Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Item Slots

Sgt_Bug

I understand the way the dev want the game to be you can play Free or Purchase items for quicker use etc but if you want to get more slots for weapons or Warframe slots you must purchase these with Platinum which costs Money.

i understand all you stupid people will just comment back saying use the 50 you get free, but how is this possible if you are new and do not understand about it and you spend them straight away on rushing items like i did.

so in all honistly your making it limited to what we can use unless you pay to play which as it is in a beta and not a finish product i do not wish to do so and i suspect many other people will agree with me.

so why not make it each extra weapon slot or warframe slot is able to be purchased with a high amount of credits because i know alot of people have easily 3 Million+ credits because of the high payout on a tower 3 key of 70k Each run.

for an example;

Weapon Slots =  250k Credits Each Per slot

Warframe slots = 500k Credits Each per slot

Wouldnt this make it more Eco friendly and make it easy for people who are poor in real life and cannot affort to spend the Hard earned money on Platinum in order to use more things? 

I know alot of people will be like it only cost like 10 platinum for 2 weapon slots and like 20 or something per warframe slots well tbh idc if it cost 1 platinum per slot it's still Real life money you have to spend to purchase, i also take into account that purchasing Platinum also goes towards the development of the game and helping them out but Shouldnt just playing the game be a Helping to them not just purchasing stuff ingame with real life money? 

P.S anybody who just wishes to be a total retard and be like OMFG use the search section for thread like these they have been posted so much there annoying Well IDC..  and if you cant understand short text it means I DON'T CARE! 

Edited by Sgt_Bug

how about making weapon slots 1credits and frame slots 5credits? because the difference between 1k and 500k is only an hour also nothing, pretty much nothing...

and no you're the total retard here for saying other people are retards for telling you to use the search button, why do you think other people will care about you if you act like that?

Well they need to get food themself, wich is why they need the Money for it. You are limited to playing with 3 different playstyles in inventory, but still now I see it as of a side of no Money is able to be spent, but still 250/500k credits is cheap for it, Maybe 1M/2M might be much better, since 250k is easily gained, and same with 500k, so much higher and it might be more fair, + it should be a blueprint so you also need to farm ressources to be able to create them.

That I believe would be fair enough.

- I don't want to hear a Yeah you just say that bcz you dont want to buy the slots. I GOT ALL Frames and Slots for weps to have everything and I still think this is a good idea, just higher requirements.

i understand all you stupid people will just comment back saying use the 50 you get free, but how is this possible if you are new and do not understand about it and you spend them straight away on rushing items like i did.

Its called common sense. Yeah. really hard to understand but before just buying stuff in a free2play game, I study the market.

Yeah, people these days are spoilt to get every last information but there was a time when people thought before doing something...

so why not make it each extra weapon slot or warframe slot is able to be purchased with a high amount of credits because i know alot of people have easily 3 Million+ credits because of the high payout on a tower 3 key of 70k Each run.

You already showed that your idea is simply not well thought.

The fact that it is easy to obtain credits makes is completely reasonable to to NOT make them credit stuff.

You will most likely get free slots for progression(mastery)

Other than that, I dont see why they should do anything more F2P friendly.

This is business, not charity. If thats a prob for you, well, F2P is not the right game model for you.

Oh and ranting about other people and calling them idiots is just... laughable.

What about those who bought the slots with plats. I mean if you change the system to Credits 500k-1m, wouldn't it be unfair to those who have already bought it with plat?

I was a player who didnt want to purchase any extra plats but somehow i forced myself to get some just to get more slots which was annoying to me when i didnt had the plats to do so.So i understand where u are right now but it's difficult to change some system to the game.Maybe they are going to,we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah maybe a mix between 250k/500k and 1000k/2000k so might be like 750k/1500k? Maybe that would be better, since as you also say Void runs gives alot of Creds.

I got alot of friends who either don't want to spend Money on a f2p game or just can't so that is why I know it :)

Yeah I heard that also, wich I think is a good idea, it is good about the dojo weps, wich you can only farm for so you just don't just need to buy the weps for plat and such. I played 68 hours without farming a single wep, now I am up to 71(3 hours of hours farming for dojo weps,)

And I like to have all the frames to just choose from as my liking, wich I believe others should also be able to. Even those who can't or just don't want to spend money on a game. But ofc. should have a high requirement to make.

Venarge get over it -.- ignore the part about him calling others an idiot instead of ranting about it and being butthurt about it lol.

and yes maybe every 2nd mastery rank grants you 1 Warframe slot BP, and 2 Wep slot BP - I think that would be a way to do it also.

And yes as Mudriski says, some people will not like that it is suddenly gainable without plat. while others doesnt mind.

Those who will think it is unfair is those wich does not got alot of Money, and just went and spended their spare Money for plat to get slots. So there is alot to think of before new systems wich affects plat only stuff.

Edited by tno1

What about those who bought the slots with plats. I mean if you change the system to Credits 500k-1m, wouldn't it be unfair to those who have already bought it with plat?

I was a player who didnt want to purchase any extra plats but somehow i forced myself to get some just to get more slots which was annoying to me when i didnt had the plats to do so.So i understand where u are right now but it's difficult to change some system to the game.Maybe they are going to,we'll just have to wait and see.

i dont see how it will affect the system in anyway because of the current system with other items you can grind it out to get the resources and the Blueprints or you can just buy it for platinum this is just exact same thing for Slots 

But about the thing were people have already spent plats on buying slots well thats just tough tbh i know it's upsetting in a certain way knowing you have wasted plat on it but theres not much else you can do with an evolving game 

and yes maybe every 2nd mastery rank grants you 1 Warframe slot BP, and 2 Wep slot BP - I think that would be a way to do it also.

i really like that idea but as we are limited to rank 7 mastery i think i am only 3 currently and the length and amount of items it will require to get them ranks it should be 1 per rank i think because 1 choice every 2 ranks it's quite excessive 

I believe that weapon/warframe slots should be obtained with Mastery. They have said before this may happen, and that way you get more for playing without becoming so easy as to make one of their main sources of income pointless. I think 1 Warframe slot every even mastery level, and 2 weapon slots every odd mastery level would work well. At 11 max mastery thats 5 Warframe and 10 weapon slots after a long time of play.

EDIT: Slots are one of their main sources of income, with potatoes being the other I think. Making slots easy to get would be bad for the future of the game, but there is no reason to not make them possible to get.

The only way for this to work with credits, IMO, is to make the cost of each additional slot increase. So, for example, the first Warframe slot costs 1M and the first weapon slot costs 500K. Each additional slot you buy doubles the cost. So, for four warframe slots, it would cost 1+2+4+8=15M credits.

Edited by liavalenth

I know what you mean about newbies not knowing what to do with the starter plat. When I started I thought to myself "50 platinium? I can't do anything with that, might as well rush out this wicked sweet cronus I just got." I was face-palming for three weeks until I finally managed to budget in 50 bucks for the founders package.

With that said I'd say leave it as it is. You aren't limited to what you can play. Excluding promotional and special event items everything is available to everyone. People who don't want to fork out some cash for platinium just gotta make room.

If you don't think this game is worth 5, 10 bucks to get some extra slots then you really don't need em. That's how I see it anyways.

but you don't want to spend any money on a game right? you don't buy games neither right?

i never said i didnt want to spend money on this game i know for a fact in the future i will spend money on it am just thinking of other people raver than getting an advantage for myself?

I think this game is worth every penny you invest into it if i have the extra money for plats i will quite happily spend it on them i never said i was poor and couldnt afford them i am thinking of the lower class people who struggle to earn a living yet still like to play games in there spare time dont think abouit yourself 

SeiraSunmin

think about part of the community that struggles to afford stuff and think about the community that can afford to spend money 

why should it be people with money get an advantage over people who dont have money? 

to many people on these forums think about them selfs when people bring subjects up like this how about put your pride in your pocket and think of other people for a change rava than just your self? 

Yes people who have purchased platinum for slots will be abit upset that they wasted there money but think off all the players who can benefit from this change? i am not saying dont make slots credits only what i am saying is do it the way weapons and warframes are for a quick use buy it with platinum or ifyou wish to grind it out then get the credits for the purchase? 

when i said the 250k/500k i didn't mean them prices i used that as a low priced example of cause i would expect it to be alot higher i would be happy with 1m+ per slot easily as that takes alot of time to get them credits doing alot of tower 3 farming etc 

Edited by Sgt_Bug

why should it be people with money get an advantage over people who dont have money? 

that's because how it works

it's pay4convenience, not pay2win

that's how it works and taking away any convenience away will also take away the biggest reason to get platinum it's simple as it is, 

I think Steve said something about making the Mastery system more rewarding.

They could possibly give slots for ranking up.

Allowing credits to be used to buy slots will pretty much remove the need to ever buy slots for anyone unless they tweak the credits reward system back to how it was like in the past, where the highest amount is only around 2k credits or so in Pluto, but that would suck.

Seeing how slots and potatoes which cost up to 20 plat, might be DE main sources for income (other than Founders package), DE is likely to not really benefit from this.

I think that the frequency with which these threads appear are a proof that it's an issue which needs to be addressed.

Slots are not a "convenience", they basically give you more options to choose from, that's an advantage. So making a new one and throwing away old ones is not a valid alternative. It would be, if you could immediately buy them, but they take 4 days at best to make, and that's if you've got all materials and blueprints. You can't choose the right tool at the right time, it's like trying to repair a car with only a screwdriver.

And to anyone with the "stop being entitled and pay up" argument:

1. DE is doing fine. They are not hurting for money. The game is more successful than they ever expected. They say this all the time.

2. The F2P business model is dependent on most players being free players. Having a ton of these "freeloaders" are one of the most important aspects to making the game successful. If the huge free player base dies, the game dies.

3. Because of the importance of free players, DE needs accurate feedback of how the games systems are being perceived by the free players. This makes "Just pay money and support DE" posts actually more harmful to DE than helpful, as they are an attempt to inhibit free player feedback.

You paid for an instant teleport to a tropical island while free players have to row their shabby boats there. That's fine. Good even. But now you're just trying to make waves to make their trip harder and that just makes you look like A******s. I'm sorry to break it to you, but there are people who indeed won't pay a single cent in this game, under any circumstances. Not because they don't like it, but because they just aren't as frivolous with their money as you. And you need them. Because they're always the vast majority of the player base in any f2p system, and without them you'll be lucky to log in and find more than 5 people.

1. DE won't be doing fine if you take away a big source of their income.

2. The F2P system relies on numbers. They take the shotgun strategy. Shoot enough pellets and some are bound to hit. They are dependant on the ones that hit, not the ones that miss.

Also your analogy aint quite right. Two tools, six attachments. Give me a chainsaw and powerdrill with six bits and after 200 hours of farming lumber Ill build you a friggen house.

Edited by jibbahjabbah

i don't think it would be such a big deal if they started you out with a few more slots from the get go. 4 or 5 warframe and 10 weapon. that would suffice for a long time, and if you take the time to master all those slots, then you've certianly spent enough time to know you like the game and should support it.

are you really that butt hurt or just a complete brain dead child? are you really that stupid and don't read a single thing DEV have said in Livestreams  regarding them saying they want to be different to other free games and give you a choice from Buying Or grinding for that stuff you want? i think your just one of them people who likes to laugh at people who dont have money and like to rub it in there face that you do? 

and regarding you poor part i never once said i was "poor" i just choose to spend my Real life money on stuff i need like Bills and having a social life, i manage to play this game max on a full custom built pc which has parts which are around 2.5 years old and will probs take a dump over any standard mainstream pc you can purchase in a computer store like a dell or even a notebook 

No matter how much time you will write the same, you won't change someones mind without providing anything to convince a person. So far you only provided your ignorance. Devs said they will improve mastery to hopefuly include additional slots as rewards for reaching each tier.

F2P model does not mean you get 100% of product for free. It's still a business and still a sale. You get a product partially for free, not 100%.

Buying slots so far is the only reason I bought platinum and I am glad I made that choise(devs need our support). Would I buy plat if slots were for credits ?

No I wouldn't.

You get pretty much ingame content and possibilities for free, yet you still act like a spoiled kid who did not get a candy on top of his icecream.

Credits is the most common, easily gained and useless at the same time resource.

If slots are to be gained ingame - then it should not be that easy, since they cost real money and people won't buy something that is easily gained ingame.

Yes, we sit on stockpiled milions of credits, but that doesn't justify that it should be used to get cash things.

What your are saying is "DE I got millions of credits help me exchange it for things you sell for real money" Hell no!

Did you take in account that DE is the one who let you get that credits in the first place ? Of course you did not.

How about an exchange of slot for say an orokin catalyst or/and orokin reactor you get a bp from alerts ? That more like it. Will it be an option for you ? I highly doubt since you want everything handed to you by DE for free, without spending a dime. Well things do not work like that.

Edited by Unibot

I think that the frequency with which these threads appear are a proof that it's an issue which needs to be addressed.

Slots are not a "convenience", they basically give you more options to choose from, that's an advantage. So making a new one and throwing away old ones is not a valid alternative. It would be, if you could immediately buy them, but they take 4 days at best to make, and that's if you've got all materials and blueprints. You can't choose the right tool at the right time, it's like trying to repair a car with only a screwdriver.

And to anyone with the "stop being entitled and pay up" argument:

1. DE is doing fine. They are not hurting for money. The game is more successful than they ever expected. They say this all the time.

2. The F2P business model is dependent on most players being free players. Having a ton of these "freeloaders" are one of the most important aspects to making the game successful. If the huge free player base dies, the game dies.

3. Because of the importance of free players, DE needs accurate feedback of how the games systems are being perceived by the free players. This makes "Just pay money and support DE" posts actually more harmful to DE than helpful, as they are an attempt to inhibit free player feedback.

You paid for an instant teleport to a tropical island while free players have to row their shabby boats there. That's fine. Good even. But now you're just trying to make waves to make their trip harder and that just makes you look like A******s. I'm sorry to break it to you, but there are people who indeed won't pay a single cent in this game, under any circumstances. Not because they don't like it, but because they just aren't as frivolous with their money as you. And you need them. Because they're always the vast majority of the player base in any f2p system, and without them you'll be lucky to log in and find more than 5 people.

Big talk but nothing valuable for the topic.

There will most likely be slots for progression. Other than that, no.

It isnt charitiy. You already can get every item without having to pay.