Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Broken Redeemer ground finishers [with video]

TaylorsContraction

Redeemer ground finishers miss 80-90% of the time. Miss as in they make no contact with the enemy and do little to no damage at all. For ground finishers which are supposed to be one of the strongest melee attacks this is frustrating to say the least. Especially on a weapon with so much built in knockdown that it is practically a ground finisher machine. Video below demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about.

The redeemer is my favorite melee weapon in the game (well one of them anyway) and I would really appreciate this getting fixed.  Thanks for reading and here's to hoping DE fixes this wonderful weaon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In update

Fixed script error when performing a finisher.

This has improved the finisher effect substantially from what it used to be. Now instead of 80-90% of finishers missing, it's more like 50%. But 50% is still very considerable. As i've learned this problem does not only plague the redeemer but every weapon in the game. I have experienced it most recently with the gram, when performing a ground finisher and dealing no damage whatsoever, no damage tick nothing. I hope you guys will continue working on this issue and figure out how to make ground finishers work all the time :).

• 3 months later...

Well hello there. As of update 20.6.1 this problem still persists. We've gone through an entire version number in this thread to no avail. But this problem has been in the game for what feels like an eternity. Come on DE ground finishers are a huge part of a weapon's damage. Specifically redeemer because of it's ragdoll mechanic. I stopped using finishing touch because of this damn bug as 50% of the time it does nothing. Can we PLEASE get this fixed.

• 2 months later...

This bug is still in effect as of update 21.3.0

Please, please, please can you fix it already? When hosting I still miss my ground finishers majority of the time.

The Redeemer is a ground finisher based weapon that can't land ground finishers NotLikeThis twitch emote. And it has nothing to do with not aiming at Target while performing the finisher, In can be aiming straight at them and still miss. Almost every Redeemer combo preforms a shot that knocks enemies to the ground and its ground finishers do a ton of damage. Can I please be able to execute them without doing 0 damage at point blank on a grounded enemy. Please fix this bug.

• 1 month later...

bump. this seems to happen MUCH more often when redeemer is equipped than when performing ground finishers from quick-melee. it is likely the same scripting error because redeemer ground finishers have 100% status chance, while the "missed" finishers hit with 1 pellet and no status

• 2 months later...