Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts regarding Secondary Riven mods and Sortie itself

Thundervision

This is something I was thinking about... Probably, from the first days of Sortie update when there were thoughts and potential plans for token system. Though, hearing that Secondary Riven mods will probably replace Rifle Riven mods on Sortie and getting 5th 2000 Endo reward finally made me do this.

If someone didn't hear or missed the latest Devstream:

Secondary Weapon Riven Mods will be added in an upcoming update. We are currently exploring ways to best add them to the Sortie drop tables.

While having a token system would be pretty neat and there's(!) a brilliant concept of this:

...as an alternative, I was wondering if DE ever considered their own reward pattern being implemented in Sortie. Basically, we have AABC rotations for every endless mission and we have a daily 3-missions Sortie thing:

• Sortie mission #1 -- rotation A
  • Sortie mission #2 -- rotation B
  • Sortie mission #3 -- rotation C

Now the next thing is purely an example of how it would look like:

aD0D4f5.png

Potential changes:

If we'll get more and more rivens, then rotation A will be a lottery, but it won't be just «you get either 2000 Endo or a Riven mod», the lottery will be about getting class-specific Riven mod (Rifle, Shotgun, Secondary, Melee(?) etc.). Basically, it would fit statements regading Rivens and their current cap:

On 15.11.2016 at 2:04 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have started to add quirks to weapons, as shown with the recent Syndicate Melees, and this is supposed to be a continuation of that train of thought: we want players to be able to use their weapons in new ways that typical builds don’t encourage or allow. The current maximum number of 15 Riven Mods is a reflection of this, as limitations encourages creativity and choice.

On 06.12.2016 at 1:51 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

2) Why the Capacity exists at all?
There are many reasons we started with a 15 Riven Mod Capacity, but the most important for future Riven conversations is the database impact storing Riven Mods has. As many of you have begin amassing collections, we can begin to see what will be scalable for the system across all future Weapon types.

Okay, even if the 15 mods cap will be increased (I'm seeing its cap being affected by MR) I suppose there still will be a limit of how many of them you can keep.

So, as I said above, our main problem won't be getting just a Riven mod, our problem will be getting a class-specific (and then a weapon one) Riven mod and you will decide: will you keep that one you got or you either dissolve or sell it. So, yeah, it's still RNG, but at least it would be a somewhat fair one: you wanted a Riven mod? You get it. One of 2/3/4 Rivens.

Now as for the rewards in the list. I took (mostly) the ones we currently have.

Mission A (w/o 2k Endo): 

1. Rifle Riven  -- 50%
  2. Secondary Riven -- 50%

If there are 3:

1. Rifle Riven -- 33.3%
  2. Secondary Riven -- 33.3%
  3. Shotgun Riven -- 33.3%

etc.

Mission A (w/ 2k Endo): 

1. 2000 Endo
  2. Riven mod, one of: Rifle, Secondary, Shotgun etc.

Mission B: 

B is somewhat balanced. Forma BP (put it just to dilute the list a bit) can be replaced by Neo relic, 4k Endo can be replaced with 2k Endo while 4k will present in the final mission rewards list.

Mission C:

This one was hard to balance out. Though, Tomato BP is a Common item simply because we do have alt. way to obtain it -- via Simaris' terminal, not a big deal since Simaris is a neutral «syndicate».

4000 Endo/Potato/Forma would be a sweet bonus to Riven mod you get for mission A. Let's be honest, the reason people play Sortie is, a) Riven, b) a chance to get Legendary Core. In the current state even 4k Endo isn't that big amount of, knowing the right places will give you much more Endo in less time compared to Sortie anyway, but it's still nice to get it when you don't farm for it.

Alternatively, since the Sortie has Spy and Excavation/Survival/Interception mission w/o giving you rewards, Axi relics can also find a place in the list as Uncommon and Rare items.

• Greater Focus Lens -- 30%
  • Tomato -- 20%
  • 4000 Endo -- 15%
  • Axi relic -- 15%
  • Forma -- 7.5%
  • 3x Axi Relic -- 5%
  • Bluetato -- 3.5%
  • Goldato -- 3.5%
  • Legendary core -- 0.5%

Now I'll say it again that this is just an idea how it can be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mhhh, i'd rather want this than the Token System tbh. Having a reward for each Sortie completed would not only help with RNG but also gives players that can't complete the other 2 Sorties an incentive to play them regardless. Even though i think that there should be 1 Riven in each of the 3 Missions. This makes it harder for us to get Rivens and therefore us not flooding DE's database and flooding the market.

Greater lens and exilus BP as the common drops at 3? You should work for DE, that's some twisted kind of humour...

Also since basically you want 3 times the loot that'll never happen. 

Edited by Snib

19 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Even though i think that there should be 1 Riven in each of the 3 Missions. This makes it harder for us to get Rivens and therefore us not flooding DE's database and flooding the market.

I was thinking about this, too. However, we don't know if DE are planning to add more Riven mods for other categories (like Melee, Warframes, Sentinels, AW & AW weapons etc.). If they will, then a Riven per mission can mess up the rewards, unless it would be something like:

Mission A:

• Riven mod: Shotgun, Rifle.

Mission B:

• Riven mod: Secondary, Sentinels

Mission C:

• Riven mod: Melee, Warframes

Then again, if there will be more Riven mods, it will be 1/3 or 1/4 Riven per mission. Not even saying that there are other rewards in the list :)

13 minutes ago, Snib said:

Greater lens and exilus BP as the common drops at 3? You should work for DE, that's some twisted kind of humour...

Well, Warframe is a F2P game where grind is the core. No matter how hard people will try to prove otherwise. There can be alternative ways to earn/achieve something but it still will be a grind.

Besides, DE are going to revive Focus system in 2017. Having Greater Lenses will come in handy.

edit: I could put Greater Lens BP instead, but I didn't :^)

Edited by Thundervision

This is why we need a token system for sorties. What they should add is: We can only have 15 rivens each category such as Primary, secondary and melee weapons. Now in sorties when you get a riven reward in sorties you can choose which weapon category you want. So if I want a secondary riven mod I can choose it instead of what they are doing which is taking primary riven mods out of sorties and replacing them for secondary riven mods for a limited time. This would be so much better system than what they are thinking.

It's just my input on what DE should do.

5 hours ago, Thundervision said:

I was thinking about this, too. However, we don't know if DE are planning to add more Riven mods for other categories (like Melee, Warframes, Sentinels, AW & AW weapons etc.).

Yes we do. Well, not officially, but some folks have posted mined things that say so. I don't trust them, but would only make sense.