Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glast Gambit & Eris Salvage Farming...

Ninjamurai

So I was fairly excited for Nidus & all the things that came with this update. What I am not excited about is finding out that to build Nidus without buying him, not only do you have to beat his quest (Glast Gambit), but you ALSO have to farm his parts from an endless mission on Eris. With how easy it was to get Titania, I was un-pleasantly surprised to find this out.

So to start with, the quest is interesting enough, but not without its faults. The parts of the quest where you go to the colony & seal the doors are very un-optimized, My frame-rate is decent & stable on every other mission, but this mission (And the later Eris salvage mission) both have terrible frame-rates that only get worse with all the exploding infested guts everywhere. My computer is really getting behind the times, but I don't think that it's fair for 90% of the game to run fine, and then have a certain few levels run around only 10 FPS. The new infested/Myconian/whatever tile-sets really need to be cleaned up it seems. Other than performance issues, the quest is mostly fine overall besides smaller quality of life issues & occasional bugs.

Now onto the part where you actually get Nidus pieces... It. Is. Hell.

Not only is this new mission really confusing (It took me 2 rounds to even barely grasp what was going on), it's just so terrible in so many ways. The big room you have to decode stuff in is extremely un-optimized. I have to play this mission at around 10 FPS, even though the rest of the game runs at like, around 40. Not much is explained, or if it is, it just happens wayyy too quickly. By the time you understand what you're doing, you've already lost a terminal, or pissed your teammates off, or something. Then, the spawn & drop rates hit you, adding to the confusion. 90% of the infested would *only* spawn in the area near terminal A, 9% spawned near terminal C, and 1% spawned near terminal B. I tried camping B, but only 1 enemy would show up while the other terminals got dozens. B was lost, making the time to complete each rotation 1/3rd longer.

Overall, the new quest is Ok, though a little janky. But the new Eris mission is a jumbled mess. Even when you understand what's going on, and you put up with the un-optimized frame-rate, it's still so awful. You have to go through 4 rounds before you get a *chance* at *one* Nidus part??? I just don't get why Nidus has to be so extremely confusing, grindy, and overall terrible to obtain. Is he so overpowered that the immense unfair grind is worth it? Or is this just poorly thought out?

When Titania came out, all you had to do to obtain her was go pick some flowers, and then shoot at some guys who wanted to break some rocks. Done, you get Titania. This new quest, Glast Gambit, I would say is around the same length as the Titania quest (With around the same difficulty too, the index was boringly easy). But... You don't get Nidus, just his BP... I would understand if you could farm his parts from something fairly reasonable (like killing Juggernauts to get Nidus parts). But having to do some un-optimized, poorly thought out confusing mess of an endless mission is just a spit in the face. Why couldn't we get his parts *during* the Glast Gambit quest? All we got from the multitude of Index missions was some credits and some crayon pictures to hang on our walls. If we can't get him that way, can we either A: Get his parts from farming something more reasonable like Juggernaut drops, or B: Have this quest fixed to run at a decent frame-rate with much more fair rounds/drop rates?

I still want to earn Nidus, not just buy him. But if the game is going to put 101 barriers in the way of earning him, then why bother?

Edit: Also, does the Eris Salvage mission *really* make any sense??? Sure, you've got a nully-bubble that stops the infection from killing you & the terminals... But wait, why is the infection going after the terminals? On infested rescue, or any infested tile-set that has hackable terminals, the infestation does *not* try to break the terminals that are integral to the Tenno's success. Why is the infestation all of the sudden interested in breaking these 3 terminals that we're using to... Find hidden loot, or something...? It's such a weird take on an interception-type mission, and it doesn't make any sense to me lore wise.

Edited by Ninjamurai
Lore questions

A little extra feedback, outside of my big wall of text rant:

I'm still trying to play some more of the Salvage mission. Only problem is, every time I try to join, it gives me "Instance is full." Why it keeps trying to join me into full squads I do not know. Every time I do this it breaks the star chart somewhat, making me have to close it out and try again, so that's fun.

Then, I kept at it long enough to try and join, and eventually I found a squad that the game didn't kick me out of. Problem is, about 0.5 seconds into loading this mission, I guess my teammates failed. The mission failed before I could even properly join. Ok, whatever, it's not that big a deal right? Well, when this happened, an empty version of the "Mission Results" menu popped up, except it was empty with only the words "Text," "Menu Item 1," and "Menu Item 2" all bunched into the corners. This menu took away all of my controls except for chat. Sadly my new squad all left before I could tell them that they soft locked my game with their failure. lol. I had to restart the game because of this.

Overall 10/10 mission with absolutely nothing in need of change. /s

I usually give a pass to even the most egregious, game-breaking bugs because I love this game. But this mission is so buggy (Before you can even load into it) and it's just so poorly done.