Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My personal Apology to the Fans

IgnusDei

7 minutes ago, Ternski said:

DE did not "disrespect' his design. They added some changes, which barely made the skin visaully better/worse, because, I'm pretty sure, they had a reason for that. (Like, the polygon count on the model/easier modelling, etc.)

Such behaviour shouldn't be tolerated. He was doing his JOB. If you aren't ready to do the job - don't even try to, or it will lead to unnecessary drama like we have now.

DE hired the guy to use his creative designs. It seems like they made the changes without the artist consent and showed it to the public (devstream). Cmon that is disrespectfull. I am aware of things like polygon count. Altering the design in embers case isnt relevant with that. All they could do is simplify the model during the execution. But they go ahead and add their own twist. As an artist I would be dissapointed as well if that happened to me.

Pretty damn ironic how most of you got hyped the moment they revealed Ember's deluxe during the stream, but now are bashing and hating on DE simply because of minor changes made to better fit certain frame proportions and the game in general, not to mention technical aspects.

Unfortunately this forum is public, it allows people with zero knowledge about game design or how the industry works to emit completely biased, emotional and nonsensical opinions.

With that said, best of luck to you, IgnusDei.

1 hour ago, -eTSi-Joshdirect said:

The blade on the helm and tumor skirt was pretty iffy and unnecessary from the start, for me, ever since it was previewed during the devstream, and I haven't seen the original concept at this point. 

As much as people would want DE to change the skin back to the original concept, they have been mostly stubborn with their decisions and will continue on with their current design. Even if everyone gets DE to use the original, they would most likely go half way like they always do. Worst possibility is they will completely change it to show their persistence or not release the skin at all.  

Also asking for IgnusDei to try to patch things up with DE may only affect him more negatively, especially if the problem would only continue to persist. This would only be torture for him to stay.

I'd prefer IgnusDei went than had another opportunity back. Not against him but I feel this is only a starting point for more stress for him if he continued staying there. His views and DE's obviously seem to conflict and i'd rather he not work with people while feeling threatened he might get kicked off again for speaking up about things he's not liking.

I'm sure in his contract his work contributed to DE was no doubt their property too so they could do whatever with it. And i'm sure a few people will feel the changes made are disrespectful to the artist (I'm close friends with a artist who was previously bothered by edits done on his work by people he was paid to draw for). However if IgnusDei has a problem with the decisions DE is making its only best he stays far away from it and not continue contributing further. Even if it means we miss out.

Personally I feel he can find a better job with better people.

Edited by VermillionScourge

8 minutes ago, kubbi said:

DE hired the guy to use his creative designs. It seems like they made the changes without the artist consent and showed it to the public (devstream). Cmon that is disrespectfull. I am aware of things like polygon count. Altering the design in embers case isnt relevant with that. All they could do is simplify the model during the execution. But they go ahead and add their own twist. As an artist I would be dissapointed as well if that happened to me.

That is NOT disrespectfull. I am an artist and something like that will never offend me, because it's my JOB.
I am really surprised DE use his designs for so long with that attitude.

Edited by Ternski

8 minutes ago, Polterghozt said:

Pretty damn ironic how most of you got hyped the moment they revealed Ember's deluxe during the stream, but now are bashing and hating on DE simply because of minor changes made to better fit certain frame proportions and the game in general, not to mention technical aspects.

Unfortunately this forum is public, it allows people with zero knowledge about game design or how the industry works to emit completely biased, emotional and nonsensical opinions.

well, the devstream only showed the altered design.

now after seing the original one, most of us think that the changes look stupid.

Edited by LazerusKI

17 minutes ago, LazerusKI said:

then make it a flame or so, but not a knife.

the thing that bothers me most is the strapon

If you would take care to give the edited version another glance, you would actually see that this is not "a strapon" or a "skirt", but actually a part of her shirt (is that a shirt? More like a blouse? Hell if I know, I'm bad with woman clothing, lol), that is made to look like a smoke. You're wierd, man :D

17 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

You're one of my favourite artists for DE but I hope you find something that fits you better & I will be continuing to check your art out.

Altered version is a little more cluttered with a bracer on the arm, a headblade & trim on the shirt which adds more polygons than the initial design.

You really didn't try modelling once, I guess. The blade can literally be made with 10 polygons because of it's "triangle" nature, while details and volume on models like these are usually added with bumpmap texturing, so the polygon count remain relatively low. I'm not a professional artist, of course, I just have a hunch that's the case.

What really "reduced" the polycount on the future model, I guess, is merging all of the small detail, as in all those sharp spikes and stuff.

Not to mention, at this point it's all just a speculation, since there's no actual model to be seen.

Would be really~ great to hear some input from DE.

Edited by LeCauchemare

2 minutes ago, LazerusKI said:

well, the devstream only showed the altered design.

now after seing the original one, most of us think that the changes look stupid.

as i said, why the hell does she have a strapon?!

All this time i couldn't understand what "strapon" are you talking about. Wow... That is smoke, man

6 minutes ago, Ternski said:

That is NOT disrespectfull. I am an artist and something like that will never offend me, because it's my JOB.
I am really surprised DE use his designs for so long with that attitude.

Well a passionate artist would consider it disrespectfull. Not saying you arent. I guess people have different views.

1 minute ago, Ternski said:

All this time i couldn't understand what "strapon" are you talking about. Wow... That is smoke, man

I think they're talking about the dress at the hip.  or maybe the blade on the head. Those are the only two additions de made.  Imo seems like this guy is just trying to have an excuse to be angry. The artist knew he messed up and no other artist would do what he did. Too bad, he can still draw maybe find another employer or be free to draw a different style. Despite telling people not to get angry by the artist himself, players just don't seem to get the message. 

8 minutes ago, LeCauchemare said:

If you would take care to give the edited version another glance, you would actually see that this is not "a strapon" or a "skirt", but actually a part of her shirt (is that a shirt? More like a blouse? Hell if I know, I'm bad with woman clothing, lol), that is made to look like a smoke. You're wierd, man :D

You really didn't try modelling once, I guess. The blade can literally be made with 10 polygons because of it's "triangle" nature, while details on models like these are usually added with bumpmap texturing, so the polygon count remain relatively low. I'm not a professional artist, of course, I just have a hunch that's the case.

What really "reduced" the polycount on the future model, I guess, is merging all of the small detail, as in all those sharp spikes and stuff.

Not to mention, at this point it's all just a speculation, since there's no actual model to be seen.

Would be really~ great to hear some input from DE.

to me it looks more like the white part is "one connected piece" (like Novas eggshell), not different layers. the dark pieces look like they are on top of the white ones, so the "smoke" looks like a strapon there, not a divider for a shirt.

just like the blade it looks like it doesnt belong there

http://imgur.com/a/9uWlv

Edited by LazerusKI

1 minute ago, LazerusKI said:

to me it looks more like the white part is "one connected piece", not different layers. the dark pieces look like they are on top of the white ones, so the "smoke" looks like a strapon there, not a divider for a shirt.

That doesn't look right in the slightest, mate. Like, honestly, those obviously are separate layers. Mainly because it doesn't make any sense otherwise, which shouldn't be the case.

2 minutes ago, LazerusKI said:

to me it looks more like the white part is "one connected piece", not different layers. the dark pieces look like they are on top of the white ones, so the "smoke" looks like a strapon there, not a divider for a shirt.

That sounds more like your dirty mind than anything else. Also darker colours are more in the background when it comes to perspective, so it's always implied that the lighter part stuck out more as lighter colours are closer. To say that it's the other way around just says you're trying to make this out to be more perverted than necessary. 

13 minutes ago, Polterghozt said:

I was more hyped she was getting a skin not really enticed for the skin itself because I knew a things on the design were off. Now it turns out they were edited from someones design its put me off completely.

I'm not really one to buy content that feels like the equivalent of a DeviantArt edit. Especially if it costs someone their job.

7 minutes ago, kubbi said:

Well a passionate artist would consider it disrespectfull. Not saying you arent. I guess people have different views.

I am. But i also can divide my job and things I'm doing for myself.
Such minor changes do not change the design at all. Everything remained almost exactly the same.
I don't see ANY reasons for all this drama.

Edited by Ternski

2 minutes ago, LeCauchemare said:

That doesn't look right in the slightest, mate. Like, honestly, those obviously are separate layers. Mainly because it doesn't make any sense otherwise, which shouldn't be the case.

well, where is the seperation then?

its one texture, the same color, even the lines are connected all the way down, only broken by the dark smokey overlay pieces

Edited by LazerusKI

Just now, VermillionScourge said:

I was more hyped she was getting a skin not really enticed for the skin itself because I knew a things on the design were off. Now it turns out they were edited from someones design its put me off completely.

I'm not really one to buy content that feels like the equivalent of a DeviantArt edit. Especially if it costs someone their job.

You know, seeing all the DeviantArt/Twitter/Facebook drama I've seen in my life, I have a feeling that either we're not being told everything, or someone tries to look like a victim :^)

Just now, Ternski said:

Let's be honest, i think most of us will buy this skin as soon as it will be released.

More like most of the consumer base since not everyone looks at the forums or even glances at anything behind the curtains.

The 26 million joke is starting to feel less of a joke.

DISCLAIMER: I understand full well that the original artist and others may be frustrated over changing the concept, but.. it's just that; a concept. It takes many stages to come to a final product, especially so when the design gets passed over from an outside source.    

Let's go over the changes:  

They fixed the proportion of the left arm and the groin area.  
They also simplified the torso, removing what they felt were some excess lines.  

They then smoothed out the corrupted parts, likely due to how many small bits like that could make the final model tougher to make properly, meaning they might not be able to live up to the original concept. I believe this was the same reason why Banshee's skin didn't have the thin and ghostly dress, which was what killed the skin in her case.  
With the corrupted elbow, I DON'T think they went in the right direction here.. They could have kept it spikey while making it simpler to model. 

As for the blade on her helmet, Ember has always had something on her head, which makes sense of why DE added it. I personally like DE's version of the helmet.  

I really DON'T like how they added a clothing element on her hip. I suppose they wanted to stray away from matching Nova's silhouette with this skin, but I really preferred the original transition here...  

In the end, I feel that the decisions DE made were quite logical, just that the execution could have been better, specifically with the corrupt elbow and the white hip's dress flap. Those seem like overly excessive changes.   
Again, I feel for the artist and the fans, but also I understand why DE changed what they did.   

The designs for Rhino, Trinity, and Ash, and Oberon were adapted perfectly. They even went as far as letting Trinity and Oberon keep their small feet, something that after the fiasco with the Valkyr concept, I thought would have never made it through.  
Loki's entire skin proportions, and what happened to Banshee's torso/dress were very unfortunate.. but they were mostly different in terms of an awkward adaption into 3D.  
Provided they do end up making it into the game; Deluxe Frost shouldn't need any changes based on the concept, but I could see Mag's hands and the floating pieces by her hips seeing changed to simplify them.  

Please don't turn DE into a villain over this, and inversely, treat the original artist with respect and understand their situation.

Edited by Flackenstien

4 minutes ago, LeCauchemare said:

You know, seeing all the DeviantArt/Twitter/Facebook drama I've seen in my life, I have a feeling that either we're not being told everything, or someone tries to look like a victim :^)

Well DE has yet to open their mouth about the matter.

Y'know.  I saw a lot of people asking "Why the horn?"  And I can honestly say this:  More than likely it's to keep with the trend of Ember's helmets.  Every single one has had a weird mohawk/edge thing on the top of the head.  Given that, it's probly they wanted to stick to that style, for whatever reason, we don't know, and to that end, it honestly doesn't even look that bad.  It'd probly especially look a lot better once it was ported into the game.

Either way, I don't know why you'd bash heads over such an insignificant thing, especially when you had something going on that was pretty sweet.  I'm also not sure why people are blaming DE for this, it's their game, and the changes they made were relatively VERY minor, of course they're going to want to not work with you if you freaked out over something like this.

2 minutes ago, xFrostKnightx said:

That sounds more like your dirty mind than anything else. Also darker colours are more in the background when it comes to perspective, so it's always implied that the lighter part stuck out more as lighter colours are closer. To say that it's the other way around just says you're trying to make this out to be more perverted than necessary. 

maybe, but in this case everything that is dark has more "mass" than the white parts. the dark shoulder is pointy while the white one is round, the texture on her arms look like cold magma or so that is on top of a white skintight suit, not underneath it.
the white parts wouldnt fit above the dark ones. so it looks like the smoke and magma stuff is on top of it. it has nothing to do with the color here.

if that smoke-piece would be in a different angle, like down the lag and not "there" it would look completely different. but this way it looks like it is attached "there" and wrapped around her.

of course its a 2D drawing, there could be empty space between that smoke and her suit, so it wouldnt be attached at all. it could also be really smoke and not a solid mass, no one knows. but in this concept it looks very very weird

Just now, VermillionScourge said:

More like most of the consumer base since not everyone looks at the forums or even glances at anything behind the curtains.

The 26 million joke is starting to feel less of a joke.

When DE showed this concept on stream most people was like WOW this is so cool! And it is. I don't care was it better before or not. It looks cool, I will buy it.

I think many people will agree with me.

1 minute ago, Ternski said:

When DE showed this concept on stream most people was like WOW this is so cool! And it is. I don't care was it better before or not. It looks cool, I will buy it.

I think many people will agree with me.

Yup. I didn't hate, but i didn't like the design either and seeing the previous version i still don't like/hate it. It's just ok.  I'll still get it, but i was hoping the skin would be a little more phoenix like.