The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid rework concept and Discussion

Chocobolos

So It's been bothering that the god of all Warframe's we love, Hydroid does not get enough play time compared to there frame's. And to be honest we know why. he lacks survivability and does not really input anything to a team. The only real use I get out of him is semi afk (lazy) farming,from his mighty puddle. This whole concept is nice but in my opinion it's cancerus.

So Here is where i think they can rework his kit a bit to make it healthy and more fun for the community. 

1. Remove his puddle as a ability and convert it to his passive. Where as when he is down he become a puddle. which it acts like Inaro's down passive with the same concept.

2. with the ability open give him a defensive ability which i Think liquid body. where projectile's will now pass through through him and inflict reduce damage. and any projectile that has went through Hydroid will inflict same amount of damage he took to his ally. Of course dev's could work out minor detail's like blast and other aoe type's of damage.

3. Remove his shield and make him a health based frame. and add health restore to some of his kit like tidal surge.

granted take all of this with a grain of salt, And many of you will say this come's off as a Inaro's rip off. Which is why i wanted to see if the community could add their 2 cent to this.  Thanks in advance if you guys like this idea lets see if the dev's could make this dream come true!2

I like the idea about liquid body, sounds cool.

He surely needs a rework. Tentacles number should scale with strength or be more controllable, being the puddle should make him completely invulnerable, scale with range and deal more damage/or leave possibility to deal damage to the mobs inside. His 1 should be replaced. His 2 is ok.

He's getting dry without the love.

I think "Liquid body" should do a lil bit more...

1) Latest stealth killed enemy is memorised, and, when you cast "Liquid body", you take shape of that enemy.  While in enemy form you can only walk/run. If you perform any agressive action, you will lose enemy shape, but "Liquid body" will stay active.

2) "Liquid body" should steal elemental procs from ALL bullets that pass through it and contain them.

2.1)  If you crouch while LB is active, you turn into PUDDLE.   Enemies that fall into it get affected by all stored Status effects.

2.2)  If you end LB, all stored Status effects burst out, affecting enemies within 10 meter radius.

I'm a huge fan of Hydroid and I know we are rare because alot of people i speak to can't stand his plastic fat look. When he was supposed to be the Davey Jones of Warframe.

His kit really needs some love from the Devs and i actually like what you said. 

PS Inaros doesn't own the health only deal and it makes sense for Hydroid as well.  😊