Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Color

Cursor

Okay, so I love power color picking.  It's great, no mistake.  But I have a few problems with it.

Obviously this is the first shot at it and the system is pretty rudimentary, and this shows up in a few ways.  First of all, it being tied to lights color.  That mostly makes sense, but losing control of that for the sake of power coloring kind of sucks.

Second, particle colors.  For Volt, it's really cool.  For Ash and Frost, it's kind of weird.

Third, to have this pick from our normal pallet was not a smart move.  A lot of options are just too light, too dark, too vibrant, or just weird.

So my suggestion: make an additional, separate color picker for powers, and have it pick from a much smaller range of colors that is distinct from normal armor swatches.  This way, players will retain the same control they enjoyed over frame appearance before this addition, and the bizarre color options for powers won't be so much of a problem.

While this is a good idea it's also with noting that they don't work entirely or sometimes at all off-host.

But yes, this is most definitely a good idea nevertheless, altough not sure what to think on the color restriction.

Edited by RahuStalker

two split options would be nice.

not sure about the color restriction. if you dont lie, dont use? some might like it bizarre.

The problem is that other people will use and I can see that S#&$. :B

While this is a good idea it's also with noting that they don't work entirely or sometimes at all off-host.

But yes, this is most definitely a good idea nevertheless, altough not sure what to think on the color restriction.

That'll probably be fixed with time.

The problem is that the color pallets we have access to weren't exactly designed with particle effects in mind and it shows.  Some are extremely vibrant or just have a weird value when used with powers.

+1 for the option to choose light colours for the frame and colours for the powers separately. Also it would be cool to choose a separate colour for any laser type weapon projectiles from power colours.

Bizarre is great. I think that my Ember's blue-hot flames are awesome, but it does seem a bit buggy right now. The flames don't seem to be as dense as before (think campfire instead of inferno) and this is possibly something to do with the particle colouring.

Perhaps starting this out with a reduced selection of primary colours would be a good thing. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, black (possibly a couple of others with dark/bright/medium luminosity) should be sufficient. The particle effects already contain a large number of colours (fire has red/orange/yellow/white for example) so perhaps having a single "energy" colour chosen from the whole palette is causing visual glitches for me.

Black flames might be awesome, purple lightening, brown smoke bomb, yellow snow globes (LOL) could all have their place, but I think this power colouring feels a bit alpha and needs some work and possibly a smaller palette than the suit colours.

Edited by FractalMind

Only in Warframe do players complain about other players having options.

I hope they keep it the way it is. IT IS AWESOME.

Pretty sure most here don't want it completely removed, just separated. This wouldn't adversely affect you 

Thanks for the feedback. A change this big will definitely have some issues; Frost for instance, I'm not happy with his effects now, I'll be giving him some love (weaving some energy-type effects into the white snow). As for limiting the colour palette, it's something we're considering, but for the time being we want to see how this plays out, so let us know how your own matches turn out (too much pink out there?).

Also, purple on Ember = tasty.

Enjoy!

Go into a match with my friend for the first time after the patch and I immediately hear "Holy frak is that fire GREEEN? It took WoW 7 years to do that." over TS

Also...Its a frakin rainbow....ME EYEEES ARE BLEEDING!!!!

Thanks for the feedback. A change this big will definitely have some issues; Frost for instance, I'm not happy with his effects now, I'll be giving him some love (weaving some energy-type effects into the white snow). As for limiting the colour palette, it's something we're considering, but for the time being we want to see how this plays out, so let us know how your own matches turn out (too much pink out there?).

Enjoy!

That Frost idea sounds pretty sweet, I look forward to seeing how that works out.

As for limiting color options, I humbly request that you please don't do that. My clan and I are really digging all the options available to us atm, and I think it would be kind of backwards to place a restriction on this sort of thing.

The 2 best suggestions I've seen so far are a toggle option between vanilla/user defined power colors, and a new color slot for warframes that defines their power color independantly from their armor energy color.

My suggestion would be to make a hybrid of those ideas. Add the new power color slot to warframes. Like all the other color slots, this slot would have a default color for each warframe that would appear when you hit the "reset colors" button. This would be the default power color; orange fire for Ember, for example.

Then, add a graphics option for users that forces that default color on individual clients. So say I'm playing the game and I have an Ember in my group with pink fire. If I switched this option on, it would make my client display the default orange value instead, while whoever is playing that Ember still sees pink fire on their client.

Not sure how difficult that would be to implement, but it seems way better to me than cutting out a bunch of color options just because it bugs some people that I'll probably never play with.

Enjoy!

purple on saryn is also very nice, fits for the toxic theme.

frosts snow is indeed a little bit too...white.

Dark Red from the fire pattern looks nearly pink.

the same Red on vauban then looks realy realy nice, it has still the white core with tesla, but a red corona...very nice, love it.

in my opinion the very bright colors (like Infested, Saturated, and even some Ice colors) should be removed for abilitys , bright pink or green flames, lightnings or flashing bastilles...hurts my eyes :s

they also mess around with the glow effect, like on vaubans and volts lightnings. a bright pink or green will not only color the corona, it will also color the white inner part, the whole effect will be a pink beam. looks just ugly.

Edited by LazerusKI