Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with modding Dread - Riven mod stats

Col_Helghan

Question

Fellow Tenno, I need help from more experienced players.

I bought a Riven mod for Dread and needless to say I will have to reroll it, no biggie. I will write my mods and what the problem is.

My Dread build is as follows:

-Serration

-Split Chamber

-Point Strike

-Vital Sense

-Bladed Rounds

-Vile Acceleration

-Fanged Fusillade

-Riven Mod. At the moment stats are + 106.5 % Critical Damage, + 98 % Puncture (should I reroll?)

With that being said, what stats should I be aiming for on my Riven mod ? What would suit best for my build ? More crit chance ? Crit multiplier ? More damage ?

Should I be content with stats like "+flight speed " and such or should I aim for those few I mentioned above ?

8 answers to this question

+crit damage is a really good result. Dread is a crit weapon, so anything that improves crits is vastly better than anything else you could get. The +puncture is less useful, but honestly, it's better than +flight speed or whatever.

I mean, right now, you've got a really nice Riven mod. You could reroll and hope to get a great Riven mod, but you might also end up with a series of crappy Riven mods until the rerolls get too expensive. Depends on how lucky you feel.

I haven't done any math on this, but I would expect an elemental combo like corrosive or radiation damage to perform better overall than bladed rounds and fanged fusillade.
I wouldn't use bladed rounds, because I usually use bows when soloing and trying to get the stealth bonus, which means going slower than usual, so overall it just doesn't fit my playstyle with bows. Slash damage is pretty great when you either manage to avoid armor or when you combine it with a lot of status chance. Most of the time however radiation and corrosive damage are going to be better, because they perform a lot better against armored enemies.

It's actually not that easy to get a good riven mod for a weapon with a faint disposition. Now I would expect that when a riven mod has a bad stat, that it has it to compensate for a strong stat. So you probably want a downside on your riven with an effect that you don't really care about, like reduced puncture or impact damage. This way the positive effect that you do care about can actually be relevant.

Another thing to keep in mind when modding is that you do want to take advantage of the strong stats, but you also don't want to use too many mods for the same stat. With your current setup you are investing 3 mods into increasing you crit damage. While you certainly want to increase your crit damage, I wouldn't use more than 2 mod slots on it.
When you add your first 90% mod, you increase your damage from 100% to 190%. The second mod would increase your damage from 190% to 280%, so it's less relevant overall. The same thing happens when you stack crit damage.

Good stats to look for a probably base damage, multishot, crit chance, crit damage, slash damage, elemental damage. I would be happy with any of those and then you can adjust your build depending on what you get.

Final thing I would like to mention is that you can actually get a pretty decent status chance, which is great when you combine it with the high slash damage. My build uses 2 dual stat mods with elemental damage and status chance + fanged fusillade. This build isn't as good for stealth runs and a pure crit + damage build can kill enemies with 1 shot that have a few levels more, but when your overall damage starts falling off the slash procs still deal the full amount.
This means, that you might be able to get something good out of your riven mod to make a crit + status build. Multishot would help make it a lot more consistent and then you want slash + status.

If you want to use a pure physical build for Dread, You'll want +% status, +% multishot, +% crit damage on your Riven.

Fanged also doesn't do much when dealing with armor. I prefer Hammer Shot. Yes. Hammer Shot of all things. Dread as pure physical still has fairly low status and Hammer Shot + Riven are the only ways to get more status without adding Elemental and ideally a pure physical build works best against armor. Of course Madurai IPS passives work very well by increasing your total damage output by +80%, you kinda need the passives to make pure physical on primaries worth using.

Ideally with a Riven + Hammer Shot you'll have about 50% status per arrow or nearly 90% per shot.

I'd go for +Slash +Damage +Critdamage +Multishot +Punchthrough. Most Importantly i think is +Critdamage and +Multishot.

In contrast of what others are saying i don't use Status on mine and i've never had any Problems as anything i shoot is dead withing 1 Shot.. lol.

Anyways, you could keep your current one aswell. It's up to you to decide if it's worth farming the Kuva to reroll it a LOT of times until you get the perfect Roll on it.

Pure Physical status is for high level armor. It's not exactly optimal but it's quite effective.

You really have to use Madurai IPS passives with it too otherwise a 60/60x2 Viral build will perform better. The additional +100-120% status you can get from a Riven is what really pulls it together otherwise you end up with 50% delayed one shot and 50% nothing, which is really annoying to use.

Still though, most of the time it's best to just use front-end damage on a bow since they're a damage per shot weapon and it takes a pretty high eHP pool for status to do any noticeably work.

Edited by Xzorn

5 hours ago, Extroah said:

I'd go for +Slash +Damage +Critdamage +Multishot +Punchthrough. Most Importantly i think is +Critdamage and +Multishot.

In contrast of what others are saying i don't use Status on mine and i've never had any Problems as anything i shoot is dead withing 1 Shot.. lol.

Anyways, you could keep your current one aswell. It's up to you to decide if it's worth farming the Kuva to reroll it a LOT of times until you get the perfect Roll on it.

If everything dies with 1 shot, the enemy level simply isn't high enough. And I'm not trying to say, that you have to do endless runs or take your dread into sorties. You simply can't avoid getting to that point if you take a weapon to higher and higher levels. The point of coming up with a good build and then also to make sure you have a good riven mod is to try to push the level where the weapon is still effective higher.

Big thanks to everyone, you all gave solid advices.

Yes, I am going for pure physical damage, for high lvl single targets. In combination with my kavat who strips armor entirely, which is needed around high lvl (150+), Dread still one shots everything, but I just want to take it to a whole new level. Call me crazy. I rarely play in organized groups, of which is even rarer if I do, they rarely have 4 CP so armor is still a problem.

From what I gather from your answers guys, consensus is, Dread one shots mostly anything to a certain point. Then, high slash procs ( status ) come in. 

Don´t get me wrong, I don´t want a weapon that one shots stuff even beyond lvl 100. I just love Dread, been using it since day one, just want to maximize its potential :satisfied:

Tl;dr  Rerolling Riven mod until I get the perfect combo of most needed stats or some separately which are +status, +multishot, +critdamage.

P.S. For those of you who did reroll their Riven mods, how many times did you have to reroll aprox to get the desirable stats or the perfect Riven mod ?

Thanks again guys for your help. :laugh:

1 hour ago, gluih said:

If everything dies with 1 shot, the enemy level simply isn't high enough. And I'm not trying to say, that you have to do endless runs or take your dread into sorties. You simply can't avoid getting to that point if you take a weapon to higher and higher levels. The point of coming up with a good build and then also to make sure you have a good riven mod is to try to push the level where the weapon is still effective higher.

I agree, but i just used Dread in the Sorties today and it was fine. It only failed to 1shot the robotic Units for obvious reasons, but it's doing fine. I think with a Riven Mod it would be even more awesome, personally.