Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

benefits to brawler weapons?

zoobmer

Question

8 answers to this question

They've got higher crit chance than a lot of other melee weapons and can easily stack Berserker speed because of it.

Also, they're a unique fighting style. Unlike a few other melee types, their stances have actually been properly finished with multiple combos on every stance, so you can safely judge them on stances, unlike stuff like polearms/daggers etc which have garbage stances so you can only judge them on power.

Basically they're crit weapons that can be fun to use if you like the stances. The break-dancing stance for Sparring is particularly fun if you don't mind having no idea what you're doing.

4 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

They've got higher crit chance than a lot of other melee weapons and can easily stack Berserker speed because of it.

Also, they're a unique fighting style. Unlike a few other melee types, their stances have actually been properly finished with multiple combos on every stance, so you can safely judge them on stances, unlike stuff like polearms/daggers etc which have garbage stances so you can only judge them on power.

Basically they're crit weapons that can be fun to use if you like the stances. The break-dancing stance for Sparring is particularly fun if you don't mind having no idea what you're doing.

Plus, you are punching (or kicking) things to death, I can not think of a manlier way to commit mass murder.

8 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Brutal Tide, I think, is based on capoeira, which is a Brazilian martial art that seamlessly combines elements of dance with combat.

IIRC, one of the fist stances, Grim Fury, I believe, has a built in finisher on one of the spammier combos, with a fast animation. Even with just Berserker, you can almost stunlock and enemy with finishers. Add in a speed buffer frame/Prrimed Fury, and the it gets a little nuts.

In addition, the crazy attack speed/animation means stacking the combo counter with the basic attack VERY easy.

Fist and Sparring are meant to be fast, short range weapon that rely on critical strike combine with the ability to hit multiple time very quickly. Majority of their combos also include stagger and knock down, and, as mentioned, finisher attack. This mean it's rely on you using combo that fits a situation you're in. Or you can just forget about the combo and max attack speed and go crazy. 

Fist stance, Seismic Palm have a finisher on its blocking combo that is extremely quick and easy to pull. Sparring charge attack, the one where you lift your leg, prime enemy for finisher, and Grim Fury also have finisher on its backward combo.

8 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

8 hours ago, Sintag said:

Brutal Tide, I think, is based on capoeira, which is a Brazilian martial art that seamlessly combines elements of dance with combat.

8 hours ago, Magneu said:

IIRC, one of the fist stances, Grim Fury, I believe, has a built in finisher on one of the spammier combos, with a fast animation. Even with just Berserker, you can almost stunlock and enemy with finishers. Add in a speed buffer frame/Prrimed Fury, and the it gets a little nuts.

In addition, the crazy attack speed/animation means stacking the combo counter with the basic attack VERY easy.

7 hours ago, AhLiu338 said:

Fist and Sparring are meant to be fast, short range weapon that rely on critical strike combine with the ability to hit multiple time very quickly. Majority of their combos also include stagger and knock down, and, as mentioned, finisher attack. This mean it's rely on you using combo that fits a situation you're in. Or you can just forget about the combo and max attack speed and go crazy. 

Fist stance, Seismic Palm have a finisher on its blocking combo that is extremely quick and easy to pull. Sparring charge attack, the one where you lift your leg, prime enemy for finisher, and Grim Fury also have finisher on its backward combo.

basically, everything you guys are saying has to do with having the brawler weapon equipped rather than quick melee. pole arms are still better at quick melee.

When I was a young low ranked tenno and leveling up the Ankyros (which is a Fist weapon) we got attacked by a Arbiter's Corrupted Lancer Eximus Death Squad.

I could barely begin to even hurt them, but thanks to the stun-lock I was able to keep some of them pinned and knocked around until someone much stronger was able to come over and take care of them. 

I haven't used Sparring weapons for a while now but I expect they can deliver much the same kind of punch(?)

Also... Tekko for the win! 

Those things are great, wtb Tekko Prime. Use Seismic Palm and you'll be grabbing heads and snapping necks which is pretty satisfying, imo, haha.