Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Leveling loadout?

DoubleTheQ

I was told somewhere that the most efficient way to level something is to make it the only thing youre leveling. For example if I was leveling a melee weapon have a maxed out warframe and unequip every other weapon. Is this really the best way? And what is the best loadout for leveling a warframe? If possible it would be nice if I got an explanation too. Any reply helps. Thanks :)

Run the Oceanum Spy mission on Pluto with Loki/Ivara and the weapon you're leveling. 

Of course, you will have trouble killing enemies because your only defense is a low leveled weapon BUT the reward of doing the vaults undetected yeilds great xp.

With a booster you get 24,000 affinity for completing a vault undetected. Running with only one weapon channels all affinity into that weapon only.

I also forgot to mention: I only use this method if I need to level a gun that is ~5-10 levels short of 30. 

This isn't the best way, but it does work and you also get the chance of receiving a rare relic or dual stat mod or Ivara part.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

Affinity gained from syndicate explosions goes directly to your warframe so use a syndicate weapon when you are leveling warframe(as far as i know maybe it's changed). Also killing your enemies with ability also works the same way. Otherwise if you have only one weapon equipped %50 of affinity goes to your warframe and %50 goes to your equipped weapon.

Edited by CaptainDavian
some numbers

Here's how affinity works:

There is affinity from killing things yourself, and radiant affinity.

If you kill something yourself with a weapon, that weapon gets 50% of the affinity for the kill, and your warframe gets 50% of the affinity. If you kill something yourself with a Warframe power, 100% of the affinity goes to your warframe.

When you complete a mission objective like a spy vault or capture a tower in intercept, -or- any time an ally kills an enemy, you get radiant affinity. Radiant Affinity from ally kills is 100% of the kill.

Radiant affinity is applied to all equipped gear you have. 25% of radiant affinity goes to your Warframe. 75% of radiant affinity goes to all equipped weapons, split among them.  This means if you have 3 weapons, each weapon gets 25%, if you have two weapons, each gets 37.5%, if you have 1 weapon, it gets 75% of radiant affinity.

So, this means that when playing with a group where others will be making kills, then yes, it is faster to equip only the weapon you mean to level. If you are going solo or doing most of the killing yourself, than it doesn't really make a difference, except you may be in trouble if Stalker or other Assassins show up.

11 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Here's how affinity works:

There is affinity from killing things yourself, and radiant affinity.

If you kill something yourself with a weapon, that weapon gets 50% of the affinity for the kill, and your warframe gets 50% of the affinity. If you kill something yourself with a Warframe power, 100% of the affinity goes to your warframe.

When you complete a mission objective like a spy vault or capture a tower in intercept, -or- any time an ally kills an enemy, you get radiant affinity. Radiant Affinity from ally kills is 100% of the kill.

Radiant affinity is applied to all equipped gear you have. 25% of radiant affinity goes to your Warframe. 75% of radiant affinity goes to all equipped weapons, split among them.  This means if you have 3 weapons, each weapon gets 25%, if you have two weapons, each gets 37.5%, if you have 1 weapon, it gets 75% of radiant affinity.

So, this means that when playing with a group where others will be making kills, then yes, it is faster to equip only the weapon you mean to level. If you are going solo or doing most of the killing yourself, than it doesn't really make a difference, except you may be in trouble if Stalker or other Assassins show up.

This is pretty much everything you need to know, but I would like to add a few things:

Spy missions are very good when lvling solo + you can get relics and other nice stuff in there.

Getting stealth kills rewards you with additional affinity. You get 100% bonus affinity for your first stealth kill and you can stack this bonus up to 5 times for 500% bonus affinity. If you want to take advantage of this you should go solo and stealth frames or frames like equinox who can put enemies asleep are great to make sure you keep the stealth bonus.

personally I would recommend bringing just one powerful-ish weapon you have just in case an Assassin shows up, and leave the other slot empty. personally I like to theme my loadouts around the weapon I'm levelling. for example, when I level the Kesheg tomorrow, I'll bring Inaros and Twin Roggas as my Kuva guardian loadout. it keeps things interesting for me anyway.

For leveling weapons: bring Chroma and a Secura Lecta backup.   Since you're going to Akkad you might as well make some extra credits.

If you are a high level and the weapon is good, bring it to sortie.  Yesterday I brought Mirage and a level 0 Zarr to all three sorties and outscored a Synoid Simulor Mirage every time (although I did blow myself up alot).  Of course I'm level 22 so I was able to pack a ton of mods on there.

For leveling crappy primaries, bring a really good pistol like the Vaykor Marelok with some elemental damage on it in case Stalker shows up.

For leveling frames, I put on as many shield, health, and armor mods as I can, even if they won't be in the final build.  Just rely on your weapons until your powers are more useable.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone