Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the Lotus and her short-term Memory loss

Xekrin

Sometimes I just find it odd and perhaps a bit irritating that the Lotus always says the same thing at the start of each mission.  "They shut off lifesupport, I suspected they might try this."  Uh yeah Lotus, just like they did the last 300 times I went into this exact survival mission.  Did you forget that already?

Or whenever we [TWW spoilers]

Spoiler

farm for Kuva. "Hey Tenno that was pretty darned effective, how'd you know how to do that!  Do it again!" (or whatever she says) as if each time is the first time we do it.

And of course, spy vaults.  Every spy vault, "Your approaching the yada yada..."

I know realistically Rebecca has other things to do and can't be recording new voice overs for every mission but sometimes I'd like to hear a message that bolsters the fact that we've done this before.

"This is your thousandth vault Tenno, so you know all about not setting off alarms, I'll leave you to your work!" (said once, not every at every vault)

It isn't really about hearing the same VO over and over, I don't mind that so much.  It's the dialogue itself, in most of which she acts as if this is our first time doing something instead of acknowledging our experience in missions.

She does this in assassination missions occasionally with "There is the assassination target, you know what to do."

A bit complainy I know but its been bothering me for a while.

As far as the assassination missions go I don't mind the first time speeches since, at least to my understanding, from a story standpoint they only die once.  Even if for "game reasons" we have to kill them multiple times to get everything we needed from them.

4 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

The enemies are dropping Reactant. You need more Reactant. Don't forget the Reactant! REACTANT!

"Do you have a matching relic?"

It's not like I can do anything about it if I don't, this seems completely pointless.

Edited by POSIX

There should be an option to shut Lotus messages off in the options, like they have with Ordis.

Though... her reminders that the LS is low in survival missions are actually really helpful if you're not paying attention to the % bar. Ideally you would have the option to be able to turn off everything but those as well.

Edited by Jackviator

There is an option in the Audio Options menu to "Enable Tutorial Transmissions".  This will stop some of the most common Lotus transmissions from playing back in missions.  However, some of the ones you guys have listed aren't included in that list, but we will be adding them to it for an upcoming hotfix.

10 minutes ago, [DE]George said:

There is an option in the Audio Options menu to "Enable Tutorial Transmissions".

Any plans for more general based transmissions instead of introductory only transmissions for objectives?  That is mostly what I was hinting at/looking forward to in the future.  I don't mean generalized in generic responses, but ones that acknowledge we've been there and done that.

Edited by Xekrin

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Any plans for more general based transmissions instead of introductory only transmissions for objectives?  That is mostly what I was hinting at/looking forward to in the future.  I don't mean generalized in generic responses, but ones that acknowledge we've been there and done that.

This is a good idea for sure.  We will think about it, as it would require substantial effort to do for all the existing missions we currently have in the game.  

45 minutes ago, [DE]George said:

This is a good idea for sure.  We will think about it, as it would require substantial effort to do for all the existing missions we currently have in the game.  

How easy would it be to recycle the one where Lotus says something like "You know what to do, Tenno."?

15 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

How easy would it be to recycle the one where Lotus says something like "You know what to do, Tenno."?

That would still require code to check to see how many times someone has played the mission... and I imagine hearing that one over and over would also get tiring, so it would need a lot of variations written and recorded for it as well.

On 6.12.2016 at 11:25 PM, [DE]George said:

There is an option in the Audio Options menu to "Enable Tutorial Transmissions".  This will stop some of the most common Lotus transmissions from playing back in missions.  However, some of the ones you guys have listed aren't included in that list, but we will be adding them to it for an upcoming hotfix.

Tutorial Transmissions aside, this is the very reason why I muted Lotus again after few days. I was curious what TWW would add and I haven`t heared Lotus for a while. But for me she just left a impression of being....well stupid. And that is what Xexerin is trying to say I guess? 

It`s is more her input or what she will acknowledge than repeating of lines. She starts as Tutorial Mom and stays there, she can hardly give the impression of a knowledgable mentor. It is alot of "No %5§64 Lotus, collect the yellow bubbles we are here for you say?" moments. 

Yes we need more very general lines from a mentor not a Tutorial Bot. I should feel like being the stupid one here, not she. 

• 2 months later...
On 06.12.2016 at 8:40 PM, Xekrin said:

Sometimes I just find it odd and perhaps a bit irritating that the Lotus always says the same thing at the start of each mission...

And of course, spy vaults.  Every spy vault, "Your approaching the yada yada..."

you got the point - at least the vaults is always three  so entering first is ok , but hey ! do she really forgot about it when we entering second or third one!?