The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mod method of acquisition suggestion.

(PSN)Magician_NG

In it's current state...I don't care about riven mods.  At all.  But I get the feeling that DE wants me to care about riven mods.  However, as long as their acquisition is tied to RNGesus...I'll never care about them.

My recommendation? 

Pull riven mods out of the sortie reward table, let them be obtained once a day...every day, and make riven mods untradeable to curb player profit.  How about a three-mission-daily-quest on the new kuva fortress tileset?

Do you want players to adopt this system quickly?  Make it more accessible.

9 minutes ago, CCamp88 said:

Making them untradeable would hurt DE. No plat being used to trade them

Truth

But personally I think riven mods would be more accepted if they were more plentiful.

Unfortunately, making them more accessible would also drive down their trade value = less profit for DE.

So chances are good that my suggestion will be passed over regardless.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

In it's current state...I don't care about riven mods.  At all.  But I get the feeling that DE wants me to care about riven mods.  However, as long as their acquisition is tied to RNGesus...I'll never care about them.

My recommendation? 

Pull riven mods out of the sortie reward table, let them be obtained once a day...every day, and make riven mods untradeable to curb player profit.  How about a three-mission-daily-quest on the new kuva fortress tileset?

Do you want players to adopt this system quickly?  Make it more accessible.

I agree that having a way to get Riven mods depending on your skill/effort and not RNG would be good but I guess DE wont change that because it is a huge platinum catch right now.

Look DE has nothing with players behavior Pretty sure that DE intention was not.Riven traded between players would even go over 10k plat to 20 or 30 depending in trade between players going on.First day i saw Riven Veiled traded between some players for 500 plat lately it drooped down but still.Player Mentality has nothing to do with the developer.

Edited by Asherus

I agree that Riven acquisition in its current state is pretty bad, and about to get worse when Secondary, Shotgun and Melee get released. But making them a guaranteed thing and then untradeable is something that DE probably won't do. They like RNG too much. 

Here's an idea though - make each sortie tiered and have specific rewards to the tier. like Sortie 1 nets you a (Nitain x3, 2k endo, Forma, Lens) drop, Sortie 2 gets you (Greater Lens, Reactor, Catalyst, Exilus, 4k endo) drop and sortie and Sortie 3 gives you (Legendary Core, Riven mod of any class[Rifle, Shotgun, Secondary, Melee], 3-day booster, and like 8-10k endo). That way, DE still gets their RNG fix and we get a better sortie experience.

side note - wouldn't mind seeing a change to Riven unveiling. Proposed Change (once all weapon classes have Riven available) - upon receiving a Riven as a reward, you get a Riven Template. That Template can then be slotted onto any weapon and unveiled. the unveiled Riven would be for whatever class of weapon it was slotted onto (Rifle, Shotgun, Secondary, Melee)

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

I would welcome another way of getting rivens. Something similar to how you have once a week mission to get Clem bp and ayatan statue. As for making them untreatable that's just ridiculous. Its not like you are somehow being hurt by people selling and buying rivens. They also aren't that rare anymore. I have 6 I think and one of the is still veiled since I can't be bothered to go do the mission only to get a sentinel weapon or for a weapon i don't care about like the Harpak. Haven't done a sortie mission for a few days or maybe a week now or maybe I would have more. Can't be bothered.