Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

Darius dragged his feet while Nakarn prattled on idly to himself, broken by the occasional chuckle. Darius wasn't paying any attention to Nakarn, he was straining his ears to hear at least the slightest of screams, Alane's or whatever had made the fierce shriek. Since the first scream from when they were just starting to crawl through the shafts, they'd hear two other quieter ones. Darius hoped and hoped and hoped that Alane was not in trouble and that she was fine...

Suddenly, something so sudden it made Darius chuckle, Darius's stomach growled.

Nakarn looked at Darius like a specimen.

'No food for you, not for a long time,' said Nakarn, in that raspy voice of his. Darius scowled in response.

'Can you at least explain to me what you're going to use me for? A 'final' wish for a 'certainly dead' man.'

'I'm going to...Incorporate you into my body. How does having your muscles removed and grafting them into my own to increase my vitality and strength sound?'

Darius stared back at the form of Nakarn, shocked. His eyes were wide with the prospect of being used, being...desecrated like Nakarn was going to do to him. Then they were out of the tunnels, in a sort of utility room. Nakarn pushed Darius towards the door, which automatically opened.

'HORDES B56 AND BA55, GET OVER HERE AND MAKE SURE HE DOES NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MOVE!!!'

Darius flinched from the shear volume of Nakarns loud order, even the ancients cowering from the abomination that stood before them. Nakarn walked off, presumably to alert the surgeons and to re-prep the operating room.

----------------------------------------

Alane looked closely at the rambling runes, making sense of hardly half of it. Alane looked at the thing scratching them out.

'These runes,' she said to him, 'they don't look much like anything.'

'THES- RU-S ARE O-D--ARTH,' shrieked the sentient Infested.

'Old-Earth?'

The beast's head spasmed, a crude portrayal of a nod.

Then the beast scratched out the entire Old-Earth alphabet forgotten by even the most ancient of things...

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z

'T--S IS WHAAT MY RA-- USED TO C--MUN-C-TE.'

'And what exactly is your name in these runes?'

'M- DESIG-NATIO- IS EDEN.'

-------------------------------------------

PLOT TWIST!

I'm a scary-as-hell infested unit that can talk.

Hey guys, since currently Heus is dispatched to the Fomorian, can I just repost the story when Kitty does her bit? It's getting kind of buried at the moment so maybe this could free up a little bit of space for me to write about Heus while keeping with the story. :D

Hey guys, since currently Heus is dispatched to the Fomorian, can I just repost the story when Kitty does her bit? It's getting kind of buried at the moment so maybe this could free up a little bit of space for me to write about Heus while keeping with the story. :D

Sure

065tdsa

Have you got something lined up for continuing where Mine and Yours left off? (with the making way to get Nyght's gear after lunch.)

Or am I clear for doing it?

Didn't want to go writing any continuation, to go and cut across you if you'd already started.

I didn't really have a plan, but i do have an idea, so i'll roll with it.

---

Akinos led Nyght through the Dojo, heading for the Foundry. Along the way, they talked of weapons and equipment.

-So, in short-Akinos said-You should be getting a reliable, potent, and fairly versatile primary, at least until you have more resources. A Braton would be my choice. It never disappoints, and every Tenno is familiar with it. Besides, Grineer rifles are plain ugly, and to this day i am fairly sure that the Karak is put together with duct tape. We do have some corpus models, if you like energy guns, but those are clan tech, and a bit on the expensive side.

-I see-Nyght responded-I'll keep that advice in mind. As far as a secondary weapon goes, i was thinking of something compact, something i could hold along with my sword.

-Now see, that's what we call missing the solar train!-Akinos laughed-Well, not really, but the Wraith Viper machine pistol was a limited production weapon, and fitted the description just fine. We do have a whole array of secondary weapons, including regular Vipers, but the truth is i'd advice for something with a bit more punch. In any case, you'll get to go through the inventory soon enough. There's one more piece of weaponry you should be looking for, though...

-And what would that be?-Shade uncloaked, floating above Akinos' shoulder-A Sentinel, probably. I mean, if you want to live.

-I was going to say codex scanners-Akinos snapped back-but Sentinels are helpful. And not all of them talk like him.

-Not all of us hack doors or forge documentations like me either,-Shade retorted-but you won't see anyone complain... Unless they were in the receiving end, of course.

-Sentinels provide a variety of support in combat, with abilities that are unique to each type-Akinos said, trying to get things back in track-Not all of them have personality, or the ability to speak. This is in fact quite rare. and while it can be helpful, since it allows for them to do a lot of things outside of combat, it also means they do whatever they want if you are not there to prevent it. Mainly because this kind of Sentinels can have wants. The not-self-aware variety is all in all a positive to any engagements, so i advice you to consider getting one.

-And i am a positive to all that is deceit-Shade added, then turning invisible-Now, i take my leave.

-Oh well, we are pretty much at the foundry anyway-Akinos said, pointing at the door right ahead of them-Good luck with the weapons, i think i'll go see what he's up to.

It didn't take too long for Akinos to find the Shade, as it had gone back to his room in the Dojo. It seemed to be working on some sort of document, more exactly, a list.

-Got any good ideas for tasks?-the Sentinel asked-Not something important or delicate. Something that would make someone suffer plentifully, and have an Aesop about humility ... Or just very painful.

---