The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame concept, Celestine the Shield Maiden

CandyManCriminal

Name - Celestine 

Health - 0
Shield Base - 800
Shield Max - 2000 (5520 with maxed redirection)
Energy - 262.5
Armor - 0
Shield Recharge - 80
Sprint - 1.05

Passive - Celestine has a protoshield and is immune to instant shield drains (no shield nightmares result in half shield)

(due to her lack of health any damage that normally bypasses shields is applied to her shield, but is also reduced in power)

1 - Annex
Cost - 25
Range - 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 (ally or enemy cast)
Duration - 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 
Strength - .5 / 1 / 1.5 / 2
Celestine drains 6% / 9% / 12% / 15% of her shield and attaches it to target (enemy, ally)

if attached to an ally it takes damage for them based on the amount of shield drained * Strength

can be cast on downed allies to slow their bleedout timer

if attached to an enemy that enemy is prevented from moving or attacking

Cast on same target a second time and all nearby enemies (including the target) will take damage 
(shield drained * Strength) enemies damaged are slowed 6% / 9% / 12% / 15%
second cast costs 1/2 energy and no shield

2 - Vent
Cost - 45
Range - 10 / 13 / 16 / 19 (Self cast)
Duration - N/A
Strength - 1 / 3 / 5 / 7
Celestine's shield explodes, removing 19% / 16% / 13% / 10% of her shield and using that
as out going damage (shield drained * Strength) to nearby enemies (modified by range)
enemies hit by this are knocked down

damage is calculated as (amountOfShieldLost * Strength)

3 - Energize
Cost - 70
Range - N/A (Self cast)
Duration - 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 
Strength - 500 / 500 / 750 / 1500
Celestine's shield becomes overcharged (modified by strength) nearby enemies are taunted to attack Celestine

if used while Aegis is active linked allies also gain the protoshield (modified by duration) and overcharge

4 - Aegis
Cost - 20/s  (Channeled)
Range - 16 / 19 / 22 / 25 (Self cast)
Duration - N/A 
Strength - 800 / 1300 / 1800 / 2000
Celestine creates an orb that slowly expands outward until it reaches max size (modified by range)
Celestine's shield is increased (modified by strength) and absorbs 50% of damage incoming to allies
that are within the orb, enemies within the orb have 25% of the damage they deal to Celetine and allies reflected back

Old write ups

Name - Celestine 

Health - 0
Shield Base - 800
Energy - 262.5
Armor - 0
Shield Recharge - 37.5
Sprint - 1.15

Passive - Celestine can have a third stack of shield, and is immune to instant shield drains

1 - 
Cost - 25
Strength - 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 3
Celestine drains 6% / 9% / 12% / 15% of her shield and attaches it to target (enemy, ally)

if attached to an ally it takes damage for them based on the amount of shield drained * Strength

if attached to an enemy that enemy is prevented from moving or attacking

Cast on same target a second time and all nearby enemies (including the target) will take damage 
(shield drained * Strength) enemies damaged are slowed 6% / 9% / 12% / 15%
second cast costs 1/2 energy and no shield

2 - 
Cost - 45
Duration - N/A
Strength - 2 / 4 / 6 / 8
Celestine's shield explodes, removing 19% / 16% / 13% / 10% of her shield and using that
as out going damage (shield drained * Strength) to nearby enemies (modified by range)

3 - 
Cost - 70
Range - N/A (Self cast)
Strength - 250 / 500 / 750 / 1000
Celestine's shield becomes a protoshield for X time (modified by duration)
and becomes overcharged (modified by strength) enemies are taunted to attack Celestine

if used while linked to allies (with the 4th ability) those allies also gain the protoshield and overcharge

4 - 
Cost - 25/s  (Channeled)
Duration - N/A 
Strength - 800 / 1300 / 1800 / 2000
Celestine creates an orb that slowly expands outward until it reaches max size (modified by range)
Celestine's shield is increased (modified by strength) and absorbs 50% of damage incoming to allies
that are within the orb, enemies within the orb have 25% of the damage they deal to Celetine and allies reflected back

due to her lack of health any damage that normally bypasses shields is applied to her shield, but is also reduced in power

Name - Celestine 

Health - 0
Shield Base - 800
Energy - 262.5
Armor - 0
Shield Recharge - 37.5
Sprint - 1.15

Passive - When Celestine is downed nearby allies' shields are recharged to full
    (if the ally has no shield, they are healed instead (Inaros + Nidus))

1 - 
Cost - 25
Strength - 10 / 13 / 16 / 19
Celestine drains 6% / 9% / 12% / 15% of her shield and attaches it to target (area, enemy, ally)

if attached to an enemy it and all nearby enemies will take damage (shield drained * Strength)
over time (modified by duration) enemies being damaged are slowed 6% / 9% / 12% / 15%

2 - 
Cost - 45
Duration - N/A
Strength - 13 / 18 / 23 / 28
as out going damage (modified by strength) to nearby enemies (modified by range)

when used with her 3 and/or 4 the percent of shield taken results in a higher
number and thus higher damage, also has CC

3 - 
Cost - 70
Range - N/A (Self cast)
Strength - 250 / 300 / 400 / 550
and becomes overcharged (modified by strength)

improves survivability
the overcharge will remain after the protoshield ends
if she is missing more shield than she gains overshield her normal shield is restored that amount instead

4 - 
Cost - 25/s  (Channeled)
Duration - N/A 
Strength - 800 / 1300 / 1800/ 2000
Celestine's base shield is increased (modified by strength) and absorbs 
75% of damage incoming to nearby allies (modified by range)

improves everyone's survivability

due to her lack of health any damage that normally bypasses shields is applied to her shield, but is also reduced in power

Name - Celestine 

Health - 0
Shield Base - 600
Shield Max - 1800 (4440 with maxed redirection)
Energy - 262.5
Armor - 0
Shield Recharge - 37.5
Sprint - 1.15

1 - 
Cost - 25
Range - 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 (Cast on ally)
Duration - N/A
Strength - 100% / 80% / 60% / 40%
Celestine's cut her own shield by a percent (modified by strength) of how much
is missing from target ally's shield and that ally's shield is recharged to full

2 - 
Cost - 45
Duration - N/A
Strength - 19% / 16% / 13% / 10%
Celestine's shield explodes, removing a portion of her shield and using that
as out going damage (modified by strength) to nearby enemies (modified by range)

3 - 
Cost - 70
Range - N/A (Self cast)
Strength - N/A

4 - 
Cost - 25/s  (Channeled)
Duration - N/A 
Celestine's shield becomes overcharged (modified by strength) and absorbs 

now you may be asking yourself "what about attacks that go through shields?"
well just apply that damage to the shield instead, since because reasons
and obviously instead of going down when health reaches 0, she goes down when shield is depleted

i math'd out some of the abilities, but most of it was just ballpark guesswork because im lazy
and dont care enough about something that isnt actually gunna happen
which is also why the abilities dont have names and the balance is pretty much non-existent 

i just wanted to have some fun and mess around

Edited by CandyManCriminal

He maxed shield would be 3240 and not 4440 because (1+4.4)x600=4. You're right, I'm bad at math :/
I thing she should have at least 1HP for game logic.

The idea of warframe without healh how Inaros and Nidus dont have shield is not bad but cause too many problem and isn't really viable ingame. Her non-health, resulting to no armor make here really weak against everything and abilities dont give her CC to balance.

Edited by lukinu_u

4 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

He maxed shield would be 3240 and not 4440 because (1+4.4)x600=4.
I thing she should have at least 1HP for game logic.

The idea of warframe without healh how Inaros and Nidus dont have shield is not bad but cause too many problem and isn't really viable ingame. Her non-health, resulting to no armor make here really weak against everything and abilities dont give her CC to balance.

youre forgetting to add the rest of the shield
and im ignoring the game logic part

and i completely forgot about CC lmao

So uhm.... No HP?

So basicly you cant fight against infested?

I know you said that those dmg would go to shield but does that not make shield just like hp? only armor wont effect it?

Nah thanks, I need those for those easy tile's for nano spore farming :sadcry:

Edited by Defion

Just now, Defion said:

So uhm.... No HP?

So basicly you cant fight against infested?

Nah thanks, I need those for those easy tile's for nano spore farming :sadcry:

35 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

4 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

you sneaky little edit ninja lol

shields are affected by those damage types less than health is
i'd also add an extra reduction to them because living

The problem with your idea is the need of changing how the game work.
If you want a shield that take poison damage, make her health recharging after a certain amount of time and give her 0 armor will probably work better.

3 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

you sneaky little edit ninja lol

shields are affected by those damage types less than health is
i'd also add an extra reduction to them because living

I learned those ninja edit skills in space....

But I still not get it, toxic normaly bypass shield and goes for hp, your frame makes it go for the shield right?

So you mean that the toxic just does little less dmg to shield? How would lets say a Mutalist Osprey toxic fart effect the shield?

I like hp cause with armor it is drained alot slower then normal.

1 minute ago, lukinu_u said:

The problem with your idea is the need of changing how the game work.
If you want a shield that take poison damage, make her health recharging after a certain amount of time and give her 0 armor will probably work better.

its just for funsies, im not too worried about actually making it a fully functional frame in engine

1 minute ago, Defion said:

I learned those ninja edit skills in space....

But I still not get it, toxic normaly bypass shield and goes for hp, your frame makes it go for the shield right?

So you mean that the toxic just does little less dmg to shield? How would lets say a Mutalist Osprey toxic fart effect the shield?

I like hp cause with armor it is drained alot slower then normal.

damage would be passed to the shield and reduced

8 hours ago, CandyManCriminal said:

Name - Celestine 

Health - 0
Shield Base - 800
Energy - 262.5
Armor - 0
Shield Recharge - 37.5
Sprint - 1.15

(if the ally has no shield, they are healed instead (Inaros + Nidus))

1 - 
Cost - 25
Strength - 10 / 13 / 16 / 19
Celestine drains 6% / 9% / 12% / 15% of her shield and attaches it to target (area, enemy, ally)

if attached to an enemy it and all nearby enemies will take damage (shield drained * Strength)
over time (modified by duration) enemies being damaged are slowed 6% / 9% / 12% / 15%

2 - 
Cost - 45
Duration - N/A
Strength - 13 / 18 / 23 / 28

when used with her 3 and/or 4 the percent of shield taken results in a higher
number and thus higher damage, also has CC

3 - 
Cost - 70
Range - N/A (Self cast)
Strength - 250 / 300 / 400 / 550
and becomes overcharged (modified by strength)

improves survivability
the overcharge will remain after the protoshield ends
if she is missing more shield than she gains overshield her normal shield is restored that amount instead

4 - 
Cost - 25/s  (Channeled)
Duration - N/A 
Celestine's base shield is increased (modified by strength) and absorbs 

improves everyone's survivability

Old write up

Reveal hidden contents

Name - Celestine 

Health - 0
Shield Base - 600
Shield Max - 1800 (4440 with maxed redirection)
Energy - 262.5
Armor - 0
Shield Recharge - 37.5
Sprint - 1.15

1 - 
Cost - 25
Range - 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 (Cast on ally)
Duration - N/A
Strength - 100% / 80% / 60% / 40%
Celestine's cut her own shield by a percent (modified by strength) of how much
is missing from target ally's shield and that ally's shield is recharged to full

2 - 
Cost - 45
Duration - N/A
Strength - 19% / 16% / 13% / 10%
Celestine's shield explodes, removing a portion of her shield and using that

3 - 
Cost - 70
Range - N/A (Self cast)
Strength - N/A

4 - 
Cost - 25/s  (Channeled)
Duration - N/A 
Celestine's shield becomes overcharged (modified by strength) and absorbs 

and obviously instead of going down when health reaches 0, she goes down when shield is depleted

i math'd out some of the abilities, but most of it was just ballpark guesswork because im lazy
and dont care enough about something that isnt actually gunna happen
which is also why the abilities dont have names and the balance is pretty much non-existent 

i just wanted to have some fun and mess around

this looks awesome, i don't play support class much but would totally play this frame :P

+1 for backwards Inaros build

At first glance Celestine seems to be needing synergy and seems redundant, but I think it's quite the opposite. In comparison it's like how people love to use Trinity mostly for energy, except Celestine is focused more on the teams shields (and I know I know Trinity restores health and shields too). However a build focused around Her 1 ability, I think would provide more synergy than most frames in this game. Maybe some tweaks may be needed here and there but overall I think You have a great concept.

Alt ability ideas

Passive: Celestine can have a third stack of shields. Celestine has 0 hp for all intents an purposes, and will fall if shields are depleted. She is immune to instant shield draining effects.

1: Single Target an enemy. enemy is prevented from moving or attacking. Cast on same enemy a second time to effect an AoE around the target (costs X% more energy).

2: Single target (ally or enemy) receives a high damage buff but takes more damage aswell (modding strength increases both damage done and taken)

3: For X seconds, all damage is negated, and X % taken is converted to shields. During casting enemies are taunted to fire at Celestine.

4: Celestine creates a large, flat shield, which expands from her position outwards a a quick pace. The shield deals high damage to enemies. Allies in the AoE gain shields equal to the damage done, divided by number of allies (including Celestine).

Idea here is to bring some more synergy to abilities, while also making each ability feel distinct, and make Celestine feel more defined as a frame. The passive gives here the ability to play quite a tanky role if played right.

The first ability works well with the second, allowing her to pin a tough enemy, the cause it to take more damage without worring about return damage. The second cast hives some much needed CC.

The second ability works well with first and third, allowing her to buff an enemies damage to then adsorb more shield. It can also be used to buff an ally, negating the increased damage by the third abilities taunt.

The third ability is designed to be a quick cast life saver, but the time should be somewhat short. Also, the enemies will focus on Celestine during its activation, so caution is needed once the ability times out. Modding should see some interesting min/max applications.

The final ability give Celestine its only damage capable skill, but also some useful team buffing. It has good synergy with all other powers. the first can be used to pin enemies in place to make a larger group of enemies. The second can make an enemy take more damage from the forth, and thus more shield restore. The third can shield her allowing her to get in the thick of the fight to unleash her AoE.

Hope this gives some thoughts to your own abilities. I dont think my own are perfect, just another point of view XD

2 hours ago, CrazyFugee said:

At first glance Celestine seems to be needing synergy and seems redundant, but I think it's quite the opposite. In comparison it's like how people love to use Trinity mostly for energy, except Celestine is focused more on the teams shields (and I know I know Trinity restores health and shields too). However a build focused around Her 1 ability, I think would provide more synergy than most frames in this game. Maybe some tweaks may be needed here and there but overall I think You have a great concept.

Bear in mind that trinity will eventually get a re-work, and that most new frames have some focus on the synergy between powers. Many reworked frames do aswell. New frames wont be designed with the older ones in mind.

11 hours ago, Audreth said:

this looks awesome, i don't play support class much but would totally play this frame :P

+1 for backwards Inaros build

Dont think you need to quote the entire post XD

You could always post without it, the OP still gets the notification.

5 hours ago, CrazyFugee said:

thanks, and i do plan on more tweaks 

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

Alt ability ideas

Passive: Celestine can have a third stack of shields. Celestine has 0 hp for all intents an purposes, and will fall if shields are depleted. She is immune to instant shield draining effects.

1: Single Target an enemy. enemy is prevented from moving or attacking. Cast on same enemy a second time to effect an AoE around the target (costs X% more energy).

2: Single target (ally or enemy) receives a high damage buff but takes more damage aswell (modding strength increases both damage done and taken)

3: For X seconds, all damage is negated, and X % taken is converted to shields. During casting enemies are taunted to fire at Celestine.

4: Celestine creates a large, flat shield, which expands from her position outwards a a quick pace. The shield deals high damage to enemies. Allies in the AoE gain shields equal to the damage done, divided by number of allies (including Celestine).

Idea here is to bring some more synergy to abilities, while also making each ability feel distinct, and make Celestine feel more defined as a frame. The passive gives here the ability to play quite a tanky role if played right.

The first ability works well with the second, allowing her to pin a tough enemy, the cause it to take more damage without worring about return damage. The second cast hives some much needed CC.

The second ability works well with first and third, allowing her to buff an enemies damage to then adsorb more shield. It can also be used to buff an ally, negating the increased damage by the third abilities taunt.

The third ability is designed to be a quick cast life saver, but the time should be somewhat short. Also, the enemies will focus on Celestine during its activation, so caution is needed once the ability times out. Modding should see some interesting min/max applications.

The final ability give Celestine its only damage capable skill, but also some useful team buffing. It has good synergy with all other powers. the first can be used to pin enemies in place to make a larger group of enemies. The second can make an enemy take more damage from the forth, and thus more shield restore. The third can shield her allowing her to get in the thick of the fight to unleash her AoE.

Hope this gives some thoughts to your own abilities. I dont think my own are perfect, just another point of view XD

theres some solid stuff in here, i do still prefer mine, but imma try to splice some of this in
thank you for the very detailed feedback