Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Skirata stood arms folded near the door observing the events unfolding before him.  Kris was coming to, a few Tenno cautiously approaching him.  The Nyxs were both recovering from the psychic battle, several Tenno offering to help.  A few started to leave the hall, going back to work, missions or repairs to the dojo.

Finally convinced it was over, Skirata took a few steps backward and leaned back against the wall.  He saw Zel walk over to Aigloblam.  She stopped short, they looked at each other for a moment.  Zel made the first move, her arms out in an embrace it seemed.  Aigloblam went to return the gesture stepping forward - into Zel’s now dropped fist aimed at his gut.  A few sparks leaped from where her knuckles contacted his warframe just below the ribs.  Aigloblam doubled over, Zel left him and walked towards the exit.

She saw Skirata and paused, “Some show, huh?”

Skirata used his 360 degree visuals to look at Zel, his helmet still facing towards the other side of the room.  “Eh, too flashy for my taste.  At least no one’s hurt... mortally.”

“Yeah...”  Zel looked back at the now recovered Aigloblam.  “See you later, Skirata.”  She walked out the hall.

“Yep.”

Aigloblam came over.  “Hello, I don’t believe I have had the pleasure of meeting you.  New to Aequitas?”

“Trust me, it’s not a pleasure.  And yes.”

“Well, welcome to the clan. I seem to be your friendly neighborhood punching bag.  How do you know Zel?”

“I became her mentor while you were busy being one with your inner popsicle.”

“Look, I...-”

“No worries Aigloblam, we’re cool.  You and Zel though?  You might want to remedy that.”

“When I work up the courage to try that, I certainly shall….Sorry, didn’t catch your name.”

“Skirata.”

“Well, Skirata, thank you for looking after her.  Obviously you’ve done well, we weren’t all incinerated within the last hour. I would like to know more though,   Talk more later?”

“Welcome, and thanks.  Talk to you later.”

Aigloblam continued on through the doors to find Zel.

*This has been a joint effort w/ Aiglo

EDIT: fixed continuity related to Crowley and changed a bit to fit with Kitty's next post

Edited by BRad_Skirata

Ghost was still out cold however as the second Nyx came too and tried to rouse her. However Ghost's mental battle was just beginning. The stains left by Beserker were no trivial matter... It seemed that the unmasked Nyx was in an almost coma like state. A Trinity came by and help take her to the med bay where they could begin to diagnose and maybe help the poor woman. The trinity, upon inspection of Ghost would gasp in horror and slight revulsion when she saw the after effects of everything she had been through. It was far from pretty and was indeed the reason she never let others see what was beneath her warframe. Very little of her body was unmarked by scars, and from where most of them were located many had been attempts at ending her life. The trinity shook her head sadly and slowly began to try and heal Ghost, to coax her out of the coma like state she now resided in.

The Grinner Lancer was patrolling around the engine room, when he had his first hint of his death. It was small, a clang of metal striking metal. He looked around as more clangs emanated from inside a pipe. The lancer raised his Grakata, ready for a Tenno to drop down.

Nothing.

Several minutes passed before he relaxed. Must be a loose fixing that popped off. It happened a lot. He kept going. His shift was ending and he was hungry.

As he approached the door he heard, of all things, cackling! The lance spun, and reached for his radio to call for the rest of his squad, when he was sent flying into a wall. An arrow, with a black shaft and yellow fletching, was sticking out of his heart. He squirmed weakly as a Tenno dropped from the same pipe that he heard the clanging from. A Nyx.

"I am retribution," it said as it stalked towards his, bow in hand. "I make your worst nightmare look like a wonderful dream."

The Nyx leaned in close. "I am your darkest desire." Its helmet retracted, revealing a pretty face, framed by long, strawberry blonde hair, and deep violet eyes. She smiled, and leaned closer to whisper in the ear of the dying lancer.

"I am called Sophia to my friends, Venefica to my foes." She stood, and smiling sweetly, formed a dagger with she psychic power. It glowed a deep crimson. The lancer saw it driving towards his head...

Sophia stood, relishing in the psychic pain of the dying lancer. She drew her Magnus, holding it in her left hand, in her right she formed her energy into a cruel looking spear. There were still more to kill on this ship, and she would not be happy until they were all dead.

A taster to sate your appetite

Edited by Spikey844

Crowley is indeed out at Vis with his two apprentices, and will not be leaving until they return from Inferno at the very least, or until they finish their training. That may take a while though~

Also, Khimera may or may not change to a Paladin in time. His body literally cannot take the damage it's sustaining via his own powers as a Volt. As a good estimate of what happened when Kris reappeared Khi's likely passed out with burns all over his body, his warframe in shambles and struggling just to regenerate itself let alone him. Temporarily blind as well by the way, so he'll be wearing a blindfold and being in a wheelchair for a while.

"LET ME SHOW YOU MY MOVES!"

RHINO picked his head up, no longer intent on the group of Corpus crewmen that were gathered at the other end of the observation bay. They hadn't noticed him yet, but ONE particular corpus HAD.

Derf Anyo. Son of Nef Anyo. Scourge of all Tenno across the origin system.

It wasn't that he was dangerous, no no. Derf Anyo was so callow and weak that he couldn't kill even the greenest of Tenno initiates. The problem was that he LOVED the Tenno. To excess. More than a source of profit, to Derf, they were like celebrities, gods to worship, and his appearance belied that.

The short little man ran towards RHINO from behind, waving a SKANA that was clearly fake, likely made out of cheap iron rather than the Vanadium/Molybdenum/Morphics alloy that the Tenno favor and hold sacred. Derf's spacesuit was painted with the sloppy hand of an amaetur, a mockery of an Excalibur's graceful patterning.

"Patience..." RHINO thought to himself "This one is harmless. Just ignore him."

"OH WOW YOU'RE A RHINO HOW ARE YOU MODDED WHY ARE YOU COLORED LIKE THAT YOU'RE SO AWESOME!" Derf screamed into his commlink. The noise went straight to the center of RHINO's skull. Apparently Derf had the encrypted commlink frequency that all Tenno use when talking to the Lotus. This resulted in an immediate migraine for the stoic Tenno warrior, and a severe lack of patience. RHINO's fist slammed into Derf's square helmet with a resounding CRACK, slamming him loudly against a wall with an audible CLANG, one that the crewmen at the other end of the observatin bay noticed.

Garbled cries from crewmen, and squeals from MOAs filled the air in time with plasma bolts from their weapons. RHINO lunged forward and took cover behind a cargo crate, letting himself ignore the moron who doubtlessly lay broken on the deck behind him.

Derf Anyo got up and brushed himself off.

RHINO returned fire with his HIND assault rifle. He liked the 5 shot burst on it. It was accurate, and 5 bullets was usually enough for any one target, allowing him to pick them off as he pleased. Magnetic charges on each bullet practically guaranteed a kill, tearing shields and unarmored flesh apart.

"OH WOW IS THAT A HIND ASSAULT RIFLE? WAIT THAT'S A GRINEER WEAPON WHY AREN'T YOU USING A BRATON PRIME OR SOMETHING OH WOW DO YOU HAVE A BRATON PRIME OR A SICARUS PRIME COULD YOU SHOW ME THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!"

RHINO's last shot went wild, clanging off of the bulkhead. Derf Anyo was there, practically pressed up against RHINO's red and gold enamelled back, watching everything the Tenno did. If his eyes were visible, there would have been stars in them, no doubt. RHINO's migraine came back, and he whipped around, knocking Derf Anyo to the floor with a vicious chest bump, and bringing the blade of his SCINDO in an arc through the air a moment later, crashing it into the space cadet's chest.The SCINDO was the right combination of speed and power for RHINO's needs. GALATINE was FAR too slow, and HATE, although a prized trophy, was far too SHORT. It's power was more than enough to sever Derf in half like a boiled egg.

Returning his attention to the advancing crewmen, RHINO pulled out his BRAKK pistol, a hard earned reward from the Gradivus Conflict that had raged on for days. RHINO had chosen the losing side in that conflict, but he saw no dishonor in either choice.

Derf Anyo got up and brushed himself off.

Heavy lead shot from RHINO'S BRAKK pistol tore through MOAs and faceless crewmen alike, their plasma bolts grazing off of his shoulder one moment, and then impacting a defensive layer of crystal the next. These last few would be easy. Their shots couldn't penetrate his skin, and they were well within range of his BRAKK's deadly spray.

"OH MY GOD A BRAKK PISTOL WHY ARE YOU USING ALL OF THOSE GRINEER WEAPONS IS IT BECAUSE THEY'RE SO CHEAP? ARE YOU POOR? DO TENNO EVEN USE CREDITS? I LIKED YOUR SCINDO HIT ME WITH IT AGAIN PLEEEEASE IT WAS SO COOL!"

Rhino's second swing was quicker than the first, the blade of his SCINDO colliding with the idiot-cube on top of Derf's Spacesuit. This time, though, RHINO watched. His axe bounced clean off, just knocking the Corpus sycophant to the floor. Another swing. Another. Derf's shield was absorbing all of the punishment, even with the magnetic treatment on the SCINDO's blade!

"Spoiled brat." RHINO thought. "His father must have slipped him some sort of Omni-shield, like the sort Alad V had on Zanuka."

-WARNING UNAUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ON BOARD. PLEASE REMAIN CLEAR UNTIL SECURITY HANDLES THE THREAT-

During the scant moments that RHINO actually paid attention, a crewman managed to reach a panic button in a nearby closet. A stampede of mechanical feet announced the arrival of dozens of new combatants, all MOAs of different colors.

"GET DOWN, TENNO! I SHALL PROTECT YOU!"

"Lotus strengthen me." RHINO thought.

"CHECK OUT MY SLASH DASH! AND THIS! I STOLE THIS OFF OF A ZANUKA ISN'T IT COOL?"

RHINO had no idea what Derf was talking about as the SKANA wielding Corpus ran into the thick of the approaching MOAs, whacking at them with the blade that was probably no better than a length of rebar. In his other hand he was waving around what looked like the severed head of a Zanuka. It was spitting sparks and making noises of clear distress. About the most Derf's efforts got him was tired, after knocking down just one MOA.

"HOW.. HAH... HOW WAS THAT? I CAN DO MORE! CAN I HAVE A WARFRAME SUIT? MY DAD SAID I COULD HAVE ONE IF I GOT IT IN REAL COMBAT. HOW DID I DO?"

"ENOUGH!" RHINO bellowed, and put his foot down.

"WOW SO THAT'S WHAT YOU SOUND LIKE YOU TENNO NEVER EVER TA--

Derf's words were frozen in his throat as the stasis field from RHINO's stomp overtook him, freezing him and every Corpus in the vicinity.The reinforced glass of the observation bad was not as lucky, shattering and blowing out into space. Alarms went off as Vacuum filled the room. RHINO's magnetic footgrips engaged as he walked over to one of the floating MOAs, grabbing it by the ankles and swinging it like a bat. It was clear that there was no other way to get some peace so he could murder everyone on the ship until he did this. The MOA's metal chassis clanged roughly against Derf Anyo's shield, sending him sailing out the window and into the inky reaches of space.

Quickly, RHINO dispatched the rest of the MOAs in the room with his SCINDO, tapping the control panel to seal the safety shutters to stop the vacuum lockdown. As air returned to the room, and the doors unlocked, RHINO felt the stasis field he left shut off, and a voice from beyond echoed in his headset one last time

"YOUUUU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?"

Frankly, RHINO would have rather fought the Stalker.

Edited by Nyss

Written on my phone...

---

[Charybdis, Sedena]

The Corpus invasion force was very confused as the Colossal Formorian was shown to only have three life forms aboard, one of which registering as an unknown, the other two as Grineer. The main thought was that Tenno cleared most of the ship, but that was crushed by the fact that the Escape Pods had not disembarked. The ship had finally gotten close enough to board, where the three life forms waited.

---

Kela De Thaym could barely contain her excitement for the fight and the testing of her apprentice. He had almost been executed by the Imbecile Sargus Ruk for reasons of not being a Grineer. Ruk ignored the fact that her apprentice had attempted to give him a peace offering of a FROST Warframe, and almost had his head incinerated.

Her apprentice had armed himself with a supposedly powerful Bronco Prime, and an Ogris. She could see the bloodlust and hatred for the Corpus in his eyes. She could hear his faint pray to his "Queen", and almost felt sorry for him, and the reactions of the Corpus. The classic groan of metal that signified the boarding of a ship. Before long, the metal buckled and the familiar "Portal" of the Corpus flickered into existance. The first Corpus through were Crewmen and Techs, all stopping at the sight of her apprentice. And for one of the few times since she met him, her apprentice spoke.

"Know that it was Jrogar, last of the Gyroog, that ended your existance. Now do us a favor and DIE!"

Before Kela could speak, Jrogar had rushed into the Corpus lines and begun to mutilate the Techs without a second thought. She could only smile remembering when she was like that, and begun to assult the still shocked Corpus lines.

---