The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

After completing the "scan three elite arid lancers section" and talking to cephalon ordis in my ship it played all the dialogue from the rest of the quest without giving me the next step and then said the quest was complete without giving me the rewards. is there any way i can start the quest over so i can get the rewards and actually play the whole thing? 

OK I Started New Strange mission scanned the arid Lancer dude and got the Scorched beacon and then I had ordis flip out and kept saying so what is the Cephalon Simaris like about 20 times in a row then it told me to go scan chroma then instantly completed then it told me to go to ose on Europa but i had to unlock Morax First as soon as I finished that the quest line auto completed. I got no Chroma Blueprints at all. I restarted the game as I wrote this to see if it fixed its self and nope. Please help DE you my only hope.

There are a few on another post with the same issue:

I recently just crafted the scorched beacon for the new strange quest and after I did that. the lotus, ordis, and cephalon simaris started talking for a while about the rest of the missions even though I didn't complete those missions yet. This eventually led to me completing the quest even thought I didn't complete the rest of the missions and me not getting the chroma blueprint.

I have the same issue. I completed the scanning missions for Cephalon Simaris and upon return to the ship Cephalon, Ordis and Lotus began exchanging dialogue (though Ordis was constantly repeating the same line, interrupting the other characters). I crafted the Scorched Beacon and now the quest objective is telling me to talk to Cephalon Simaris, though doing this does not progress the quest.

• Restarting the game had no effect.
  • Dropping the scanning quest for Simaris had no effect. 
  • Simaris presents three dialogue options
    • Drop Current Scanning Quests
    • Target Details
    • Enter Simulation

There is no clear way of continuing the story. 'The New Strange' quest is listed as 'Complete' in the Codex. 

Can confirm, trying to help a friend through the star chart and the recent 800mb update bugged this quest making Saturn impossible to achieve. completing the Mobile Defense quest does not reward the blueprint and causes the quest to be stuck at "Craft the Chroma Signal" meaning the mobile defense is not repeatable.

it happened the same thing to me, after lancer scans autocompleted, and i didnt get the BP, i want to play the quest, and want the BP aswell, my IGN: EnchantedMango

Edit: To clarify and help this bug to be solved, after i scanned the 3 lancers , went to relay, talked to simaris, he gave me a BP for  the beacon, crafted it and the dialogues of the entire quest were shown, objectives were changing on navigation, like they were completing themselves, ordis repeated the same line over and over, and then the screen saying "new strange Completed", it also appears as completed on codex but i didnt get any rewards, Bp's, or anything

Edited by EnchantedMango
Clarify and explain a bit the bug and situation

Same Problem here. I didn't build the beacon and finish the mission on Europa. In the Quest log, it said I did complete it and the beacon appears instantly in my foundry. Without completing the mission, there is no chroma signal blue print to make chroma mark. The bugs are simply killing the game for new players like me.  

6 hours ago, MrMooffinFluff said:

I recently just crafted the scorched beacon for the new strange quest and after I did that. the lotus, ordis, and cephalon simaris started talking for a while about the rest of the missions even though I didn't complete those missions yet. This eventually led to me completing the quest even thought I didn't complete the rest of the missions and me not getting the chroma blueprint.

I had the exact same bug, it skipped all quests and I got no blueprint.