Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalabur & Hirudo

silvershadow0099

Question

21 answers to this question

that you'd just make every exalted blade build player use hirudo because it frees up one modslot on the weapon due to not having to use life strike/healing return

and that is exactly the reason why weapon specific stuff doesn't work with eb, so people don't feel forced to use specific weapons with it

No, it should not.

And if you thought about it for even a second you'd come to the same conclusion.

Hirudos passive is already powerfull even with its tiny reach and you want to run around with perma critting, perma self healing and 50 meter reaching machine gun melee waves.

Edited by bubbabenali

39 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

No, it should not.

And if you thought about it for even a second you'd come to the same conclusion.

Hirudos passive is already powerfull even with its tiny reach and you want to run around with perma critting, perma self healing and 50 meter reaching machine gun melee waves.

ya know EB has a 15% crit chance which does not scale with blood rush....
and Hirudos passive is fixed healing , unlike life strike , where you just channel for 1 attack and get back to full health.....

also they reach a max of 40 meters and they dissipate alot.
and not just excal , but his would be good with ivara and titania  and other warframes who have exhaulted abilities.... getting unique passives from weapons to change the way you play.

26 minutes ago, silvershadow0099 said:

ya know EB has a 15% crit chance which does not scale with blood rush....
and Hirudos passive is fixed healing , unlike life strike , where you just channel for 1 attack and get back to full health.....

also they reach a max of 40 meters and they dissipate alot.
and not just excal , but his would be good with ivara and titania  and other warframes who have exhaulted abilities.... getting unique passives from weapons to change the way you play.

Thats 24% with true steel - more than enough to trigger on 40 meters with infinite punch trough.

As for the healing: with 15 seconds of healing per hit with up to 5 stacks it replenishes your life decently enough.

9 hours ago, wolf96781 said:

The weapon will take the effect of the mod (100% damage) but it will not take the syndicate effect. Check the wiki.

Syndicate mods don't work with exalted weapons at all since people were using Bright Purity for a ton of free Exalted Blade damage. It just made it so every Excalibur was running around with a Prisma/Skana when he was reworked and they quickly got rid of it. 

On 12/25/2016 at 3:46 AM, silvershadow0099 said:

yea it would be good if they changed it to take passives from the weapons

then it would be more interesting , fun and unique

No, that would be bad.

If EB worked this way, all melee weapons without a special power would become worthless.  It's another way of saying "If you're going to play Excalibur, then you must pick a weapon from this list - *all syndicate and special power weapons*  Prime melee weapons would be irrelevant, and you would remove weapon choice from the player's control or preference.

Want to use Galatine Prime?  Too bad, you're a scrub.  Want to use War?  You're stupid - that weapon has no special power.  Want to use Scindo Prime?  Well, you're playing Warframe wrong.

Currently, ALL weapons are valid choices for Excalibur.  Your proposed change would end that freedom.

4 hours ago, EvilKam said:

No, that would be bad.

If EB worked this way, all melee weapons without a special power would become worthless.  It's another way of saying "If you're going to play Excalibur, then you must pick a weapon from this list - *all syndicate and special power weapons*  Prime melee weapons would be irrelevant, and you would remove weapon choice from the player's control or preference.

Want to use Galatine Prime?  Too bad, you're a scrub.  Want to use War?  You're stupid - that weapon has no special power.  Want to use Scindo Prime?  Well, you're playing Warframe wrong.

Currently, ALL weapons are valid choices for Excalibur.  Your proposed change would end that freedom.

you know more weapons are bound to be released with special passives , and in not ONLY taking about excalabur.
In general like titania , ivara and mesa . those who rely on  weapon mods.

NOTHING bad would happen if the weapons passive ( not mod passive just the passive its self ) would work with the ability.

like Hemas healing passive work with Ivaras artimis , its not a bad change , it wont break the game.

what do you say to all the new weapons coming out with special ability ?
that did not make all the other weapons obsolete. only a couple have them , and there are bound to be many more . what will you do then ?
also the weapon on exal does not matter, BECAUSE THE MODS get shifted not weapon stats . if there were to happen THEN your argument would be valid.
for all you know you can equip what ever and his EB would sill perform the same. The weapon mods get transferred not the weapon stats , learn the game please .

Edited by silvershadow0099

On 12/27/2016 at 0:17 PM, silvershadow0099 said:

The weapon mods get transferred not the weapon stats , learn the game please .

You just argued for my point as the correct one.

Only the mods for a weapon should transfer over.  Weapon innate powers should not transfer over.  This means Ivara needs a change because if Ivara is the only one who can inherit weapon powers, why doesn't Excal, Titania, or Valkyr inherit that power?

Warframe powers that turn into weapons inherit your weapon mods because powers have flat damage stats that fall off very fast in end game.  Valkyr's Hysteria was changed for that very reason.  Players noted that Valkyr was a melee berserker frame, and incapable of doing any useful damage in end game because her claws had flat stats.

DE added "mod inheriting" to allow players to augment her melee power, allowing her to still participate in high level missions as a melee frame, instead of merely becoming "The goddess of standing around reviving people".  DE had seen that Valkyr wasn't capable of being a melee berserker in end game, and fixed that defect.  The change only affected Valkyr.  You could still use any melee weapon you might wish.

If Weapon innate powers transfer over to a Warframe, then you simply pick a "power enhanced weapon", forma it up, and use that, since the neato power AND all the mods transfer over.

If Weapon innate powers transfer over to a Warframe, then ALL weapons should be given a weapon power, in order to maintain balance.

For my Excalibur, I use Redeemer.  It is my favorite weapon.  It has 4 or 5 forma.  I can't fit any more mods on it, or upgrade any more mods.  With my Redeemer being so heavily forma-enhanced, it makes Exalted Blade insanely effective.  The beauty of this is that it didnt' have to be redeemer.  A 5 forma Skana would be JUST AS AWESOME.  So would a 5 forma Ether Dagger set.  So would a 5 forma MK-1 Bo.  All weapons can be equally awesome for Excalibur.

If we change it so that Excalibur's Exalted Blade now also inherits Weapon powers AND mods, then all Excalibur's would instantly switch to syndicate melee weapons for the cool explosion, and other nifty effects.  Using Redeemer, or Galatine Prime, or Dragon Nikana all become "plebe" choices because there is no reason to ever want to give up a cool power when you could have it for free.

Because I have learned the game, I know that the intent is that weapon powers are not supposed to transfer to Warframes.  Justice Blades for Dual Cleavers made those the absolute best weapons in the game if you were using an Excal.  DE quickly changed that to prevent special augments and similar effects from transferring over because that was not intended, and represented a power creep they wanted to avoid.

Also, if I didn't know the game very well, I wouldn't have spent 3 years writing, changing, updating, and working on a complete new player's guide for Warframe.  Sadly, being able to write a good guide doesn't transfer to internet fame, so I understand that only 1 out of 20,000 Warframe players are even aware of it, if I'm optimistic.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:18 AM, silvershadow0099 said:

I hope you realize that doing this would game breaking as well as overpowered (and I don't use that word lightly here).  Just giving Artemis Bow the Rakta Cernos syndicate proc would be game breaking.  Titania in Razorwing getting any boost from special effects would be game breaking.  I say this as one who plays both, Ivara more than Titania.  Giving the special effect of the Hirudos to something like EB...NO. 

It's because of scrubs like you who barely understand warframe that's causing this game to be forceful and in lacking of freedom. People should play the game with the equipment they want the way they want it. Because of the stat cheesing in this game half that element is already gone. Noobs like you asking for superpowerful-if-exists causes all the freedom of gameplay to be gone. Don't make stupid requests like this if you barely understand warframe. Don't ruin the game for people with brains just cause you don't ty.

On 12/30/2016 at 5:53 AM, EvilKam said:

If we change it so that Excalibur's Exalted Blade now also inherits Weapon powers AND mods, then all Excalibur's would instantly switch to syndicate melee weapons for the cool explosion, and other nifty effects.  Using Redeemer, or Galatine Prime, or Dragon Nikana all become "plebe" choices because there is no reason to ever want to give up a cool power when you could have it for free.

Because I have learned the game, I know that the intent is that weapon powers are not supposed to transfer to Warframes.  Justice Blades for Dual Cleavers made those the absolute best weapons in the game if you were using an Excal.  DE quickly changed that to prevent special augments and similar effects from transferring over because that was not intended, and represented a power creep they wanted to avoid.

I am not asking it to inherit Syndicate mods , just the weapons unique passive.
Which is now becoming a thing like it or not.

and soon enough all weapons will have a passive of their own , so what is the harm in making them work with certain frames ?

On 12/30/2016 at 9:23 PM, DatDarkOne said:

I hope you realize that doing this would game breaking as well as overpowered (and I don't use that word lightly here).  Just giving Artemis Bow the Rakta Cernos syndicate proc would be game breaking.  Titania in Razorwing getting any boost from special effects would be game breaking.  I say this as one who plays both, Ivara more than Titania.  Giving the special effect of the Hirudos to something like EB...NO. 

AGAIN , i am just asking if the weapons passive were to transfer over , NOT the syndicate mods. JUST THE WEAPON PASSIVE . which is not a extremely big change .
I write this because most weapons are getting a passive as the paradigm is shifting, some old weapons are becoming obsolete. Heck some are not even looked at , like the glaives.

If weapons passives were to be transferred over , they can be changed or get lowered stats . that is not an issue .

9 hours ago, silvershadow0099 said:

I am not asking it to inherit Syndicate mods , just the weapons unique passive.
Which is now becoming a thing like it or not.

and soon enough all weapons will have a passive of their own , so what is the harm in making them work with certain frames ?

This would be bad because it would mean that all weapons lacking powers become instantly useless.  Again, repeating myself here:  If your suggestion is implemented, then using Redeemer, or Galatine Prime, or Dragon Nikana all become "plebe" choices because there is no reason to ever want to give up a weapon's cool power when you could have it for free.

Your suggestion will invalidate all "normal" weapons instantaneously.

6 hours ago, EvilKam said:

This would be bad because it would mean that all weapons lacking powers become instantly useless.  Again, repeating myself here:  If your suggestion is implemented, then using Redeemer, or Galatine Prime, or Dragon Nikana all become "plebe" choices because there is no reason to ever want to give up a weapon's cool power when you could have it for free.

Your suggestion will invalidate all "normal" weapons instantaneously.

with the new weapons coming out they will become useless any way its just a matter of time....