Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Solstice Salix Syandana color-zone feedback

Jackviator

This new Syandana is beautiful, but there's just one problem:

Most attachments use the "Accents" portion of the color customizer to color the metallic/shiny elements of the armor/syandana in question. That remains the case with the Solstice Salix Syandana, but when customizing it the Accents portion also colors a large chunk of the syandana's cloth as well.

See below:

34D06AD187110F65FC309084C1FC561AF0AA6B9E

Let's say I wanted to color the metallic rims of my Ki'Teer Shoulder Plates a brass/gold. If I did that, while it would admittedly add a brassy gold to 2 the cape's 3 metallic portions, it would also color the majority of the Syandana a bright yellow/orange, which looks rather garish/out of place when compared to the rest of my attachments. If I want to have a non-garish looking Syandana, I have to give up coloring the metallic portion on the rest of my attachments the colors I want, and instead opt for what would look best on those sections of cloth.

Edit: In addition to this, the third metallic element at the bottom of the cloak is a weird mashup of Tertiary and Accent colors, as pointed out to me in the comments.

My proposed solution to this: group all 3 metallic portions of the cloak into the "Accents" section, and set the large section of cloth that is currently covered by the Accents section to be covered by the "Tertiary" section, which (at the moment) only colors in the metallic portion of the cloak at the bottom.

This, in my opinion, would lead to more freedom of coloration (especially of the metallic elements of the Syandana and other attachments) and lead to better #FashionFrame overall.

Edited by Jackviator

This isn't the only problem with the syandana's coloring. The metallic parts are actually on different channels. The one by the collar is on the accents channel while the rim of the cape actually uses a blend of the tertiary and secondary channels. This syandana is all kinds of messed up and should be fixed.

Edited by Vrcross

28 minutes ago, Vrcross said:

This isn't the only problem with the syandana's coloring. The metallic parts are actually on different channels. The one by the color is on the accents channel while the rim of the cape actually uses a blend of the tertiary and secondary channels. This syandana is all kinds of messed up and should be fixed.

Oh dang I didn't even notice that... yeah DE this thing's colors need to be fixed overall.

spwurBa.jpg7etTDjL.jpg

Was just going to make a post about the color channels being messed up, so I'll toss my images here. I love both the armor and the syandana, but they don't even blend well with each other. On top of that, the metal on the syandana is split between Tertiary and Accents, when Tertiary should be the large silver portion of the syandana and Accents should be the shiny metal bits. It would pull the syandana more in line with the armor's channels and make a more cohesive piece.

3 hours ago, Vrcross said:

The metallic parts are actually on different channels. The one by the collar is on the accents channel while the rim of the cape actually uses a blend of the tertiary and secondary channels.

11 minutes ago, BlaineKodos said:

On top of that, the metal on the syandana is split between Tertiary and Accents, when Tertiary should be the large silver portion of the syandana and Accents should be the shiny metal bits. It would pull the syandana more in line with the armor's channels and make a more cohesive piece.

Edited the proposed solution in the OP to also address the problems of the Tertiary portion of the Syandana, which at the time I was unaware of.

• 1 month later...