The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

My quest is bugged! I finished scanning the 3 lancers at Mars then talked Simaris and went back to the ship. Ordis and Simaris kept having conversations in the ship and suddenly the quest completed screen appeared! I did not receive any reward and Saturn junctioned opened due to completed quest. How am I going to get Chroma blueprint now? :( The weird thing is my quest is still active even though the quest completed screen was already shown. I am stuck with "talk to Simaris at the relay" because once I talk to Simaris there are no options for progression of the said quest. Bugged!

For anyone who needs helps with the broken new strange quest!!!!

There is a slight work around to continue on with your planets until this is fixed. Have a friend set up a mission on saturn (they have to be the host) and as soon as you both load in, have your host ALT + F4 and this will unlock a mission on Saturn and you can continue on planets for now until the new strange is fixed. If you don't have anyone to help you, feel free to pm me and I will help you.

So.. I recently "completed" The New Strange, being a new player I didn't know how badly it was glitched. Everything went smoothly till I made the first beacon. At that point the entire quest just completed itself as I sat in my ship, doing nothing and trying to figure out what was happening. The dialogue played as if I had been finishing the objectives and eventually I got the end of quest screen and it marked itself as completed.

Considering some people reported not being able to finish it all I considered myself lucky, till I realized I never received the Chroma blueprint. I wanna know if there is any way I can get the blueprint still, or am I just plain out of luck? Sorry for the long question and any responses would be great!

TL;DR: New Strange is so so so glitched. Can I get the Chrona blueprint somehow despite that?

Pretty much the same thing happened to me, made the first beacon, listened to the conversation, next quest step was to go do something to do with Chroma. I did a different mission quickly to finish something else off, got back to my ship and got the conversation congratulating me. Bit of a shame but oh well

I was completed "The new strange" quest

but I can't get chroma blueprint

저는 "낯선 신비" 퀘스트를 깼었습니다

그런데 크로마 설계도를 받지못했습니다

그래서 제작자측에 문의하는바입니다

주조소에서 크로마 설계도를 찾아볼수가 없었습니다

제작자측에서는 즉시 빠른조취를 취해주었으면 하는 바입니다

Edited by CheeseDa22

I am currently stuck on The New Strange quest where it says I have to craft the Chroma Signal, the problem is I don't have the blueprints for it in the Foundry. I have tried to relog a couple of times thinking it may appear but to no success. Please help.

As all other people here I also have the exact same problem with the quest. I wrote a bug report ticket myselft but this seems as the more popular thread. I hope this problem can resolved somehow. The quest seems really interesting with all of mystery behind it, so I would love to be able to play it. I have seen in previous threads that it's still not possible for DE to revert the quest for us but I hope that we can atleast get the Chroma BP instead.