The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relentless Combination

Pr1destalker

10 hours ago, (PS4)odysseas1313 said:

Well I played the game since Ember Prime first released on consoles and it was the same mess back then. Endless missions where: Loki disarm,rhino stomp,negative duration Saryn spamming 4, nyx doing what nyx does. If you wanted to go even further it was mag spam shield polarize and an EV to give her energy. So to be honest nothing really changed in this perspective. From the day you got mag,rhino and banshee in the game the game was an AOE spam. However, if you want to play this game as a tactical shooter instead of AOE spam no-one is stopping you. Do you really believe that even if they nerf every single AOE weapon/ability in the game that the game will improve? That nulifiers will suddenly disappear? That enemy scaling will be fixed. Trust me it won't. Its DE's way of doing things. They want these things in there to always force you to become stronger and want the new stuff that they release. So instead of trying to fight the flow embrace it ;).

You will be much less stressed. Oh and if you want to play this game as a tactical shooter I strongly suggest using chroma. He rejuvenated my love for warframe. If build right he can do x7 damage and have x12 armor. He can make ANY weapon viable, yes I can even bring a lato in a high level mission and still do some damage. From the moment I maxed this dude I have tried more weapons than I ever think I would (4 forma panthera,5 forma lato etc.)

You would have had to play during Damage 1.0 to see the dramatic change. This game was already a horde shooter when Damage 2.0 came out.

I'm talking about the gun play in a 3rd person shooter and you're talking about all the over used Draco style tactics that have played a part in making it worse. There's a reason I'm an endurance runner. Go watch any record run and you will see players shooting 90% of the time.

I never use ability damage unless it scales with mods or weapons. In trying to combat the community's cheese tactics they've created things like Nullifiers which only work to hinder the gun play of this game and no I don't think any of these obnoxious enemy types will go anywhere and the game is worse off for it. All because players over used  a particular damage source that was left unchecked.

Enemy Damage scaling has never been fixed so players rely on CC and DE adds enemies to counter that CC. Leaving the primary problem.

Player AoE spam results in over use of a particular strategy to level weapons and DE adds enemies to counter ability Damage. Instead of making lower level farms less rewarding by changing affinity scaling.

It's a continuing circle of fixing the result of a problem instead of the problem itself. It's quite apparent that an over powered and therefor overused method will result in making this game worse for everyone.

-I have a Chroma guide on the wiki. I know Chroma.

On 02/12/2016 at 2:23 PM, Xzorn said:

I'm surprised Telos still hasn't been nerfed.

Not because it's good by any means but because using a macro slide attack seems in the grey area of ban-able offenses.

A fire macro is simply pressing a button to substitute a feature that should be in the game already and to overcome disabilities such as arthritis and carpel tunnel however a slide macro is controlling your character's movements and exploiting a very specific movement based attack.

Not to mention it creates a needlessly busy screen making it's user very obnoxious and Mirage was nerfed for far less.

It simple really... the orthos P and attrax exist and they do a much better job then it with the same build. The only reason why it considered op is because it range (energy waves) are visible. I'll bet you anything if the waves were invisible no one would complain.

12 minutes ago, --Q--DeineMudda said:

Youre playing it wrong then.

Ouch doublepost. Sry xD

Mirage? What genius.

The weapon itself falls off against armor. It's actually kinda bad since enemies start to survive a pulse or two they stagger away from the Vortex and you have to start a new one further dumping on your damage. This will even happen with CPx4 if you go long enough. Mirage is strong with numerous weapons and it has nothing to do with the weapon itself.

I would actually counter that in my experience majority of the community is using the weapon wrong. Majority don't detonate their Vortexes or use a fire macro to achieve full RoF with the weapon, many don't even use a RoF mod on it and considering it's quite a loud and obnoxious weapon I can very easily tell when a player is using these.

I know SImulor quite well and I actually use it on Mirage the least.

1 hour ago, Fast_98 said:

It simple really... the orthos P and attrax exist and they do a much better job then it with the same build. The only reason why it considered op is because it range (energy waves) are visible. I'll bet you anything if the waves were invisible no one would complain.

That's the thing when dealing with "OP" in this game. It's mostly a matter of perspective on what level ranges you play against. This is why DE uses popularity over the actual stats of weapons. If the max level people played was lvl 50 then Ignis would be the most OP weapon in the game.

Telos Boltace's AoE doesn't make use of the combo multiplier or any mods that function off it such as Blood Rush. It also only gets stealth multipliers for the first attack made. These all have a HUGE impact on the damage output of a melee weapons. Meaning that Telos Boltace will fall off in effectiveness rather quickly as enemy HP scales. Being mostly Puncture damage means the actual melee portion of the weapon falls short compared to Slash based weapons when dealing with Armor and even some against Flesh.

It's not a bad weapon by any means but the concept that it's OP is a matter of perspective since I can choose much better melee options for higher level content. From my perspective my Banshee's 25k Bleed Ticks and 8 million Galantine swings are OP.

Scaling content is mostly what holds this game together in terms of balance these days and it's a shame it's been mostly neglected this whole time.

One thing that is interesting is that a lot os people discovered the spin melee like crazy tactics after Telos Boltace. Blood Rush and Body Count allowed high crit chance and range weapons to spin like crazy to hit multiple enemies and keep a really high multipler and crit chance. Maiming strike even allow non crit weapons to do that.

Since Telos Boltace doesnt benefit from the combo multiplier, this weapon is really nice but it is not the strongest weapon that can spin to win.

If you pick a frame that can open finishers ( lets say excal), an atterax modded for gas and naramon you will be invisible for days and dealing nasty damage. I wont even include banshee because you can open finishers and stack sonar...

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

On 12/2/2016 at 5:23 PM, Xzorn said:

I'm surprised Telos still hasn't been nerfed.

Not because it's good by any means but because using a macro slide attack seems in the grey area of ban-able offenses.

A fire macro is simply pressing a button to substitute a feature that should be in the game already and to overcome disabilities such as arthritis and carpel tunnel however a slide macro is controlling your character's movements and exploiting a very specific movement based attack.

Not to mention it creates a needlessly busy screen making it's user very obnoxious and Mirage was nerfed for far less.

This seems like a very odd line of thinking to me. Slamming control E at the exact same time over and over and over for hours at a time is absolutely terrible for your hand. If anything DE should have made a bind for slide attacks specifically to avoid the issue, not be pursuing people who use macros to combine two key presses. The general rule across most games is 1 key press = 1 action, I would argue that a slide attack macro falls safely within that rule.

I know that this doesn't really add much to the actual combo and use of Telos Boltace with or without Relentless Combination BUT...

I see Very Often people post comments that it seems to them that using TB automatically means the Player clearly had to be using a Macro as if that is the only way to play using that thing to get related slide attack waves for any amount of time. 

I can't speak for anyone else but for ME I can spam the ever-loving jeebus out of Slide Attacks all day every day No Macro required.

At this point I am pretty much a compulsive Slide Attack rolf-copter-er even though coptering isn't really a thing.

It actually makes playing Excal in EB kind of awkward because I'd end up spamming Slide Blinds and either driving everyone else mad and/or wasting huge amounts of energy.

Causes me a lot of problems (read "awkward play-style") in Sorties when they're (x-weapon-that-is-not-melee) only.

So anyhow, maybe everyone else in the game that is not me has macro-ed the sh!+ out of that but I can say with absolute certainty that for me this is 100% Not the Case and I can still Slide Attack so much that I have had a person or two ask me in mission if I was using a macro.

And the answer is: Nope, just me baby, just me.

3 hours ago, Racter said:

This seems like a very odd line of thinking to me. Slamming control E at the exact same time over and over and over for hours at a time is absolutely terrible for your hand. If anything DE should have made a bind for slide attacks specifically to avoid the issue, not be pursuing people who use macros to combine two key presses. The general rule across most games is 1 key press = 1 action, I would argue that a slide attack macro falls safely within that rule.

You're under the impression that you should be able to slide spam.

Slide is a maneuver, not a key press, I's 3 keys to perform and was previous tied to Stamina.

It's exploiting a specific situation to gain an advantage, it adds needless clutter to other player's screens and it's being over used.

Three things that have previously been used as nerf tools. Good luck.

21 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

You're under the impression that you should be able to slide spam.

Slide is a maneuver, not a key press, I's 3 keys to perform and was previous tied to Stamina.

It's exploiting a specific situation to gain an advantage, it adds needless clutter to other player's screens and it's being over used.

Three things that have previously been used as nerf tools. Good luck.

You could slide attack even after your stamina ran out. I'm not referring to the boltace in particular, I don't especially care about them, just melee in general. Unlike macro'ing your shots, slide macros don't give you a performance advantage over not doing it, just an ergonomic one.

Edited by Racter