Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugs and Issues with the New Strange Quest [Megathread]

xforsaker88x

slight workaround that may help, everyone but one person that I have helped this worked for them. you have to have someone host and start a saturn mission, then when you both load in the host has to alt + F4 and this should kick you back to your ship. They then should have a blinking open node on saturn. Now all you do is complete the Uranus junction when you can and after getting the chroma piece from the junction you can then return to the new strange and complete it.  Weird but it works.

- Where exactly in the quest did you get stuck? (The steps mentioned in the Codex page, or the steps described in the Navigation menu)

The new strange, craft chroma mark in foundry
- What was the last quest mission you played?

n/a 
- Were you playing any other quest simultaneously? 

no, error began when i started the quest (the new strange)
- Do you get a certain kind of error?

Ordis repeats a line 5x over before stopping and i am prompt to craft the chroma mark in my foundry 
- Did you lose an item that was required for the quest?

didn't get chroma mark bp in foundry to complete quest objective

Dear DE

My account is dumbguy, after of hour and hours i finally done the quest The new strange but I didn't get the Chroma's blueprint can you please check for me because I have already spent alot of credits to the part but no blueprint.

Hope you guys can fix it and I will be very grateful!

1 hour ago, JRTheSaltine said:

slight workaround that may help, everyone but one person that I have helped this worked for them. you have to have someone host and start a saturn mission, then when you both load in the host has to alt + F4 and this should kick you back to your ship. They then should have a blinking open node on saturn. Now all you do is complete the Uranus junction when you can and after getting the chroma piece from the junction you can then return to the new strange and complete it.  Weird but it works.

Any chance you could help me out with this? I have the same problem and now I'm content locked. 

Well, i saw in this post a "solution" for everyone else who want to unlock Saturn and keep going on with the planets. First of all i wanna tag @JRTheSaltine for sharing this "solution". It worked for me.

I'll quote what he said:

There is a slight work around to continue on with your planets until this is fixed. Have a friend set up a mission on saturn (they have to be the host) and as soon as you both load in, have your host ALT + F4 and this will unlock a mission on Saturn and you can continue on planets for now until the new strange is fixed.

I know it's not the best, but will let you continue unlocking the planets.

I'm doing this in a specific post, as i also quoted him in the mentioned one, not to get the credit. Just for sharing to everyone that like me is stuck since weeks ago in this **** quest and can't find a solution in that time.

P.S: I know this is a also a bug, and it's like glitching the game but hey... we haven't got any response in all that time so i think this can be considered legit.
PP.S: It will not let you finish "The New Stranger" quest itself, is just to bypass it.

Edited by SekwahAR

On 29/12/2016 at 9:18 PM, JRTheSaltine said:

There is a slight work around to continue on with your planets until this is fixed. Have a friend set up a mission on saturn (they have to be the host) and as soon as you both load in, have your host ALT + F4 and this will unlock a mission on Saturn and you can continue on planets for now until the new strange is fixed. If you don't have anyone to help you, feel free to pm me and I will help you.

This!.

Workaround doesn't seem to work.

Alt-F4 did cause a host migration, but did not kick the other user back to the ship.  When the player finally made it back to the ship, the node was still locked.  My client's question log shows "Investigate the source of the transmission" is successful, and that she now has to "Craft Chroma Signal."  There is no Chroma Signal blueprint in her inventory.

EDIT:
Tried the workaround specified by JRTheSaltine multiple times on multiple nodes (including the Dione map). Tried having the client (not the host) complete the mission and fail the mission.  
Still no luck.

Edited by dancingplatypus
New information.

Hey Guys! Ive found a way to fix this (not really, BUT WHAT IS THIS?? Also, If someone could find a way to replicate this(?) they can actually get past this new strange bug. Im going to see if it works past the whole starchart, I'll update you guys on that.)

Apparently I'm going back in time...

Picture Showing That I have the last nodes But not the first of void to sedna

Picture Proving I haven't unlocked Sedna

Constant Update:

1. So far, I've worked backwards through those void missions (which were very hard) and it HAS in fact unlocked the last mission on Sedna. As I said before, I'll update you on whether or not it holds true with the entire starchart. Fingers crossed :D

2. Okay I've gotten to the Sedna-Pluto but its impossible to go Pluto. It's locked, mainly because it has a junction :/... I'm going to see if by completing all of Sedna it can unlock Pluto, and i'm going to mess around with some things. I'm also going to see if I can do alerts which appear on Sedna... only time will tell.

Edited by Halysis
*Constantly Updated*

I have been doing the new strange quest and i got up to a point in which you create a scorched beacon so i crafted it after crafting it it gave me the mission to craft chroma mark but i couldn't do anything it wasn't in my blueprints or anything i was stuck so i went into the codex and saw that it had skipped about 4 previous missions i need to do for the quest is there a fix for this or am i missing something. This is also a problem because i need it to get to the next planet.