Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

'ALANE, RUN!'

Alane ran, and ran, and ran.

She knew, all on her own, she was going to have to save Darius.

She was going to have to kill legions of infested ranks and possibly Nakarn himself.

She was scared.

--------------------------------------------------

A small little teaser for the next part of my fanfic :O

I'm writing a piece about Aktos and Vulcana becoming official members of the clan. I referenced Sandalphon and i'm sure i have to ask: Is it okay if i do that? He didn't speak but i just wanted to make sure i wasn't crossing a boundary of some sort before i posted it.

EDIT: Well....it's not really a reference but he doesn't speak and i portrayed him as kinda irritable, i'm assuming registration has to be boring in some way. As far as i know, nobody came to him to be registered, and he's the registration guy :/

Edited by DraikoHunter

The Infested were an anomaly. Unpredictable, feral and possessing no independent thought other than the Hive Mind.The Great Plague consumed everything it touched. During the Long War the Plague was intended to be a weapon. A weapon that would have wreaked untold devastation on the Sentients that opposed them. In truth they should have stopped the moment the Plague went out of control. Thousands of souls perished, and were changed utterly into deformed abominations that defied natural order.

Even the Grineer and the Corpus feared it so.

/

The human colony was burning. John watched dispassionately. Loch Na had called this place home once when she was just an acolyte in the Corpus Collective. She had made a deal with the Warlord: she would hand over the names of the merchants who had contacted her about the Sleeping Tenno if they managed to grab an artifact for her in a small colony on Europa. A colony that is right now teeming with Infested hordes.

"The slaves will be dead or dying." John told his subordinates grimly. "This is not a rescue mission, we are here solely for Loch Na's artifact. We will retrieve it and move quickly out of the area as the Infestation will only keep spreading faster. Due to the nature of this mission one Cell will secure the landing zone and defend it from attack. Another will journey into the Outpost to find this artifact." No one spoke a word about the Corpus slaves that were probably fighting for their lives. John was relieved that Theresa had taken her team on another mission, Tarkus would have made an outburst and John was not in the mood for his insolence.

John's gaze hardened. "Move fast and silent, I advise the use of Heat Mods and close quarters weapons. Apart from old maps the outpost may have changed its layout and the artifact may not be there at all." The Frost exhaled. If the artifact was not there then he would personally throw Loch Na into the void of space himself. "Be advised: The Lotus has given out news that a particularly powerful Infested life-form may stalk the halls. Rumor has it that it has already killed a Cell from another clan."

Each and every member of Clan Bellum Forma were stunned by the news.

/

Kevin sometimes really regretted his luck. He was on the Retrieval team so he made sure to choose the right weapons. A Soma assault rifle was his primary weapon. Next he chose a Brakk for emergencies. It was a Pocket Shotgun, who would complain about that? Next he chose a single Ether Sword as a melee weapon. He turned to see Janice pick her weapons, a Penta Grenade launcher, Twin Wraith Vipers that had been made in the armory, and a Machete. The Ember smiled at him and Kevin nodded his head before pulling his helmet on. Ivan was the leader of the retrieval team, hefting a massive Drakgoon Flak cannon in his arms. The Rhino had chosen to take Val along as well, her Valkyr was well suited to fighting in the close halls of the Outpost.

/

Adam's cell was in charge of keeping the landing zone clear. Kevin hefted his Soma as Val took point, holding her Tigris. Ivan moved with her, his head on a swivel. Everywhere they saw dead Corpus Crewmen, slaves and MOAs that were torn apart. The Outpost was a tomb and filled with monsters now. Kevin couldn't help but be reminded of a horror story he once read during break...

The roar of the Infested Horde echoed through the halls.

"Contact!" Val roared as she depressed the trigger on her Tigris. The Infested Crawler that had just turned the corner simply became paste against the walls. It was replaced by three more that were shredded by the Drakgoon. Ivan and Val crouched and the cell formed up into an archaic battle formation as the Infested charged them. There were so many but they were bunched up which made them easy targets for the Cell's weapons. The Penta in particular made things easier and due to the Heat mods Janice was using the tide turned to favor the Tenno.

"Clear!" Val called out.

"They're coming in from the back!" Kevin called out firing his Soma at the charging infested. 

"Run!" Ivan roared. The Cell kept moving, deeper into the bowels of the Outpost.

Edited by Divinity112

Everyone. I'll do a photoshop session after my exams if you guys want, so all of us can introduce all of our characters that way :P

But the image will be ready by the 2nd week of February.

I've been trying to develop my character, my Ash will be done in a couple days. Maybe I'm being squeaky, but I really want to be a part of this, so I've been thinking and trying do develop and start writing for him. Could I send in a screenie once I've got mine?