The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving love to compantions and sentinels

cheshirekatt

I remember back in time when a warframes abilities where mods you had to find like every other mod. You had to power it up and fit it into every other mod...

It sucked and it was changed.

SO why hasn't our dogs and cats and sentinels given the same loving treatment?

when you get the new addition to your little family of voiceless NPCs they come with unranked ability mods. So now we have to deal with the same issue as back then ONLY now we have to deal with it with our support?

Can't we have them have the abilities pre learned like how we have with frames? As they level up they learn those abilities and then those abilities level up.

they would have to make a UI where you can toggle off/on and in which order your sentinel prioritizes abilities. Considering it took them a long time just to give us vacuum on every sentinel it's probably not going to happen for a long time IF they ever decided it was needed. Warframes don't have that problem since we use our abilities manually.

3 hours ago, cheshirekatt said:

SO why hasn't our dogs and cats and sentinels given the same loving treatment?

mod priority...I sure as hek do NOT want my sentinel firing at every little thing that shoots/hits me when it SHOULD be cloaking me

same with Companions...I want my kubrow to keep me cloaked if needed, not go charging off at the enemy (which they do most o the time anyways lol)

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

probably not gonna happen, but I'm wondering more when we're going to get that healer sentinel: that was like, many Devstreams ago, and we still have no idea if or when it'll ever appear. a shame because I really like it's concept, and I want a Tanking assistant bot lol.

It was probably scrapped and turned into Medi Ray.

Currently the sentinel precept mods pull double duty, setting AI priority for each ability according to the order in which it's installed.  They'd have to expand the UI to allow players to edit their companion AI without the mods.

That said, it'll be impossible to fit all maxed mods on a kubrow or kavat once their rivens are released, even more so with no precept mods (relatively low cost).

At the same time, there is currently a very much right and wrong way to set your companion precepts in order to make them function optimally.  It's not even a matter of preference, but a simple matter of fact that each precept has a specific priority level compared to others, and getting it wrong breaks it.  There's no reason why DE can't just set this stuff in stone and maybe give you the option to toggle some on or off.

Edited by Guest