Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers!!!!] Kuva Guardians turning permanently invisible

Sennera

A couple days ago I got smacked around by an invisible Kuva Guardian, much to my confusion. Since then I've had it occur multiple times, and I've made screenshots to post here:

Spoiler

KxCx62M.jpgIaUtF98.jpgNWN1Jgs.jpg

The last image is actually after I put a couple procs onto the invisible kuva guardian so he'll (she'll?) show up, though glow kinda ruins the effect a little.

I'm not sure if this is client-side only or not, but I suspect it somehow has to do with my Dirigia's corrosive Vulklok shooting them with a corrosive proc when they spawn in.

The corpses of things killed via corrosive disappear a couple seconds later, and the effect seems to apply to the still alive guardians if they're hit with a corrosive proc IMMEDIATELY after they've spawned..

Edit: New information!

The Kuva Guardians turned ME invisible this time and I still have no clue how it occured. Here are screenshots to show this:

Spoiler

qcxcS83.jpgTe3OBnm.jpgZEsRhIZ.jpg

The first image is me freshly transferencing, where my warframe's body glows with my energy color making it semi-visible for a moment.

The next image is me back in my body, though you can't tell because I'm completely invisible.

The last image is after swapping weapons, where my Soma Prime became visible again for the rest of the mission (though the sabotage mission broke thanks to buggy host migrations). I'd also asked to see if squad members could see me and they could, so it's client-side.

As an unrelated side note, being nothing but a floating gun looks really cool.

Edited by Sennera
More information

• 3 months later...

I'd noticed this was often happening when my Vulkar Wraith's New Loka syndicate blast went off and appeared to hit Kuva guardians with the corrosive proc. I ran a search and found @Squalobo's thread, who has identified that the Kuva Jester on the Guardian's shoulder applies the corrode (turn invisible) effect to the Guardian instead of the Jester when the Jester is killed by a corrosive proc'ing hit. This effect also applies to Warframes (and likely enemies/operators) when the Jester is clinging to them and hit with a Corrosive proc'ing killing blow.

No other effects (including channeling kills) appear to cause the invisibility.

I've recorded the issue here:

Spoiler

I apologise for the thread Nekros necro, but I figured this would be better than making a new thread, as it keeps all of the repro steps in one place.

Edited by Prof_Blocks_007