Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is considered "god-tier"?

Eggzodiya

Question

I see this a lot, in pretty much every game actually. But in Warframe's standards, what qualifies as a god-tier item? Let's take riven mods for example; is it merely a combination of 2+ very good stats based on the weapon? Multishot + damage on a braton, for example. And why spam the "god-tier" title? Is it just click bait? I see supposedly god-tier stuff advertised all the time. But when I look at the item, my expectations drop way low. So is it god-tier for the player selling? Or is it just to make the buyer think it actually is a mod of badass proportions?

I saw someone selling a latron riven mod with +heat, +damage, and +puncture, and called it god-tier. Wouldn't electricity damage be preferred over heat? Electricity is more usable against all factions (radiation/magnetic/corrosive hits all respective factions very hard) than heat, which is meh against corpus and corrupted. Upgrading to, say, radiation and it's good against corrupted bombards but not so good against ancients and heavy gunners. And radiation is not good against corpus period. There's also blast and gas, but, well, you get the idea. And, really, puncture? I would think god-tier would be a combination of insanely good stats for the specific weapon, like +critical chance, + critical damage, and +damage/multishot on a latron. Is there a reference manual, or something? Or is it simply considered god-tier if the seller thinks the item is very good? That being said, wouldn't "god-tier" stats be heavily subjective?

Edited by Eggzodiya
Missing info

8 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Eggzodiya said:

Well, if that's the criteria, a lot of rivens I've seen are not god-tier at all.

"God-tier" Rivens, as the scrubs describe them in the trade chat usually refer to some crit chance + crit damage mods for non-crit weapons that they sell for a lot, since the stats appear to be useful at first sight :crylaugh:

Oh, and also, it refers to Rivens for Soma and Co., which btw are not "god-tier" at all since Riven Disposition make those stats barely higher than what standard mods would have.

So there you have it, when you see the expression "god-tier" run for your life, since you don't want to have anything to do with those ignorant specimens.

Most ppl in trade refering to "god-tier" when advertising their mods simply have mods with high values that translate into damage. Most of the time however its damage types that dont help for that specific weapon (like crit stats on low crit chance weapons). One half of these ppl have no idea about the weapons and the other half hopes for a fool buying it.

There's no item in Warframe that qualifies the label God Tier.

.....There are possibly frames but I prefer to stick with numerical ratings. Saying somethings God Tier is obnoxious.

Putting RIven mod rolls into Tiers is just sales Bait. It makes no sense as different rolls are ideal for different weapons and situations you wish to use them.

Warframe is a game were if a weapon becomes god-tier, it'll sooner or later be bypassed by another "God Tier" weapon. The Zarr for example easily became my favorite weapon, due to how powerful and fun it is. I guess it really depends on each individuals definition of God Tier. But that's what I consider. Something fun and powerful.

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand on the riven side. Rivens combine high amounts of MULTIPLE mods into 1 single mod. God tier is typically combining 2-3 mods that you would normally put on the weapon anyway.

God Tiers for weapons with awful base crit chance / multipliers

+dmg, +multi, +element OR +I/P/S of the weapon if it's 80% or higher of the weapons base damage. IE: Sancti tigris does something like 90% of it's damage as slash.

God Tiers for weapons with high crit/crit dmg modifiers

+dmg/+multi% (**very few weapons actually aren't good with multishot...KNOW YOUR WEAPONS***), +crit%, +crit dmg%

It's pretty much that simple. Anyone calling a mod god tier for say amprex but it only has say +crit dmg% with like +reload speed and -status duration is ripping you off trying to get 103875081950 plat for it. What I listed above is pretty much the "god tiers" for every weapon. God tier means the best possible, anything outside of above is not the best possible.