Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis prime status vs critical build

Loviam

Question

So i want to start using my vectis prime again. Dont ask me why i have as much clue as the next guy. Anyway onto the main agenda  status vs crit. We all know status is king at higher levels but everyone pushes this baby to max critical these days and I want to know opinions please help?

7 answers to this question

As an avid sniper user, DO NOT PUT STATUS ON A SNIPER!

Status is better suited for AOE or weapons with high fire rate, as it allows you to spread the status. Snipers will, and always will be most effective with Crit (this also includes the Daikyu which people say is trash yet pumps out something like 5-7k damage an arrow)

I'd say crit, simply because of the relatively low fire rate of the VectisP, so you wont be able to get all that many procs off in the time most fights last, status is much better on weapons that fire fast, because you can proc a lot of status's in a short amount of time, letting you strip armor, or whatever status you want to proc, but crit is much better for the VectisP simply because of the fire rate, you cant hit that often, so you need to hit hard. Hope that helps :D

2 minutes ago, Loviam said:

Thanks. so basically like every other semi-auto in warframe it becomes useless after say lol 80-100?

To be honest snipers as a whole are pretty useless in warframe because the maps aren't designed with snipers in mind...you try and find a sniper point in a defence mission for example, if there's anything close to one they get removed because they can also be a point where a player can stay safe and fire off their 4.... then theres the fact you can't lay down like a sniper either so you're still a massive target that's easy to spot. 

Status serves 2 purposes: Armor shred and debuff.

For armor shred, you need a few dozen Corrosive procs to remove 100% armor. This doesn't work with low RoF weapons.

For debuff, Radiation and Viral don't care about your damage, and are a reasonable option, but I wouldn't lose damage to mod for them.
Slash and Gas do care about your damage, so modding for them reduces the damage they'll do.

Crit. Crit/status Hybrid, if you really want.