Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips on getting over Duplex-Auto hatred?

Gabbynaru

Question

Hey guys.

So, I got a Tigris Prime, currently in the process of leveling up (sorta... Oceanum is bugged currently, so, it's on stand-by). I really love the power of this weapon. With just 3 mods on it currently, everything dies, and that is awesome. However, I cannot get past the firing mechanism. I hated it on Tigris, I hated it on Sancti Tigris, I hate it currently on Tigris Prime. It's basically the reason I don't keep any Tigrises in my inventory, cause I find them infuriating to use.

The firing mechanism works really well if you're in a rush and a sortie level bombard is in your way, sure. Just click the mouse, the two shots fire almost simultaneously, Bombard dies. Problem is, I'm not usually in a rush. Which makes the Tigris annoying to use, because I either waste a shell for no good freakin' reason, or I'm forced to slow down to a crawl cause I have to hold the trigger and look for my next target. I'm not that good a multitasker as to hold the trigger, sprint and look around. Even with the Opticor, if I fire, I slow down to a crawl to charge and look around, can't do more than that.

Therefore, I ask you, is there any build that makes the Tigris function more like a normal shotgun, not a wannabe machine gun? I know Depleted Reload doesn't work on it (wish it did), but I also hear that even with the three reload mods, the reload is still pretty bad (and I'm also not willing to sacrifice damage for 15% reload speed, or 30% in case of Tactical Pump). Is there any build or any Warframe + Tigris combination that makes using it a bit more sane?

Thank you for your time!

Edited by Gabbynaru

8 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Hey guys.

So, I got a Tigris Prime, currently in the process of leveling up (sorta... Oceanum is bugged currently, so, it's on stand-by). I really love the power of this weapon. With just 3 mods on it currently, everything dies, and that is awesome. However, I cannot get past the firing mechanism. I hated it on Tigris, I hated it on Sancti Tigris, I hate it currently on Tigris Prime. It's basically the reason I don't keep any Tigrises in my inventory, cause I find them infuriating to use.

The firing mechanism works really well if you're in a rush and a sortie level bombard is in your way, sure. Just click the mouse, the two shots fire almost simultaneously, Bombard dies. Problem is, I'm not usually in a rush. Which makes the Tigris annoying to use, because I either waste a shell for no good freakin' reason, or I'm forced to slow down to a crawl cause I have to hold the trigger and look for my next target. I'm not that good a multitasker as to hold the trigger, sprint and look around. Even with the Opticor, if I fire, I slow down to a crawl to charge and look around, can't do more than that.

Therefore, I ask you, is there any build that makes the Tigris function more like a normal shotgun, not a wannabe machine gun? I know Depleted Reload doesn't work on it (wish it did), but I also hear that even with the three reload mods, the reload is still pretty bad (and I'm also not willing to sacrifice damage for 15% reload speed, or 30% in case of Tactical Pump). Is there any build or any Warframe + Tigris combination that makes using it a bit more sane?

Thank you for your time!

dude you know after the first shot you can just press R real quick to reload while you still have the left mouse button down(Basically right after you pressed it) and It actually reloads faster when you manually reload it like this. Or you can press X and it won't fire the second shot. Everybody knows about this lol.

I remember there being a bug back when shotguns got reworked, I wasted three format and a blue yam on stock tigris due to ots although fire more being single shot...

Needless to say, it was one of them "features" as the community/DE calls em...

It got patched about 4 hours or a day later, thus my yam amd jiggies were laid to rest...

I sold the capital b- very nice feminine dog...

I prefer Vicious Spread and Seeking Fury on most my shotgun builds, esp Tigris.

Seeking Fury is a gain in damage the moment you hit an enemy you would otherwise not and Vicious Spread gives you a little more room to do so.

Other than that there's not much you can do that hasn't been mentioned. Tigris is a damage per shot weapon and not really efficient to use unless you're fighting enemies that can actually take least half the damage it pushes out.

I'm in the same boat.  In the end I just gave up and went back to my Vay Hek.  The difference in damage is negligible, and the increased mag makes up for it anyway through sustained dps.

Some people love the duplex mechanic, but forcing yourself to like it might not work.  No matter how much I tried...I missed that larger mag.  I'm not all that accurate to begin with, so having to reload after two shots really handicaps me.

It is most certainly the drawback of the gun having only 2 in the clip and working around it's firing mechanics. The gun does insane damage already, you can actually put +clip size mods in it to increase your clip to 4+ btw. But I believe you aren't alone in the firing mechanics - clip size issue. I feel like I never see this weapon really for a reason. People typically bring it out in sortie 3.