Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is RJ used for anything anymore?

Chaos.Blades

Question

12 answers to this question

Radial javelin is not usefull anymore, (unless you have no high range melee or aoe guns that can fill that role). the damage is incredibly low and the stagger time is not worth it. You could just use blind everyone for 10 seconds and get more out of it with less energy.

2 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

Isn't Spores the meta on Bere now?

It works about as well, you stand in a slightly different spot. But I routinely use it when I'm not in the mood to play Saryn when I focus farm.

Works better than Banshee which everyone keeps using.

Edited by Gelkor

3 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

I ment as a cheese with EV like it was with Draco not as an every day thing.

Not as a cheese. Not as anything. There's no point in using it. It's functionally inferior to radial blind in almost every way. It stops movement, its damage is minimal, its stun is unreliable, it doesn't open enemies up to finishers, it can't be used during parkour movements like wall latches or bullet jumps and it has a long pre- and post-cast delay.

So no, it's not really used for anything except clearing low level trash.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

11 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Not as a cheese. Not as anything. There's no point in using it. It's functionally inferior to radial blind in almost every way. It stops movement, its damage is minimal, its stun is unreliable, it doesn't open enemies up to finishers, it can't be used during parkour movements like wall latches or bullet jumps and it has a long pre- and post-cast delay.

So no, it's not really used for anything except clearing low level trash.

This is literally exactly the oposite of what I was asking. Except for the first four words which you didn't elaborated on at all.

Ember is the low level trash frame.

14 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

It works about as well, you stand in a slightly different spot. But I routinely use it when I'm not in the mood to play Saryn when I focus farm.

Works better than Banshee which everyone keeps using.

Well since I don't have any forma on Sayrn and don't like playing her and only 1 forma away from top teir RJ build I might as well. Already have an RQ build so that gives me options. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

Well since I don't have any forma on Sayrn and don't like playing her and only 1 forma away from top teir RJ build I might as well. Already have an RQ build so that gives me options. Thanks!

Just stand on the tip of the pointy rock near the normal platform. This will allow you LoS to RJ both consoles at both B and D.

Edited by Gelkor

40 minutes ago, Chaos.Blades said:

This is literally exactly the oposite of what I was asking

It's literally exactly not. I answered your question, both in general and specifically about the cheese strat. It answers your question.

I also didn't say anything about him being a low level trash frame, so the Ember mention is meaningless. I said "it's not used for anything except low level trash". This is very clear in my comment which you are choosing not to read properly.

alternatively u can capture D and A on bere and shift slightly lower from pointy rock to kill S#&$ more reliably as far as i remember, basically u need LoS and u can have B and D if u stand right at the pointy rock or if u r a bit lower u can see A and D as well.

Rj usually nets about 850ish kills per slow round, which is ok'ish. 

If u like to stay with usual B and D routine, might want to ask people who are with you to keep an eye on B when u go for focus orb, caz LoS there is a bit of *@##$.