Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

We need more DAKKA!

"Hello? Anyone there?"

The voice brought Sophia up short. She glanced around, trying to find the source of the voice. She was on a Grinned Galleon, on her way to eliminate a rising star in the Grinner military.

"Hello? Are you deaf or something? Or am I wrong in thinking a Tenno is there?" The voice sounded very posh for some odd reason.

The section of the ship she was in looked like an engineering room, with tools for repairing stuff such as armour and weapons.

"I hear you," replied Sophia carefully.

"Ah good, a Tenno! Now then," the voice went on, "I'm rather stuck, if you could make your way over to me and help me out I would be jolly grateful."

Sophia hunted around the workshop, the odd voice making comments such as she did so, mainly ones the suggested she was very bad at finding things. Finally she came across a locked contained hidden beneath a table. She rapped on the lid twice.

"Ah you found me, good. Now, if you could a good sport and let me out?"

Sophia broke the lock and opened the container to find.... A Dethcube peering out at her.

"Ah ha, you my most humble thanks my lady for freeing me from the horrible place, it was rather dirty," the sentinel said as it flew up and out of the box. The sentinel was blue, with bands of yellow and a black front section, as well as being slightly larger than most Dethcubes. Attached to it were a pair of jet wings and a capsule tail. It also was wearing a mini top hat and a monocle. "I am in your debt my fair lady. Hence forth, I am yours to command." The cube appeared to BOW to her. "No matter what may happen, I will serve you until you command me to go, I perish or you fall at the hand of some monster."

"Um, okay." Sophia stammered out. "Well, then start with a full system log, origin of construction and your designation."

"At once, my lady," the cube replied, "my last activation was eight days ago, when our enemies were trying to figure out how the bugger I worked, but I wasn't going to but up with that. Stiff upper lip and all that. I give them a jolly good telling off, and sent them crying to their mothers. They came back though, and caught me unawares, and managed to trap me in that horrible container. Just not cricket, doing something like that." The Dethcube seemed to shudder here. "It was all dirty and dusty, not fit for rats! I was trapped there until you let me out. My origin of construction....blast! The data has been erased! Must have been soon after I was built." The sentinel paused for a moment, then began to muse to itself. "Must have been important why it was done..." He stopped as Sophia coughed. "Ah, my apologies. I was getting side tracked." The sentinel seemed to clear his throat. "As to my designation, I am called Gentlecube, or just Gentle for short." He seemed to bow again. "I am at your disposal, my lady."

Sophia nodded, still trying to take in all the information. "What about weapons and installed mods?"

"I have been installed with a modified laser rifle, it fires single, high power shots, jolly similar to a sniper rifle." Gentlecube spun and attempted to demonstrate the rifle on a nearby container, however, nothing happened. "Oh blast, my weapon precept is missing!" The sentinel spun around to face her again. "I don't suppose you have a spare on you?"

"I found one while hunting for you." Sophia pulled the card out of her pocket, and opened the sentinels maintenance panel, slotting it in. The sentinel spin around, and this time a deafening crack came from the sentinel, whilst the sentinel yelled "PEW!" The container it had been aiming at was destroyed, only the bottom of it remained.

"Jolly good show, I must say." Gentle spun to face her again. "I also have increased shields, regeneration of said shields has been improved and armour has been dramatically improved. Oh and I have the standard high power beam laser as well." He looked at his new mistress. "Shall we?" With a smile, Sophia decide to play along. She held out her right arm, and Gentle took up position just above her elbow. They walked off together.

The first patrol they encountered were very surprised at the sight. A Nyx, walking like a lady, with a Dethcube hovering at her elbow. The pair of them were chatting as they walked along, as if they were going for a walk in the park. They stopped when they saw the patrol.

"Well now, my dear Gentle, we seem to have some vagabonds in our way, and they don't look very friendly." The Nyx said.

"I say, you scruffs! Move out of our way or I will get jolly angry!" The Grinner were shocked to hear the sentinel talking to them. They stood there, looking at each other, then they started to laugh. Soon they were one the floor, clutching their sides.

"Well, that's not very polite. I think you need to taught a lesson in manners." The Nyx stepped forward, a hand reaching for her sword.

"Don't worry yourself my lady, I will deal with them." Gentle turned towards the patrol. The words that followed can never be revealed, as no rating of explicitly can cover it. By the end, the entire patrol was begging for death. Something that was given to them gladly my Sophia and Gentle. They kept on strolling through the ship, killing and generally causing chaos as the Grinner tried to stop them. All the while they chatted as if they were just going for a walk. When they made it to the target, he had heard the entire thing form the cameras and over the radio. He was begging for death.

"Allow me my lady," Gentle spun to the face the target, "I have just one thing to say to you. EXTERMINATE!!!" Gentle zapped the Grinner, obliterating his head with one shot.

"It's not cricket, blackmailing people to get to higher position." He muttered. As he floated after Sophia, he asked,

"Where are we going now?"

"To my ship, and to meet my brother." Sophia said with a smile.

"Do you have any tea there? I'm quite thirsty," was the last thing anyone could have heard as the pair strolled off.

Well, maybe a different type of Dakka.

So has my introducing the Djinn started something? If it has that's kinda awesome...

Also, I have one word... err... name, for you, Viking. Heus.

That is all *skips off to go eat breakfast*

Edited by Jeahanne

So has my introducing the Djinn started something? If it has that's kinda awesome...

Also, I have one word... err... name, for you, Viking. Heus.

That is all *skips off to go eat breakfast*

Don't worry about it. Kris still won't be returning to Aequitas for quite a while (IF ever)

-snip-

Jeahanne, I had already gotten the idea for a sentient Dethcube, and your move just let me decide to do it. Vik just helped me figure out what kind of personality a sentient Dethcube would generally have. (Either really hyper and violent, or DAKKA-crazy.)