Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow swapping of weapon sounds?

Azamagon

What do I mean by swapping weapon sounds?

Well, for example: I love the sound of the regular Sybaris, but (unfortunately) can't stand the sound of the Dex Sybaris. So, why not let us use which sound we prefer in a weapongroup? Thus, allowing us to use the sound of (for example) the regular Sybaris on the Dex Sybaris (or vice versa, if you wish). Or another understandable example: Regular Paris' sound on the Paris Prime. Et cetera.
I'd love this, even if it required plat (making it similar to buying skins)

If DE wishes, they could also release sound packs for weapongroups, similar to how they sell regular skins for certain weapons. I bet there's a ton of plat to make on that :)

Hi Azamagon,

Currently there are no plans to do this in the game because it would require a lot of work to test each combination of sound with each weapon.  And, because of each weapon's unique fire-rate and reloads, not many sounds would work properly on different weapons.  Perhaps this is something we roll out in the future, though.

2 hours ago, [DE]George said:

Hi Azamagon,

Currently there are no plans to do this in the game because it would require a lot of work to test each combination of sound with each weapon.  And, because of each weapon's unique fire-rate and reloads, not many sounds would work properly on different weapons.  Perhaps this is something we roll out in the future, though.

Thank you very much for replying! That last part (probably a bit foolishly, hehe) gets my hopes up a lot! :D

Just to make sure I wasn't misunderstood though; With this suggestions I did NOT mean for say, a Braton to be able to sound like a Grakata, Ignis or Gorgon. I meant more like this:

Braton (of any type) can pick the sound of any Braton-sound only (so, basic sound, Prime sound or Vandal sound, depending on which ones you have of these)
Sybaris (of any type) can pick the sound of any Sybaris-sound only (so, basic sound or Dex sound, depending on which ones you have of those)
Et cetera.

That's what I meant by sounds within the same "weapon family", as that would mean that the sounds you can pick from are from pretty much identical weapons, thus far less likely to sound bad. Hope that clears that up :)

Once again, thank you so much for replying! ^_^