Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug on air vents in void challenge rooms

Ciaus

There is a certain void challenge parkour room that involves jumping down a large square hole with lazers, and then ascending on a pillar of glowing air particles with a giant fan underneath it. 

THE FAN DOES NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE A DAMAGE BLOCKING PASSIVE ON. 
I've had to outright quit these void missions twice, as both Nezha and Rhino, thanks to Iron Skin and Nezha's shield stopping the lift behaviour from working. As Nezha is a great frame to do void challenges with, this is particularly annoying. 

2 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

It's the same with the water falls I don't know when they added it but it's been there

That's annoying. 
These are both reasonably important features for people hunting sculptures and caches, and rhino and nezha are my go-to speed run obstacle frames. It would be fine if you could de-activate the abilities but no >.>
Lost out on an Ayatan just now and my sodium levels are high because I reported this months ago back before starting again. 

2 minutes ago, rytisrytis said:

You could simply bullet jump acros whole room even with a slowest warframe. But this seems like an unintentional bug, error in decisions.

For this particular room the only way I've found so far is to jump down the shaft then rise up. 
Also it's definitely fast and an intended way of completing the puzzle. 

But yes, it does appear to be a bug and one that has led to an unfortunate number of mission quits at that. Even if entering the vent automatically disabled abilities, like falling off a cliff does, that'd be fine. 

It's considered an environmental trap, Rhino and Nezha have abilities that provide them protection from these. Cryo-floors are included in this category too, so both of these frames are able to bolt through the Lua Speed precept challenge course without difficulty.

Any non-Zephyr warframe can fall through the laser grid on the challenge room you mentioned quickly enough to not take any great amount of damage, and you can see which parkour room you'll be heading into through the window in the chamber with the activating pressure pad so you'll know whether or not you'll need your defensive ability turned off.

I can understand why these abilities prevent you from getting blown upwards, but the only real one that makes sense for it is Rhino's Iron Skin.

10 hours ago, FLSH_BNG said:

It's considered an environmental trap, Rhino and Nezha have abilities that provide them protection from these. Cryo-floors are included in this category too, so both of these frames are able to bolt through the Lua Speed precept challenge course without difficulty.

Any non-Zephyr warframe can fall through the laser grid on the challenge room you mentioned quickly enough to not take any great amount of damage, and you can see which parkour room you'll be heading into through the window in the chamber with the activating pressure pad so you'll know whether or not you'll need your defensive ability turned off.

I can understand why these abilities prevent you from getting blown upwards, but the only real one that makes sense for it is Rhino's Iron Skin.

I'm reasonably sure these are 2 entirely separate, but very similar looking challenge rooms. One activates with ~13 seconds, in which you dash through to the door. One gives ~30 seconds, where you drop through the laser grid and ascend the space elevator. 

The space elevator one is literally impassible and a perma-trap if you blast through the lasers with Iron Skin or Nezha's shield on. 

You cannot tell me being able to get stuck at the bottom of a shaft and have to mission abort is intended. 

At the very least just have the air-lift turn these abilities off on contact or something.