Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The mystery of the abandoned station (IC-Open), (Possibly 18+, I won't stop you directly)

Sharpstriker

"Blast it," the Frost swore under his breath.
He leaned against the wall and rested his hand on his Nikana's pommel. How could they sense me? Unless..... unless HE communicates the same way cephalons do.... then maybe this Valkyr's cephalon can trace the signals.......

He gripped his blade tightly and thought. He could do it.......... he could just reveal himself..... maybe she could even help him.

But after so many years of hiding, all it took was one fatal slip to make things fall apart. He stayed put, and decided to see if he could hear anything else from the Valkyr.

"Hmmmmm, he's probably the one who turned on the power generator right?" Valkyr conjectured, "The elevator would send him too far down, meaning he's on this floor? Huh? I didn't see anyone around, could he be?"

As she pondered these things, she stepped out into the hall and started walking back. Maybe he was the one who cut the hole in the elevator. Does that mean that he came from somewhere else? Could he be an enemy?

Sauriv started sniffing the air as the walked along the hall.

The Frost stiffened as the he heard the kavat sniffing. This was bad. The other Tenno has a Kavat? I have to get away...... if only she had a Kubrow and not a bloody derelict predator...

He looked around. There wasn't many options. If he moved, the kavat would see him. If he help still the kavat would find him. If he ran..... well, then the Valkyr would chase him down.

He relaxed his grip on his weapon and took a breath. He'd have to try and play this out diplomatically.

The Frost stared back at a pair of yellow eyes regarding him from only feet away. It was the Valkyr's kavat. It's haunches were poised, as if ready to strike.
"Easy there," the Frost said as the creature bared its fangs and hissed at him. My scent..... it's too- Suddenly, the Kavat launched itself at him. He rolled to the side as its claws ranked the air where his head was. The Frost looked around and realized he was backed into a corner of the hallway, with the kavat bearing down on him. He grabbed his sword, ready to unsheath it..... he knew for sure he could kill the beast in a single strike, but that wouldn't put him on good terms with the possibly bigger threat..... the Valkyr.

With a quick movement at the last second, the Frost detached the sheathed sword and swung it at the mid-leap kavat, smacking it away with the scabbard. It lay dazed for a moment on the floor as the Valkyr appeared from around the bend.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

Valkyr attempted to say something, but Sauriv leapt forward again with savage intensity. Valkyr instantly reacted, catching the kavat with a rip line and pulling her back quickly. "Sauriv what's wrong? Why are you doing this!" Valkyr exclaimed. Sauriv let out a snarl as Valkyr held her head tight.

"Sorry, are you okay? Who are you?"

Sauriv gathered his strength for one last lunge. He succeeded and broke free of Valkyr's arms, attacking the Frost once again. "Sauriv STOP!!!" Valkyr screeched, pouring [Paralysis] into her yell. Unfortunately, the Frost was too close and ended up getting caught as well.

Jado's hand locked in place as the shockwave smacked into him, coursing through his body and disrupting his nervous system. Blackness consumed his vision as a single voice rose above the nightmarish drone in his ears....

Master....... you are hurt....... we can heal you...............
This foul being has dared to strike you with her power..... let us make
AMENDS. LET. US. HEAL. YOU.

Jado summoned all the resolve he had, and just as the tendrils of darkness seeped towards him in his comatose state, he shouted "NO!!" The tendrils dissipated, and his vision cleared.... he was sitting upright, next to a twitching, drooling kavat, with the Valkyr kneeling nearby him.

Edited by Almighty_Jado
oidhfasopgifunpasifusaofgsafsafsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss1111!1

Valkyr grabbed a health restore module from her gear, but just before she could apply it the Frost awoke with a loud yell. His sudden outburst startled Valkyr, who curled up into a defensive position. "Sorry! I didn't mean to hit you, please don't hurt my kavat!"

Valkyr fidgeted. As far as she knew from within her acquaintances it was considered formal to call a Tenno by their warframe. Using operator names were reserved for friends. I mean, it's not like I care that much but....

Valkyr hid her face from the Frost, blushing furiously. "J-just Valkyr will be fine," she said with a bow.

The Frost tilted his head and crossed his arms. "Come on, give me something here," he said, "ever since our kind were Woken Up we've started calling each other by our true names..... why would you want to stick to the old ways?" He kicked a scrap piece of ferrite on the ground. "Well, whatever, if you prefer to stick to Orokin dehumanization, then so be it," he shrugged.

He turned his gaze towards the kavat, who was starting to get up. His sword hand twitched. "I expect you'll try to keep that thing off me as long as we're here? You must be here for....... um, treasure hunting, right?"

Valkyr was rather intimidated by this Frost. She anxiously stood up and waved her hand back and forth. "Oh no, I'm just curious to see what happened here. I'm not planning to take stuff just yet." She looked down at her kavat with an exasperated expression. What am I going to do with you, huh?

"Ordis, do you know why Sauriv is acting up? What should I do with him?" ((@Sharpstriker))

34 minutes ago, Disruptis said:

Valkyr was rather intimidated by this Frost. She anxiously stood up and waved her hand back and forth. "Oh no, I'm just curious to see what happened here. I'm not planning to take stuff just yet." She looked down at her kavat with an exasperated expression. What am I going to do with you, huh?

"Ordis, do you know why Sauriv is acting up? What should I do with him?" ((@Sharpstriker))

"Ordis believes the Kavat was merely acting on it's protective instinct, and thus Ordis believes the Kavat should be train to delineate between enemy, neutral, and ally. Then trained on how it should act towards each.

Ordis would also like to ask the frost, Jado to not be such a shady looking bast...... stealthy individual. The Kavat probably saw you and thought you to be an assassin in waiting so it took the initiative."

Sauriv is the type to rush in to things, but I've never seen him act like this before. Valkyr shook her head; she needed to solve the problem at hand. "Maybe, but what do I do with him now? I'm not just going to leave him somewhere and pick him up later, it could still be dangerous here."

Jado was clearly unnerved by Sauriv's presence. He shuffled his feet. "Well, there's not much else you can do. You'll just have to keep it under control. Otherwise...." Jado's sword hand twitched.

He stopped suddenly, and turned around, his fingers on his temple. "Hmmm..." he said out loud, "my......... cephalon suggests we split up. He thinks it might be too dangerous for me."

4 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Jado was clearly unnerved by Sauriv's presence. He shuffled his feet. "Well, there's not much else you can do. You'll just have to keep it under control. Otherwise...." Jado's sword hand twitched.

He stopped suddenly, and turned around, his fingers on his temple. "Hmmm..." he said out loud, "my......... cephalon suggests we split up. He thinks it might be too dangerous for me."

"Ordis finds that strange, I did not sense any signals that your cephalon had sent you a message. Also, Ordis's bullsh... lie detec... polygraph are going 'ding'."

"It's fine Ordis, don't pester him so much. I'm heading to the lifeline, if you saw the map already. If you ever need help, I'll be there."

Valkyr heaved Sauriv onto her back. "By the way, do you know how to get there from here, Frost? The central elevator was torn open by something."

Jado guffawed. "Hah, sorry. That was me. I was trying to find a way down to the manufacturing area."

He turned and began to march away. "Hey," he said, "if you ever find anything, let me know, ok? I opened up my comm to allow access from your transference channel. Holler if something grabs you."

And with that, he began to march to wherever the Manufacturing location was.

@Sharpstriker

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Jado guffawed. "Hah, sorry. That was me. I was trying to find a way down to the manufacturing area."

He turned and began to march away. "Hey," he said, "if you ever find anything, let me know, ok? I opened up my comm to allow access from your transference channel. Holler if something grabs you."

And with that, he began to march to wherever the Manufacturing location was.

@Sharpstriker

Before the two of you could get too far apart, you hear something. It sounds like something hitting a metal wall repeatedly, and it was getting closer. Just then, the two of you heard a shriek the likes of which you've never heard before, which sends a chill down your spines and makes the Kavat tremble a little. The direction as you can tell is towards the elevator. ((I guess a section of an elevator door falling 80km makes a lot of noise)).

Edited by Sharpstriker