Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra before sentient arm cannon, DE's general mismanagement of time/resources

(XBOX)ashes of suvius

2 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Rathuum is nearly identical to Team Annihilation in gameplay, with the only difference being that Rathuum counts the score in kills whereas Team Annihilation counts the score in Oro. There, you've already got your Rathuum gameplay mode that awards Conclave standing.

The Conclave weapon adjustment is just number crunching to find a suitable balance between damage and ease of use. Implementing damage balancing for the Conclave is simply changing numbers around which doesn't take any effort, the only real effort is trying to come up with the said numbers.

I meant a PvE mode like rathum and index where you could farm conclave rep at a slower rate than the PvP mode

49 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

DE seems to be working on a lot of things, but we'll never know what goes on in their studios without them directly telling us.

However, in software design, one can't simply reallocate members to work on a project once it has already begun. It has been proven that the introduction of new members into an already in progress project usually leads to a delay in its finish due to conflicts that arise between the original workers and the new ones such as a lack of understanding in design methods. Solar Rails, Dojo stuff, enemy AI, etc. are all separate things with almost nothing overlapping, so trying to throw more people at it as an attempt to get it all finished can end up being counterproductive. But at least we know that DE is working on some of these issues: enemies can now detect dead bodies, so that's a small improvement to enemy AI, which shows the DE is in fact working on it.

As for skins, if I had to guess, they've placed more priority on deluxe skins than immortal skins, since those are more likely to be purchased. Additionally, Tennogen skins cover the niche the immortal skins provided: keeping the same base model while altering patterns and textures. DE probably has no incentive to make immortal skins when other players can make better ones.

to most of your points, fair enough. Still doesnt explain why things that community wants, got told yes to and got told it wouldnt be difficult to do, are still left by the wayside. You dont need to mesh into a preexisting project team to make energy color affect the dojo energy more fully (unless a team was actively working on dojo which they just now are but haven't been til recently and even then, this is a small fix thing), you dont have conflict between new n old team members for someone to alter enough ui to separately color attachments. Even with UI getting changed for new systems this is something that could have been done latterally.

not to mention that I really think that when they say half of these things are getting worked on, its one member of the team tinkering with it between what deadline material they have to work on. Thats my opinion, not fact, but if I'm right, that means that half of these projects dont truely have a team or anyone devoted to them.

But as far as tennogen frame skins, 2 out of 3 platforms only have 1 skin for zephyr, thats it. The immortal line of skins shouldn't be thrown to the curb, just because the deluxes cost 4x as much. Just like deluxe skins shouldn't be left by the curb the next time DE finds something else more profitable or because tennogen can do model changes. Meanwhile, 2 years worth of frames dont have a skin and only half are available to tennogen creators to work on.

Edit: I just really wish they'd allocate a small team (even if its just one or two people) to taking care of community requests n tying up things that the main team(s) have moved on from and most likely wont make it back to for a year. Especially because as they add more subsystems, game modes etc etc, The core team(s) will take longer n longer to get back to each one, as has been happening.

on another note, some of the more forgotten side content i.e. the synthesis lore entries, could really help us have something to do while waiting for cinematic quests. One writer writing up one of these every two weeks or so between other work and one guy putting it in game, attaching it to a target for simaris n the system could still be steadily rolling, without detracting from other projects

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius

On 12/4/2016 at 5:45 PM, Arcadiace said:

I was going to bullet point each rebuttal I had, but this made it easier to reply:

They do talk to us, we each just have differing opinions. Not everyone is on the forums at all times, so no fix can be done "right off the bat" because not every voice is heard right away.

They do look at statistics, and they share it with us all the time. (I would implore you to actually review them)

Common sense tells me we (and others) have differing opinions.

I almost want to state this also is more of a rant post than actual "feedback".

Around here, anything that some people don't want to hear is generally considered a rant, something to be silenced or shut down.

I think there is equal room for criticism and abjection.

I, too, am amazed at what I see as frequent, wild misuses of time, money, and energy.