Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Ah, alright! Kind of makes me want to write something about what Tenno do in their off-time... the possibilities are endless. >D

I think I'll just have Jadoth chill at the station for a bit until someone would like a character to go adventuring with. Gonna try and focus on my fanfic for now, I've got a draft of the second chapter up but it flows about as well as molasses and I need to proofread it and make sure that it's coherent.

Well, a fomorian being a bit too close could be a nice way to have mine thrown out into the line of fire and gain some 'favour' amongst the clan, given that no-one knows him or his loyalties yet. Still, requires someone else to be in the area to make the first move with me, I ain't going to 'let myself out', wouldn't feel right and I don't trust myself poking with everyone else's stuff.

Also, to get it straight; (wanting to get this confirmed in my head)

-we have the Aequitas dojo, base of the clan and it's operations.

-the station, a public zone, like a city centre in space for tenno to live and/or visit.

-and a load of various hostile/un-owned areas like enemy ships, planets and abandoned/derelict areas.

Any other main areas to know of?

Well, a fomorian being a bit too close could be a nice way to have mine thrown out into the line of fire and gain some 'favour' amongst the clan, given that no-one knows him or his loyalties yet. Still, requires someone else to be in the area to make the first move with me, I ain't going to 'let myself out', wouldn't feel right and I don't trust myself poking with everyone else's stuff.

Also, to get it straight; (wanting to get this confirmed in my head)

-we have the Aequitas dojo, base of the clan and it's operations.

-the station, a public zone, like a city centre in space for tenno to live and/or visit.

-and a load of various hostile/un-owned areas like enemy ships, planets and abandoned/derelict areas.

Any other main areas to know of?

nope, you pretty much got it all.

WELL GAIS I think i finally finished pulling myself out of dat Hole i dug in my brain as far as writing goes. also for those that asked for the DS thingie I shall get to that soon. FOr now i shall work on fleshing out my Formorian post. and the reason why the alerts haven't gone off jussssst yet will also be addressed! And this isn't just any ol' Formorian mission and the Crew... will not be what is expected!

Also i prolly won't finish the FOrmorian post till tonight or tomorrow as I'm balancing between it and Playing Dark Souls :D -so addicted- bout to hit my first NG+ *rolls around happily*

also for those wondering that a KittyShark actually is. I will soon have art of it :D hmm *thinks of making a KittyShark based warframe now... oh the possibilities...*

EDIT: this posting box is derpy as all hell

Edited by KittyShark

Right, lets throw this up here for now. I may make adjustments if I/people feel it's needed for whatever reason, but it'll do for now.

Name: Nyght, Excalibur Prime.

For appearance, it would be easier to see my posts on pg 220 & 222, 1 has a screen of frame, the other a chapter containing some descriptive stuff.

Originally from a small clan based on a cluster of planetoids towards the edge of the system, Nyght was a 'Blade dancer', highly skilled sword-masters, to the point it was sometimes referred to as an art. A member of the 'Nobility' of the clan's population, he served amongst the honour guard, forming exceptionally strong bonds with the members of his 'pack' ( the clans terminology varied slightly from standard, that's allowed right?).

Nyght has, under normal circumstances, a chivalrous and honourable attitude towards his duties of upholding balance and protecting his brothers/sisters. Likely to present this disciplined stance towards strangers, but has a 'loosened up' social side with tenno he develops friendship/bonds with.

However, due to ordeals gone/going through (which I will get too), he is stressed and slightly unstable.

Nyght's former clan prior to the collapse events controlled a small cluster of planetoids towards the system's edge. Governed by a body of the clan's 'grandmasters of their trades/arts/field', and a 'ruling' pair chosen by them, the clan upheld a tradition of chivalry, protecting the local populace over the area and the planet's ecosystems. Honour and Chivalry became key ideals, fuelling the designation of 'Nobility' to the clans leaders and elite warriors.

The veteran and elite warriors were offered the position of 'Honourguard', becoming 'Nobles' within the clan with additional power. Honourguard were often tasked with particularly high importance tasks and duties.

The clan adopted some unique terminology and traits, such as referring to their 'cells' of tenno warriors as 'packs', and a heavy usage of runic language. Every warrior, once past initiation, was gifted a finely crafted pendant device, adorned with intricate engravings and flair. Carved over the centre of the pendant, is a single rune, indicating the name of it's owner. The pendants acted a twofold purpose;

1- They acted as 'dogtags'/'ID cards', used to identify lost warriors and also provide security id/clearance.

2- Crystals within work as a 'memory' storage, potentially containing a wide array of data, from personal memories (like a journal) to classified information (like blueprints or other sensitive material amongst the high ranks)

During the collapse/war/etc period, the cluster his clan rested in came under overwhelming assault, to the point the clan's council knew they were about to lose they area. As such, they developed a last chance project. Dubbed the 'Ark', their last remaining interstellar vessel, a Battlecruiser, was refitted to become a floating, armoured transporter, containing vast banks of cryopods, each holding a member of their civilian populace, tenno or otherwise. Attached to this, a small group of the honourguard, charged with the protection of the people within and to help rebuild once the ark found a new, unclaimed and unthreatened habitable area. The pack Nyght belonged too formed this honourguard.

The rest of the clan held their territory to last, buying time for the ark to clear the warzone.

Unknown events transpire since then, but the result is that the 'ark' is 'lost', along with it's cargo, and through this twist of events and a corpus expedition, Nyght's pod is found by them and 'recovered', whereby my first chapter starts.

A result of the cryo-sleep, events separating his pod from  the ark and the corpus tearing it from the orokin technology their expedition found, his memory is shattered, only small fragments of his clan's past and the ark remaining. The pendant he owns, he knows what it is but no longer how to access the data within, and the fragmented memories he does have 'haunt' him, both awake and asleep. As such, when first meeting Aequitas members, he will likely be unstable, if not 'broken', with little understanding of the current state of the system and events. (eg- doesn't know who corpus/grineer are, or the lotus.

Nyght does however retain most of his combat prowess, along with his own blade 'Moonshard', a master-crafted dakra prime with a pale blue grip and engraved blue guard. His favoured form of combat is close range to melee, utilising short range fire arms such as shotguns and rapid firearms, before closing into melee. In melee, he adopts an agile yet precise mix of sword work and snapshots, rather than heavy blows. Makes great use of frame's agility abilities (dash, jump) and blind. Has a fairly balanced body build with good agility.

Me thinks this should do for now, bit of background, explanation of his ordeal and thus his current state of mind. Should help with weaving him into the Aequitas line.