Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

World Record ODS?

(PSN)Crixus044

Question

12 answers to this question

No one really does record runs for Infested. It's a matter of pride if nothing else.

These days the only way to make a statement is the Void or possibly Corpus.

The Void tends to be the standard. Defense being worth more brownie points than Survival.

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

No one really does record runs for Infested. It's a matter of pride if nothing else.

These days the only way to make a statement is the Void or possibly Corpus.

The Void tends to be the standard. Defense being worth more brownie points than Survival.

I see you're point, but both corpus and void are quite easy with the teams i use, and the only thing challenging is ultra level infested. That's why. What's the record for void?

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

I see you're point, but both corpus and void are quite easy with the teams i use, and the only thing challenging is ultra level infested. That's why. What's the record for void?

Corpus past lvl 140 are probably the most difficult faction in the game right now.. Unfair even. They're miles above Infested in terms of difficulty.

Infested can be trivialized with a single well played Nova, throw in a Nyx and they loose all their auras.

Void Survival is around 6 hours I think.

Void Defense is wave 136

If you want to make a record attempt you have to stream it and make a youtube video. Post it in appropriate places like here and reddit.

What's annoying about the T4 Defense record is my buddies and I went to lvl 1,725 T3 Defense like 3 years ago but didn't record anything, Wave 102 or 103 I think. Might have actually been a previous record holder at one point but no way to know or prove it. Leaderboards weren't a thing then either.

Records also have a shelf life, least IMO. Like the run we did years ago there were no Nullifiers so some would claim it was easier even if we did 1/2 the damage we do now. We were using weapons like Ogris and normal Soma. They change things often, add new units, add cheese like Arcanes and Focus. Nerf other things. There's not really a standard, it's just something to do. I'm an endurance runner so I just do 2-3 hour runs for fun. Gives me a reason to calculate damage numbers and theorycraft builds. I never vote to leave an endless mission, sucks most my clan don't play anymore.

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Corpus past lvl 140 are probably the most difficult faction in the game right now.. Unfair even. They're miles above Infested in terms of difficulty.

Infested can be trivialized with a single well played Nova, throw in a Nyx and they loose all their auras.

Void Survival is around 6 hours I think.

Void Defense is wave 136

If you want to make a record attempt you have to stream it and make a youtube video. Post it in appropriate places like here and reddit.

What's annoying about the T4 Defense record is my buddies and I went to lvl 1,725 T3 Defense like 3 years ago but didn't record anything, Wave 102 or 103 I think. Might have actually been a previous record holder at one point but no way to know or prove it. Leaderboards weren't a thing then either.

Records also have a shelf life, least IMO. Like the run we did years ago there were no Nullifiers so some would claim it was easier even if we did 1/2 the damage we do now. We were using weapons like Ogris and normal Soma. They change things often, add new units, add cheese like Arcanes and Focus. Nerf other things. There's not really a standard, it's just something to do. I'm an endurance runner so I just do 2-3 hour runs for fun. Gives me a reason to calculate damage numbers and theorycraft builds. I never vote to leave an endless mission, sucks most my clan don't play anymore.

I wish I had your kind of players on my ps4 clan. I'm the only guy that tries for these things. Usually i go solo, but I can only do so much on my own. Thank you for letting me know btw

A long while back I remember videos of defense and survival missions where the enemies were level 9999. They were like 8-12 hour long missions....so yeah. I'm not sure it was on ODS though. Back then, they had perfect comps to cheese mechanics and what not, but then again we have the same (naramon + convert lethality dagger + ivara + sleep arrow etc etc). I guess it just comes down to how patient you are slowly setting up finisher kills.

Some of the videos of crazy endurance runs, and there are crazier ones if you look hard enough:

2 hours ago, Coaa said:

A long while back I remember videos of defense and survival missions where the enemies were level 9999. They were like 8-12 hour long missions....so yeah. I'm not sure it was on ODS though. Back then, they had perfect comps to cheese mechanics and what not, but then again we have the same (naramon + convert lethality dagger + ivara + sleep arrow etc etc). I guess it just comes down to how patient you are slowly setting up finisher kills.

Some of the videos of crazy endurance runs, and there are crazier ones if you look hard enough:

Ah yes, back in the days where trinity was the true Goddess of warframe. When a dual zoren was the ultimate movement ability, and mag and Excalibur were the ultimate boss killer combo. Things have changed now. We may be overall more powerful now, but our tactics for ultimate power have been reduced, so that's why I want to set a modern day record. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Ah yes, back in the days where trinity was the true Goddess of warframe. When a dual zoren was the ultimate movement ability, and mag and Excalibur were the ultimate boss killer combo. Things have changed now. We may be overall more powerful now, but our tactics for ultimate power have been reduced, so that's why I want to set a modern day record. 

I really do recommend naramon but some do see it as cheesing too much. The biggest problem once you hit certain levels is just killing them so you can get life support. You could do ivara because you can maintain her stealth and use sleep arrow to sleep and finisher them.

I know equinox is really good for destroying very high levels due to how slash damage scales and her maim, but i'm pretty sure it requires a full team and constant energy being fed to you.

6 hours ago, Coaa said:

That's why Void Defense is considered the standard.

You can cheese survival far more easily. Even without Naramon things like a group of 4 Ash players using Arcane Trickery sets can go forever just spamming Fatal Teleport with little risk or effort. No brownie points in Survival if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

That's why Void Defense is considered the standard.

You can cheese survival far more easily. Even without Naramon things like a group of 4 Ash players using Arcane Trickery sets can go forever just spamming Fatal Teleport with little risk or effort. No brownie points in Survival if you ask me.

Funny, because I actually have a better defense team than a survival team lol What's the defense void record?

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044