Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to Ember Prime

aligatorno

Question

I finally managed to get my hands on the Ember Prime Blueprint today, rushed her and played around a bit with her. She is way more fun than what it looked like while watching teammates playing. So far my build is this : 

Steel Charge

[Energy Conversion] [Fleeting Expertise] [Streamline] [Primed Continuity]

[Transient Fortitude] [Vitality] [Stretch] [Intensify]/[swapped for Firequake for a second variation]

63% Duration 175% Eff 145% Range 175% Str / 235% with EC

The build performed quite well in the Star Chart, but in the simulacrum with high level enemies not that well. What would you recommend to improve? I was thinking of investing a few forma to make room for Power Drift. Also, for sorties, would you recommend focusing on power strength for damage, or sacrificing it for high range with Firequake for CC? 

Edited by aligatorno

4 answers to this question

I personally prefer maxing range and efficiency with Firequake always equipped.

All the lightly armored units will still fall over in a couple of ticks in sorties, and you'll keep the nasty ones knocked down for ages.

I see you have 145% efficiency; I can't remember my exact setup, but I have it at 175% and never run out of energy once the fighting heats up.

Pun intended. <.<

Late game Ember is used for Firequake cc more so than damage. Early game Ember is straight up annoying to other squadmates (IMO. Some people actually like only running to extract and getting XP for it), she just erases entire rooms of enemies with ease leaving nothing for others.

Edited by AXCrusnik

2 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

I personally prefer maxing range and efficiency with Firequake always equipped.

All the lightly armored units will still fall over in a couple of ticks in sorties, and you'll keep the nasty ones knocked down for ages.

I see you have 145% efficiency; I can't remember my exact setup, but I have it at 175% and never run out of energy once the fighting heats up.

Pun intended. <.<

Eff it's at 175, the Range is at 145 :P

2 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Late game Ember is used for Firequake cc more so than damage. Early game Ember is straight up annoying to other squadmates (IMO, some people actually like only running to extract and getting XP for it), she just erases entire rooms of enemies with ease leaving nothing for others.

I know about low level, that's why I don't plan to use her on lower levels unless I`m asked, just like my Simulor Trinity.  It will be mostly solo unless it's an interception. 

Edited by aligatorno

I basically run this, always.
At levels where WoF + Accelerant is no longer killing things in under 3 shots, a maxed defensive mod will only gain you 2-3 hits anyway.

I can't recommend her for any non-Exterm Sortie, honestly, as CC is short (Accelerant) or unreliable and single-target (Firequake), and her killing power pretty much peaks vs armor around 45-50 unless you're running a squad of full CP.
But if you're going to, I'd replace Intensify with Firequake and rely on Accelerant to not-die.
Of course, I'm biased. I hate running abilities and not hitting enemies, so I pretty much run Stretch + OE on everything - and WoF is among the lowest base-range of all ults, iirc tied for lowest at 15m.

Infested Healers steal your CC - but at least a rad proc will isolate them.
Ancient Disruptors, on the other hand, will pretty much completely shut you down.

The main Grineer threats are armored, and armor will kill your damage.

Corpus are broadly the easiest faction to deal with at high level, except that they have Nullifiers, Sapping Ospreys (whose mines WoF doesn't target), Guardian Eximus, and currently bugged(?) Shield Ospreys.

Edited by Chroia
Accidentally a word