Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

surviving toxic damage in infesation

JovanTheFab

Question

10 answers to this question

Lots of ways.

Don't stand in the green clouds.  Almost all Toxin damage dealt by the Infested takes the form of green gas, and comes from three sources - Mutalist Ospreys, Toxic Ancients, and Noxious Crawlers.  Ospreys leave gas clouds behind when they dash - keep your distance and prioritize killing them before they drop their Crawler, because they can't dash if they're carrying something.  Noxious Crawlers leave poison gas behind as they move and when they die - stay away from them and let the clouds dissipate to keep from eating toxin damage.  They're a bright yellow color - should be easy to spot amidst other crawlers.  Toxic Ancients deal Toxin damage with their belch attack, which spews green clouds from their tentacle-festooned head.  It's a slow attack - keep your distance if you can and if they drag you to melee range, jump away or kill them before they can gas you.

Build for Health.  Toxin damage bypasses shields.  Building for Health will let you survive a Toxin effect more easily.

Blind them.  You're on Excalibur - blinded enemies do not attack unless you bump them or shoot, so Blind your enemies and then prioritize killing the toxic ones first.

Use Rhino, Nezha, or Oberon Instead.  Rhino's Iron Skin and Nezha's Warding Halo make them immune to Toxin procs so long as it has absorption left.  In addition, standing in the fires of Nezha's Firewalker or Oberon's Hallowed Ground removes ongoing debuffs and procs.

Edited by Arkvold

You need a Life Strike on your melee to heal up any received damage, and Handspring on your frame to minimize knockdown time.

Do not engage Toxic Ancients in melee without blinding them, and pay extra attention to Mutalist Ospreys.

Binding a Health Restore to F1 can help in emergency situations.

34 minutes ago, JovanTheFab said:

how the hell do i not have any of the mods u guys suggested to me *sigh*

Do some Dark Sector Survivals for Life Strike. Although it's classified as rare, it's not that hard to get. I might even have one spare.

Edited by Rambit23Z

4 hours ago, JovanTheFab said:

how the hell am i supposed to do it. I like playing survival infested to level up my weapons and killing them is easy but the toxic damage just takes away my hp little by little until i eventually die. How the hell am i supposed to do it alone (excalibur)

Easy

Use anti toxin +45% toxin resistance and rapid resilience -75% status duration on self mods

I always have them and i am never affected

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

1. jsut kill anything that is glowing in green ( thats the toxic)

2. If you see ur hp keep goiung down, time to move away. kill other thigns get hp orb

3. u can make quipment hp regen. Buy the BP and make it

4. use anti toxhin as oussii said

the rest is up to ur skills

Stay away from the green clouds and don't step in the yellow goop.  If you're being swarmed by cloud of bugs, quick melee to get rid of them.

Mutalist Osprey are the ones who spew the green clouds so I would prioritize in killing them.  You also should target Ancients, especially Toxic Ancient  (toxin toxin toxin) and Ancient Healer (make units around them more durable).

I would get Rhino's parts fighting Jackal on Venus and build him as soon as you can.  His Iron Skin grants status immunity, which is great when you're fighting against Infested.  As others said, Nezha's Warding Halo also grants status immunity. If you have access to good clan, you can get Nezha's blueprints from the dojo, but he needs some rare resources that you might not be able to get right now unless someone taxi you to the right planets.  As much as I like Nezha, I still recommend you go with Rhino instead because he's easier to build, mod, and use.  Frost's new Icy Avalanche augment also gives status immunity though you won't be able to get augments for quite some time.   Trinity's Link ability can also counter status effects, but she's pretty tricky to play and you as a new player don't have the mods to make her super strong. 

For now, level up your Vitality mod (and Vigor too if you have it) because toxin can bypass shield so you want to get as much health as you can. You can also build a couple Team Health Restore or Health Restore and equip them in your gears.