The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

So I finished the first 2 parts of the quest where the first one was a rescue mission, the next one involved synthesizing Simaris' targets. After that i was told to craft the beacon, which i do.

----Here's where things start----

I was on the navigation screen as Simaris, Ordis and Lotus have their conversation where Ordis also had his malfunction(quest wise). I was also checking my quest tab as the conversation went and it kept changing missions on its own. Eventually, my screen changes to where it shows quest completion. Simaris' offer was rejected by Ordis saying he was only for the operator.

I was credited for the mission, the Saturn junction was now open. The quest tab changed again, it told me to do the first rescue mission...all while ordis was still messed up. I set "The Limbo Theorom" active because he kept talking like that nonstop and do Saturn junction.

I check my quest tab, "The New Strange" is gone. I didn't get the blueprints either.

IDK why this happened, but it there a way to fix it, or let me do the quest again?

Edited by zennj

After scanning the 3 lancers, I went to talk to Cephalon Simaris. I got some dialogue but the quest just finished on it's own, I didn't get to continue it. Is there a fix for this? If not can it be reset or forced to progress in any way?

Edit: Some added details: It says I completed it, when I didn't, and I am able to access Saturn somehow, I finished the relay.

Edited by Zatil

I am also experiencing this bug.  As soon as I completed building the Scorched Beacon, a bunch of conversations between all the NPCs took place like I had completed later missions.  When I clicked on The New Strange on the quest screen, it was reset to the first mission.

3 hours ago, dancingplatypus said:

Workaround doesn't seem to work.

Alt-F4 did cause a host migration, but did not kick the other user back to the ship.  When the player finally made it back to the ship, the node was still locked.  My client's question log shows "Investigate the source of the transmission" is successful, and that she now has to "Craft Chroma Signal."  There is no Chroma Signal blueprint in her inventory.

EDIT:
Tried the workaround specified by JRTheSaltine multiple times on multiple nodes (including the Dione map). Tried having the client (not the host) complete the mission and fail the mission.  
Still no luck.

I ran across a guy i was trying to help and this happened, it didn't boot him from the mission and none of the saturn nodes unlocked. I know this works when you get stuck on the craft chroma mark part of the quest. Not sure why yet. Did they set matchmaking to invite only before entering with the host because if someone else joins randomly after the host leaves, it will cause a host migration and it won't work.  So far the guy I was trying to help today is the only one that this has not worked for that I  have seen.  Still trying to figure it out.  Post on any more updates if you can.

Please see the megathread on this issue. Currently DE has a skeleton crew working, so don't expect any fixes until after the holiday break.

When DE does come back, they'll need to know everything that needs to get fixed, and the current flooding of the forums with this one quest bug doesn't help.

Remember, search before you post a new thread about a bug!

Keep it clean!

Edited by Magtone

3 hours ago, Halysis said:

Hey Guys! Ive found a way to fix this (not really, BUT WHAT IS THIS?? Also, If someone could find a way to replicate this(?) they can actually get past this new strange bug. Im going to see if it works past the whole starchart, I'll update you guys on that.)

Apparently I'm going back in time...

Picture Showing That I have the last nodes But not the first of void to sedna

Picture Proving I haven't unlocked Sedna

Constant Update:

So far, I've worked backwards through those void missions (which were very hard) and it HAS in fact unlocked the last mission on Sedna. As I said before, I'll update you on whether or not it holds true with the entire starchart. Fingers crossed :D

the reason you are working backwards through the void is most likely a friend hosted a mission in the void for you and unlocked a node. Happened to me and was able to get to Europa sooner.

Please see the megathread about this issue. As for a temporary solution, see the following method:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/743391-temporal-solution-for-quest/

it is a temporary solution that let's you bypass the Saturn Junction. It will not complete the quest.

Remember, if you have a bug, search the forums before creating a new thread.

Keep it clean!

This a bug that probably won't be fixed after the holidays. So don't expect to get it completed any time soon.

(This bug originated when they changed the star-charts. With the newest update, it looks like it has resurfaced).

Please see the following temporary solution if you wish to continue unlocking planets:

Remember, if you have a bug, search the forums first to see if someone else is running into the same issue.

Keep it clean!

This a bug that probably won't be fixed after the holidays. So don't expect to get it completed any time soon.

(This bug originated when they changed the star-charts. With the newest update, it looks like it has resurfaced).

Please see the following temporary solution if you wish to continue unlocking planets:

Remember, if you have a bug, search the forums first to see if someone else is running into the same issue.

Keep it clean!

(i'm now just copying and pasting this comment, since i don't want to type it anymore.)

This a bug that probably won't be fixed until after the holidays. So don't expect to get it completed any time soon.

Please refer to the megathread on this topic for a bit more information on what other issues you may come across right now:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/740473-bugs-and-issues-with-the-new-strange-quest-megathread/

Also, please see the following temporary solution if you wish to continue unlocking planets:

Keep it clean!

Edited by Magtone

This a bug that probably won't be fixed until after the holidays. So don't expect to get it completed any time soon.

Please refer to the megathread on this topic for a bit more information on what other issues you may come across right now:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/740473-bugs-and-issues-with-the-new-strange-quest-megathread/

Also, please see the following temporary solution if you wish to continue unlocking planets:

Keep it clean!

Also, please see the following temporary solution if you wish to continue unlocking planets:

Keep it clean!

I've recently started this quest as well and got up to the part where i have to "Craft Chroma Mark" and its the same story with with me, it cannot be found anywhere in the foundry so i left it for a few days hoping it would appear and it still hasn't so i cannot progress with the quest.

can you get banned using this glitch? I mean it skips an intended part of the game so i figured i would ask before attempting it to see if anyone knows. Also are you able to get the rewards from the skipped junction after glitching past it? (whenever the chroma mark bug gets fixed)

19 minutes ago, Viscerataunt said:

can you get banned using this glitch? I mean it skips an intended part of the game so i figured i would ask before attempting it to see if anyone knows. Also are you able to get the rewards from the skipped junction after glitching past it? (whenever the chroma mark bug gets fixed)

I don't think so.. I mean, it can happen totally accidentally as it happened to me in the Orokin Void (i got a branch to Neptune that i wasnt supposed to have but it was by accident, not intentional. Now i know that is due to this bug).

No, you don't get the rewards from the junction and atm is impossible to get them.

There's almost one post each hour reporting this mission bug, and not even a Moderator or a Dev answered, we have to wait a month or more for them to fix this?

Edited by SekwahAR

I was doing the new strange quest fine until i got to the mission to fight chroma...i ended up failing the mission and was going to try again with the help of friends but the codex said that the quest was complete. i didn't realize that i needed to scan chroma to get his bp. it was not until i gathered all the parts for chroma that i realized that there was no other way to get the BP.

I cant do the quest again so i would really appreciate one sent to me