Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blood rush and weeping wounds, mechanics?

Guy6869

Question

Build: Primed pressure point, Blood rush, Weeping wounds, Drifting contact, Buzz kill, Jagged edge, Berserker, Relentless combination, Decisive judgment as stance.

I was fiddling with my full slash crit/status nikana prime build (Yes I know that is a weird thing to have as a build but I don't care.) because the new melee mods came out, in particular Relentless combination, when I noticed something odd occurring, I was getting more crits and bleed procs than I should have been based off of the in armoury stats(I tested for a couple mins after noticing this, and I somehow doubt it was purely a good luck streak for that time.), so I researched the mods, and in particular I was looking at the tables on the wiki for what my chances should be at each combo level, now since I use Drifting contact because I missed the acolytes so didn't manage to pick up Body count (I bought Weeping wounds to use in my build) I had a base status chance of 28% according to the armoury, so I used this number for the table on the wiki, before turning to my own calculator to do some calculations of my own, using what I know of how the mods work. Modified status chance = current status chance + (base status chance * 0.45). So at 1.5x multiplier I should have a status chance of 40.6% which is inline with the weeping wounds table, and at 2x I should have a status chance of 53.2% which is not inline with the table, but it is the same increase from 28% to 40.6%, as it is from 40.6% to 53.2%, which is 12.6% but the table has a difference of 6.3%, so why has it halved? I also noticed this same thing occurring with crit chance as well. So can anyone tell me exactly how it is that Blood rush, and Weeping wounds work please?

4 answers to this question

Both Weeping Wounds and Blood Rush are multiplicative with your combo multiplier and your modified status & crit chance.

Status Chance = (Base Status * (1 + Status Mod + Status Mod) * (1+ ( combo * Weeping)

Crit Chance = (Base Crit * (1 + True Steel) * (1 + ( combo * Blood Rush)

If you were at 3x Combo with your current build the equation would look like

Status Chance = ( 0.2 * (1+ 0.2) * (1+ ( 3 * 0.45) = 0.56 = 56%

A side note, pure physical Slash based melee is quite good against armor but +%Slash mods don't add much to this and you're just about always better off with another mod like Organ Shatter or True Steel. Organ shatter in particular is a staple mod for crit melee. That or just using status elemental.

Edited by Xzorn

Xzorn has the formula covered, but yeah, you'll want to up your crit damage with organ shatter, and jagged edge is the weakest link.

I use this exact build on pretty much any melee weapon that can pull it off, prisma cleavers, atterax, nikana prime, galatine prime, dual kamas prime.

Edited by rapt0rman