riven mod and you are too "meta" for this S#&$.

Doesn't even need a riven mod with a good build OR to be fun! Those explosive squares make everything nice and dead. XD

29 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

That's because the Bane mod boosts all damage by 55% which is great, but that dps is only on paper. Enemies have resistances and weaknesses, most grineer take only 25% more damage from cold, but 75% more from corrosive. This translates a lot better in the crit damage if I recall correctly. 

I personally would take out Heavy Caliber and Primed Cryo Rounds and I would add 2X90% elementals. 

What about the quanta build. It is pretty much the best I can come up with. Heavy Caliber is good with the quanta I think though because that has 100% accuracy with the primary fire no matter what so its basically just another serration though it does affect the alt fire