Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beat it. Posting to help others [Jupiter Junction Valkyr Specter]

Phookamom

Question

I paused in typing to re-run the mission to verify numbers and managed to beat it. I decided to post anyway in case this helps any other new players, especially for anyone who doesn't have Excalibur (since all the "help" I found while searching just said "Use Excalibur.").

I finally managed to kill the Valkyr Specter, but it took running away a lot, continuous Magnetize, running out of ammo on my Furis, 2/3 of the arrows from my Paris, and the death of my Kubrow.

I still never got a read on what her actual health was.

Here's what I was originally posting:

[FYI I'm a beginner (Mastery Rank 4), I only have ONE Warframe, a 30 Mag.

I can't make a dent in the Valkyr Specter on Jupiter Junction, she's freaking immortal.

My loadout is a 29 MK-1 Paris, or a 4 Boltor, sidearm is a 22 Furis. My hubs gave me a Prisma Skana with the Purity Mod, and I've got lots of decent Mods on everything (nothing high end, but still decent). I've also got a Max Rank Chesa Kubrow that does 760 slash damage.

Magnetize is the only way I can hit her with projectiles, she blocks everything else, yet it doesn't seem to matter. Pull doesn't knock her down, she recovers instantly. It's worse with Crush, she actually recovers before I even finish casting it. Crush should be hitting for 3,000, only does 28. The Paris should be hitting for 500+, only does 24. Once I finally had her down to 10% health, she killed me in one hit (she wasn't even invulnerable, just with a weapon she killed me in on hit). She goes from shooting to blocking before I can even react.

She either has a million health or a million armor, I can't figure out which, all I do know is I can't kill her.]

8 answers to this question

Polarize will permanently lower enemies armor. A few polarizes and Valkyr's armor would have been gone, allowing magnetize and bullets to make short work of her. 

Tip for the future, if the enemy's healthbar is yellow, they are armored and reduce damage taken, this is where polarize will really help you.

If it's red then they just have HP.

Blue ofc is shields, and polarize removes some of shields too.

Edited by Gelkor

6 minutes ago, Phookamom said:

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind for the future. The first few times I tried Polarize it seemed to be as ineffective as Pull and Crush, I'd thought Polarize only worked on shields, not armor.

You're not going to see it damage their HP but it reduces 400 armor per cast before strength mods, you'd be surprised how quickly you can completely remove an enemies armor and their damage reduction. Their health bar will turn from yellow to red. It also creates shards broken off of their armor (you'll see little glowing shards on the ground) that deal damage to them when you Magnetize them. 

I'd almost recommend you go back to the junction and try it again (specters respawn after you leave/relog), this time polarizing a few times to remove armor before magnetizing to see what I'm talking about, it's an invaluable ability for fighting armored units like Bombards or Gunners. 

Edited by Gelkor

They changed how mag worked,  so now polararize works on armour. 

Personally i cant say i had trouble here but then again,  i have more frames and weapons (i think i just soma'd her to death). 

Your Braton will only carry you so far,  so you will need to start looking for a new primary soon,  but some frames trivialise some encounters nore than others.  Mag isnt really suited to valkyr as shes a bit squishy,  but then again i ran a nova against her with 4. You will find that theres alot of responses herr that are not helpful,  but then some will. 

Just because an ability says it does x damage,  when taking enemies level, armour and mods into consideration,  it wont always do that amount of damage. 

57 minutes ago, Phookamom said:

My loadout is a 29 MK-1 Paris, or a 4 Boltor, sidearm is a 22 Furis. My hubs gave me a Prisma Skana with the Purity Mod, and I've got lots of decent Mods on everything (nothing high end, but still decent). I've also got a Max Rank Chesa Kubrow that does 760 slash damage.

In the future, try and max out your weapons if stuff is giving you trouble. I'm not sure what kind of mods you have, but the difference between a level 4 Boltor and a level 30 Boltor is pretty big

And the MK-1 Paris is a training bow that's statistically inferior to the Paris Regular. After you get the MK-1 to 30, sell it and build the regular one; you have a Boltor, you can survive 12 hours

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

In the future, try and max out your weapons if stuff is giving you trouble. I'm not sure what kind of mods you have, but the difference between a level 4 Boltor and a level 30 Boltor is pretty big

And the MK-1 Paris is a training bow that's statistically inferior to the Paris Regular. After you get the MK-1 to 30, sell it and build the regular one; you have a Boltor, you can survive 12 hours

Yeah, I've been waiting on getting a lot of stuff because of needing to unlock areas, like I was doing with this junction. Can't built the regular Paris without Nano Spores, couldn't get Nano Spores till after this junction. I'm still working on leveling my Boltor/all my other weapons too. I've only been playing for 4 days ?

I'm a newbie as well 4th day into the game and I had the same difficulty as you my build was Boltor, Kraken, and Fragor on my first try, which was highly ineffective. So I decided to replace my Fragor (rank 21) with my Dual Skana (Max Rank), it appears that she doesn't recover too quickly if you have high attack melee speed.. took me around 4-5min of dicing her up :P  

*note

Becareful when she reaches half hp, her mode changes to the claw blades so you might want to run away first before continuing the process again.
I also killed her off in 2 tries, so for a newbie I think this is effective. ^_^

Oh and btw I took no damage at all from slicing her up continuously. Except when she morphed into the claw blades... 

Edited by MHistoire