Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

inaros 4th ability, and what could be done to it

fr4gb4ll

i really love playing inaros for several reasons, but there is one thing that is bugging me: his 4th ability, specific the part where it should heal your team members in range... sure, it can work just fine, IF the rest of the team nows how they should "use" it too - and thats the seldom the case. most of the times when i release a part of my scarab-armor to heal someone, they just destroy the victim so fast, they're not getting much out of it - the reason? they don't know how it works, for one. or much more often, they just can't see it in the heat of the battle - even if cast a waypoint on the target victim, most of the times someone killed it b4 i even hit my wp-key.

so i think, why can't this part of the ability not similar in function like trinity her ev? when i put my bugs on the target, it "radiates" health like it does now, and still getting damage from that - but when it gets killed before the end of the duration, the rest health-gain will get bursted out of it. before some now say, that would make it too overpowered, consider that inaros can do it 4 times with a fully loaded armor and then needs to load it again (if he does not inbetween every time he uses it) - so, it really is no competitor for trinity and her blessing or 1st ability.

any thoughts about this?

8 minutes ago, Esorono said:

Add range to your build if you are going to heal people with that ability.

sure, but the problem still is there - it's not like the weapons your mates use only shoot 20 meters, right? and if someone use an ignis two rooms away, the target still is bbq - and don't let me start with frame abilities from ember, banshee or saryn. point is, only when you organize a team or even better, go in with friends and clan mates there is some kind of understanding of synergy in frames, weapons and abilities used. but let face it: the default way to play this game is in random matchmaking and therefore without any planning beforehand.

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

Maybe have the scarabs linger a bit where their host died, like Swarm-Mutalist MOA's clouds, and heal allies that passes through them for however much HP the scarabs drained on the target before it died?

yes, a good idea, that would be more unique and less a copy of trins ev.

About getting healed by Inaros, I think his Devour is a big waste of energy because teammates will just kill the target before realizing they can go press X on it (how can they know if they're not right on top of it?). It uses the same animation as Scarab Swarm, so there's another layer of added confusion. I want to setup healing stations with Devour but it's at best a hard single target CC with long duration at the moment.

IMO, for visuals Devour victims should sink deeper into the ground, like Hydroid's Undertow, with a heal station waypoint displayed on it (like Mantis' Landing Craft Air Support Med Tower). Mechanic-wise, a target being dragged toward Inaros should be invulnerable until Inaros decides to stop eating it (many times my own Companion kills my food); when Inaros or his allies are devouring a victim, they also heal nearby allies inside a newly added radius too. If Inaros is inside this aura when the victim dies, it becomes a Sand Shadow no matter who was eating it.

Let us have a great feast together!

6 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Maybe have the scarabs linger a bit where their host died, like Swarm-Mutalist MOA's clouds, and heal allies that passes through them for however much HP the scarabs drained on the target before it died?

Or have the victim be stuck there like a statue as they slowly dissolve getting swarmed (eaten) by the scarabs. The target pulsed like Trinity's Energy Vampire except it's a heal and teammates who go into the this cloud of scarabs eating a poor enemy gets healed even faster (and maybe even status removal).

at the moment inaros abilitys are only single play frame(that what i feel). there is no good combi with other frames trinity heal better nova slow and push dmg,vaubans cc is much better as inaros and for a single target inaros second skill will only usefull if he can use it on boss(but that dont do it)so i think inaro is a nice frame but not a party frame

Edited by Wardraguun

Some things in Warframe usually require communication and Inoras as a healer is one of them. Not only does it require the targets to be kept around but in the case of Scarab Swarm the players also need to stay in range. Another way he can heal his team mates as mentioned is by casting devour but I doubt many players realize they can eat them too.

As a result I mostly just consider him a self healer and instead support the team with CC and damage (Since he's also great as a tanky melee).

I agree. Sometimes its very hard to look at the small things when you're snapping someone's neck (Especially if your fighting the laser light show pricks (The Corpus). A light effect like Trinity's EV would be a nice QoL change.

On 12.12.2016 at 4:14 PM, Golmihr said:

but I doubt many players realize they can eat them too.

indeed - i never ever saw anyone else devour a target on mine or other inaros player.

the only "team" role i do as inaros is that of a mighty near unkillable tank that can revive others even in the badest S#&$storm and mow down hordes of enemies without a trin support. well, the cc, ok and great for healing myself too when going melee.

On 12/6/2016 at 0:25 AM, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I just use it for bonus armor......

With the likes of maxed steel fiber, armored agility, etc even that isn't too helpful. It amounts to about 6% extra damage reduction as I recall. The armor buff is great for newer players for sure, but it'd have better longevity across gameplay time and enemy level if the armor bonus were recalculated with total armor rather than base armor in mind. Obvious the armor bonus it gives shouldn't be +100% then.

• 3 months later...

Besides

On 12/14/2016 at 10:00 AM, fr4gb4ll said:

indeed - i never ever saw anyone else devour a target on mine or other inaros player.

the only "team" role i do as inaros is that of a mighty near unkillable tank that can revive others even in the badest S#&$storm and mow down hordes of enemies without a trin support. well, the cc, ok and great for healing myself too when going melee.

Of course he can survive even in the worst sht storm, his 3rd ability is summoning a Darude Sandstorm