Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sari/Winged Syandana Suggestions and Compromises

Akariteru

As much as I'm very happy about the fact that the Sari changes have been addressed by DE, I feel like, especially since there's a high chance we'll get more 'wing-like' syandanas through Tennogen, some sort of permanent system should be put in order to prevent issues like this.

I understand that the main complaint and argument for them being closed was that the wings were hindering view during missions, and as such I have some ideas that can allow for a compromise.

Option 1: Different triggers.
As far as [DE]Danielle's last post, this seems to be the most likely option. However, at the moment, the proposed times for the wings to open are in non-mission areas, and for the five seconds after a bulletjump. I feel that it should also open when an idle animation starts in-mission too (as if you're idling, there shouldn't be an issue with blocking view).

Option 2: Change based on Depth of Field.
The main issue with the open wings is visibility, however, from what I've seen from other people's experiences, this issue only persists when the user has their Depth of Field set at a low setting. Could it be implemented that the wings will automatically default to staying open if the Depth of Field is over a certain threshold (for example, 40%)?

Option 3: Give two versions of the Syandana.
On purchase, the user gets given two of the Syandana - one with the coding previously used for the Sari (Always open unless shooting/aiming/opening menu), and one with the current coding. They can use whichever they'd like and switch at will. (A system like the Dark Split-Sword is what I have in mind here).

Option 4: A toggle.
Incorporate a UI toggle or a gear toggle that allows the player to open/close the Syandana at will (by switching between the modes).
A UI toggle could be situated on the screen where you equip the Syandana, (Or in the Gameplay options alongside other cosmetic toggles such as Legacy Colours) while a Gear item could be added to the Inventory on purchase of the Syandana that also toggles between the animation modes.

I hope that one of these ideas will allow us to find a solution that solves not just Sari issues, but prevents a situation like this occuring with any larger Syandanas that can move in future.

Edited by -CG-CaramelSquid

Personally, I would love option 2 and option 4! I've got enough buttons on my mouse for it for new binds.

With the hotfix that just came, there's definitely still people, including myself, who would like these wings to be opened during missions. It's simply not enough for us narcissistic players who love admiring and designing our Warframes. Any of these changes would be greatly appreciated by all who bought this syandana.

Edited by Elichi

2 hours ago, Mirror96 said:

Shoot, I just realized something, ms. @[DE]Danielle, even though this new update was quite an improvement from our previous predicament, I fear that the lack of the toggle to leave them open or closed might give a bit of trouble, since the Tenno who didn't know about this issue might see the wings on the market and buy them thinking they will also stay open in mission, which might cause more general unhappiness, not wanting to push our luck regarding this, but perhaps trying to add a toggle for this might be a REALLY good idea, because.....well, let's face it, not everyone will check this forum page and know this issue with the syandana.........Sorry for the major inconvenience.....

This was brought up in another thread, but it's a valid point - now, there's going to be even more confusion.

I feel the hole community here is not happy some people liked these opened some want then to stay closed I personally liked them opened when i bought them they staid open so misleading for me yes, did i ask for refund yes. i believe a toggle is the only way to go to make EVERY ONE HAPPY

16 hours ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

I feel the hole community here is not happy some people liked these opened some want then to stay closed I personally liked them opened when i bought them they staid open so misleading for me yes, did i ask for refund yes. i believe a toggle is the only way to go to make EVERY ONE HAPPY

A toggle seems to be the most popular option. Considering that other Tennogen artists may make animated Syandanas in the future, a toggle near the Legacy Colour Palette option to universally apply the shape of the wings (eg: other people's wings will also show the same way), would be the most effective way to go.

• 2 weeks later...