Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Is it strange that I see all the people in the thread using Trinity icons as female? The little voices that read the text in my head come out as female when I read from Jeahanne and Kittyshark in particular.

Also...SICK

Plus Dragon's Dogma and my lack of desire to grind Cicero waiting for @(*()$ nighttime keeps me both from the thread and the game.

Is it strange that I see all the people in the thread using Trinity icons as female? The little voices that read the text in my head come out as female when I read from Jeahanne and Kittyshark in particular.

No its not, i got the same voices in my head...

Unless im weird, wich is probably the reason! wheee~ *spins in wheelchair*

Also... have some pie! *smacks pie in khi's face*

Actually, I use the Trinity icon as much because it's female (like I am) as because it's a hold-over from when I started playing this game and my main warframe was Trinity. I played her almost exclusively until I got Nova, whom I now use for just about everything lol

"Satisfied?" Mike asked as he wiped his cheeks dry. Sophia just stood their. The look in his eyes said it all, -I know how you feel-, and it made her feel bad, selfish, undeserving. She couldn't help but go back over the memories over and over again. She walked away a short distance, gazing at one of the crystals. She summoned up her power, and shattered the crystal, but managed to contain the shards in a small area. Selecting one of the shards, she shaped it, and turned, sending towards Mike slowly. he opened his hand and it dropped into his palm

"What's this for?" He asked puzzled. He examined the gem. It was about the size of golf ball, but as clear as glass. It was perfectly smooth, not a single edge on it, not a scratch on the surface. Sophia looked at him sadly, but her eyes seemed be clearer, as if a great weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

"Women like diamonds, well, most of them do," She said with a slight chuckle, "so when you are ready, go find Az. Who knows, maybe she does love you." She started to walk out of the cave, the stopped and turned.

"By the way, find some gold before you give it to her, and make it into a necklace. A ring with that size stone is too big." She turned away again. "Your right, I.. I would go through anything for him, to have him hold me in his arms. To-" she felt her legs go wobbly, and reached out to steady herself on the wall of the cave. Her next words were whispers that mike had to strain to hear. "To be the mother of his children." Her legs buckled under her, and she fell sideways, but Mike managed to catch her before she hit the floor. She was crying, and continued crying as Mike cradled her.

It was several minutes later, when Sophia had mostly stopped crying, that the singing started. Mike looked up, startled, as the bass voice sang out. The tune was unfamiliar to him, but Sophia recognised it, as well as who was singing it.

"They'll do it all,

Everything,

On their own.

They don't need,

Anything,

Or anyone."

The voice was moving closer, echoing off the walls.

"If he lay there,

If he just lay there,

Would you lie with him, and just forget the world?

He doesn't know,

How to say,

How he feels."

The singer revealed them self, appearing from the shadows of the cave, an Excalibur Prime. Sophia chuckled slightly, though it was quite weak.

"Those three words,

He doesn't say,

You long to hear.

If he lay there,

If he just lay there,

Forget what your told,

Before you get too old,

Show him a garden that's bursting into life."

The other Tenno retracted his helmet, revealing a thin face with short, brown hair, the fringe swept to one side. He was smiling as he sang.

"You'll waste time,

Chasing cars,

Around your heads.

He needs your grace,

To read your needs,

To find his own.

If he lay there,

If he just lay there,

Forget what your told,

Before you get too old,

Show him a garden that's bursting into life.

All that he is,

All that he ever was.

Is there in his perfect eyes, they're all you can see.

He doesn't know where,

Confused about how as well,

Just knows that these things will never change for you at all."

Sophia looked up at the Excalibur, the ghost of a smile dancing around her lips, as her brother finished the song.

"If he lay there,

If he just lay there,

Would you lie with him, and just forget the world?"

Kylar stopped singing, and stood there, a half smile on his lips. Sophia sighed, slightly sad that the song had ended. Her brother was a great singer, far better then she was.

"That was wonderful," Mike breathed, "how did you learn to sing like that?"

Kylar just shook his head. "I just like singing, I'm not that good."

"Not that good?"Mike exclaimed, "That's that best singing I have heard in ages!"

"We'll considering some of the other Tenno I've met, that's not too hard to imagine." Kylar shuddered. "There was a guy in my class at the Training Academy, he couldn't hold a tune in a bucket."

Mike winced, "That bad?" Kylar simply nodded.

"Anyway sis, I need to get you home, before you do something really stupid, like go and let out all your emotions on Kris." Kylar said, extracting his sister from Mike's arms. He carried her towards the exit, as her legs still felt like jelly. Before he left he half turned and looked at the Oberon.

"Thanks for helping my sister out. I can tell you must have gone through what she is going through." He turned back towards the exit. Then he stopped. When he spoke, only the deaf wouldn't have known he was grinning from the words that followed.

"Sis, five o'clock, high."

Before Mike could blink, Sophia had formed her whip, and sent it whizzing through the air. It hooked around the hapless Ash hiding above, and, with a yelp from the Ash, sent her victim flying into the wall.

"Never, ever, spy on a Nyx," Kylar said with a grin, "or for that matter, her brother who has slight psychic talent." With that he started singing again, and strolled out of the cave.

Mike just stood there as Dan staggered upright. He was cursing as he did so. "Little b****, one day I will-"

"I heard that!" Sophia's voice floated down the tunnel to the surface. Even under the helmet, Mike could tell Dan had gone pale.

Song based on Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, with slightly altered lyrics, using the same tune. I hope this doesn't break any copyright.

Pyjamalama I hope this allows you to continue.

Edited by Spikey844